Create Account

[BHN] Rumor of Fight Causes Concern with NEW Prospect

[Image: Bean_with_an_s_Hockey_Network_logo.png]

BOSTON, MA -- News of a potential rift between the management of the New England Wolfpack and Jonathon Hagan have left the American defenseman's future up in the air. A source with knowledge of the situation told the Bean Hockey Network that the situation began when Hagan was informed of a significant change in the team's plan going forward for his development and future status with the team. The discussion with management that followed apparently turned sour on both ends, putting the soon to be RFA's future with the team in question. Hagan declined to comment on the issue, saying, "I remain focused on the playoffs with Great Falls and the team here, and continuing my development in the hopes of suiting up for New England in the near future."

Hagan's season with Great Falls was not without problems, as the defenseman failed to meet even his numbers from his rookie season, putting up 12 goals and 9 assists for 21 points over the campaign. His defensive work was much improved, tying teammate Arturs Turmov in shot blocks, and placing their names in the top 5 single season record books, but the offensive game was never quite there for Hagan. It can only be speculated what exactly occurred during the incident, but it is certain that his subpar production in Great Falls over the last year was a central component of the event. Whether the exact cause was in regards to future call up plans or his role when he does make the roster is up in the air.

New England GM kenvald responded to the inquiry on the incident, saying, "He [Hagan] was simply not good enough this year, and we told him as much. I feel it's incredibly likely that he ends up a career juniors player like his brother, he just didn't continue improving in the way we thought he would. And I told him as much, and if he cannot take a little constructive criticism, then he does not belong in this sport." All of the information points to an uncertain future for Hagan, though he will be an RFA at the conclusion of this season should no agreement be reached and a qualifying offer is made, making New England hold all the cards.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

*gasp* Spicy Beans!

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

These are the kind of beans I live for

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.