Create Account

Parker Smeb Speaks To Media

---------------------------------------------------------------

The star defensemen had tears rolling down his cheeks Saturday as he spoke publicly for the first time since the Syndicate released him to free agency after 11th-hour contract negotiations between GM SDCore and Lovell-Kunkel Agencies fell through. Parker ultimately signed a contract with the San Francisco Pride.

After 830 games with Chicago, Smebs ticket out of town was punched when the sides couldn't bridge what sources say was a small financial gap on a one year deal. It's believed the Syndicate offered $5 million a season while Lovell-Kunkel was asking for $10 million. Parker ended up signing for $4 million with the Pride.

"This is not what my family and I had in store," said Smeb, who met with the media at the O'Hare International Airport. "This city is like home to me and my family. We've been here for 15 years. I never thought it would come to this day. I've grown up and learned so much in the 15 years I've been here"  Parker said through a Korean translator.

Smeb dissolved in tears as he spoke.

"I'm disappointed with leaving Chicago. I've enjoyed living here and I love the fans," he said, his voice catching.

"I promised Jess I wouldn't do this," he continued, choked by emotion. "But as I said, there comes a time when, uh, when…"

In Chicago, Syndicate owner Luke Atmey was burned in effigy by angry fans who believed the owner had sold off the franchise's greatest asset.

The Syndicates 21 phone lines melted with callers threatening to cancel season tickets and/or never again buy a ticket or follow the team in any way.

Despite the uproar, Luke Atmey was generous in his comments to reporters as he announced the release..

"I believe Parker has earned the right to determine his own destiny," he said. "We are not replacing Parker Smeb. You cannot replace Parker Smeb. … It's like losing a son. He's been more than a hockey player to me."

"I told Parker Smeb, 'You have the opportunity to back out now, I don't want to release you,'" the Syndicate owner said, as quoted by Chicago Sun-Times writer Belial. "His response was, 'I want to be released. I wish to go through with it. I have an opportunity to do some new things for me, and it will be good for hockey in the Golden State.'"

As the interview went on, Parkers tone changed "I just can't believe they let the numbers get in the way, we were so close in numbers but at the end of the day they chose to walk away. All I wanted was to be the highest paid Smeb on the team for one season. Unfortunately, they valued Daniel over me. Did Daniel Smeb ever win a Scott Stevens award? No. Parker Smeb did."

Parker was drafted as an original Syndicate member in their inaugural S46 draft, part of the famous Smeb family he accomplished many things for the organization including leading the team to their first cup.

"I just have to wonder what Khan, Chico and Steve-Craig would think if they were still alive to see this... and if Kit could.... he'd have a fit. They loved the Syndicate organization with all their heart. To see a Smeb brother like me booted off the team all so Dan's ego could be stroked.. it stings." Parker said.

Throughout his time on Chicago, Parker was known for his leadership abilities. We spoke to former teammate Jules Watt who had this to say about Parker "We all knew who the REAL leader on the team was and it sure wasn't Daniel. He may have not been the loudest in the dressing room but we all know it was Parker that had the highest leadership ability in the sim. There's been rumors about Chicago announcing a new award for the most dedicated player on the team and I honestly think that award should be named after Parker. He's just exceptional."

At the end of the interview, Parker looked right into the camera and spoke English for the first time in his career, he said "I have long believed that the Canucks are much better than the Oilers, they have had many such successes in the NHL such as almost winning the cup three times, that's almost as many times as the Oilers actually won the cup. Anyone who disagrees is wrong" before boarding his plane to San Francisco.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Will take questions if there are any!

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

I hate this trade me

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Can’t believe Lovell-Kunkel couldn’t get it done. Seems like a bigger defeat than a loss for Atmey.

We kept the wrong Smeb plain and simple.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

That last line gave me chills.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

SAD

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]