Create Account

Great Britain Releases Statement About IIHF HO Decision: Getting Paid Edition

Uk Official Statement by Great Britain IIHF Management Uk

[Image: eipugIu.jpg]

Earlier today, IIHF Head Office announced that there had been an error in the schedule and as a result, they would be painstakingly quick-simming every game to achieve the same records and move forward under the intended grouping. They would keep the record of the scuffed sim and continue forward with the fixed sim. The alternative to this solution would be to re-sim the entire round robin tournament thus far.

We at Great Britain state our discontent with this decision and furthermore will not tolerate not getting paid to write about it, and thus we have this official statement.

We in Great Britain are concerned with the authenticity of the IIHF and WJC tournament and feel the tournament is not taken as seriously as it could be. We feel that is in part to decisions like this.

We recognize the labor the file-team puts into this tournament every season, in a short time span. We also recognize an understandable mistake was made. We do not wish to put them on blast for this situation. On the contrary, we feel the solution proposed is far more effort than is required at the cost of the authenticity of our tournament. The prize for this solution is peace of mind and nothing more.

The IIHF is doubling down on a mistake because it feels bad to resim games. Effort was made on the wrong strand of reality, and that effort would be lost. We understand that. But we also feel it is no small difference to sim half of the round robin tournament with 6 teams in the wrong group. What is the point of a re-seeding system if we do not adhere to it?

By our calculations, the groups as they were originally, compared to what they should have been, show an imbalance of 4600 points (as calculated by Canadice’s tool). For reference, this number is greater than Team Norway’s S61 point total, a team that placed in the 4th seed of Group A. A playoff team, if you would. These groups are imbalanced to a degree equal to that of an IIHF playoff team. Thus we conclude that halfway through the round robin, the results are inaccurate and a detriment to league engagement and authenticity.

Furthermore, we find it baffling to recognize the immensity of the imbalance – inasmuch as the file needs to be painstakingly fixed – while at the same time accepting the results of 37 simmed games under the same imbalance. This is cognitive dissonance. A logical contradiction that makes no sense. Either the imbalance is too severe to merely ignore and move forward OR we can safely ignore it and move forward under the “wrong” groups. It cannot be half of one and half of the other.

For full disclosure, Great Britain recognizes our record this season is poor (so far) and that potentially makes it look like we are sore losers who want another shot. However, we want to state clearly that we expect to make the playoffs nonetheless. Our record is in our own hands. We should have had better lines from the start. We have made modifications that have tested very favorably. Even so, we will not hold this decision at fault for our performance in the IIHF tournament. We wish only to convey the nonsensical decision to spend more time in service of an unauthentic, flawed, and imbalanced sim file.

I will also state for the record that three teams had illegal rosters for various reasons, and to me it adds to the “Scuffitude” of this current sim file.

Any time there is a mistake in the SHL as a whole, the idea of a resim gets an incredibly harsh reaction and things are moved forward with inauthentic results. The response is always that “it doesn’t matter” what the mistake was. But it does matter. If we have the opportunity to do things right, then we should accept only the results of a simulation done with the correct parameters. The idea that users are upset that the sim they witnessed was a lie and therefore we cannot let it be a lie is nonsensical. This happens nearly every time. We buy into the lie because it makes the benefactors of that lie feel good, while ignoring the truth altogether. We feel this argument works both ways though and holds no value.

We hope an explanation can be made – later – to the teams who did not make the tournament this season. Their imbalanced 6 games “don't matter” and we need to “move forward”. Think of how the teams who benefit from this change would feel if we took away their success? By the way, we all had the same opportunities to do well so you can't be upset that we simmed half the tournament wrong, so you’ll just have to suck it up.

Puh-lease.

We think the IIHF and the SHL as a whole can do better. Stop falling prey to the lies of inaccurate sims. If we can do it right 99.9% of the time, we can do it right 100% of the time.

Signed,
PremierBromanov,
@steveoiscool,
Queen
The Queen
Banderdick Bunchacraps

Ready to be graded, split pay between myself and steveoiscool.
God Save the Queen.
Death to Ireland.
Hotdogs are Tacos.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

tldr

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

In before I somehow get fined my WJC Pay for browsing this thread

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

[Image: R.29d761e3b7e8285f27bb646792e74926?rik=a...ImgRaw&r=0]

God Save the Queen

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

I still can't tell if you're serious or not

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

12-21-2021, 10:14 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: I still can't tell if you're serious or not
We never joke about Ireland.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

12-21-2021, 10:14 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: I still can't tell if you're serious or not

the tone is less serious, but its all true

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

Shirley, you can’t be serious

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

12-21-2021, 10:27 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:

the tone is less serious, but its all true

Okay good so I can post the resimming copypasta shitpost again

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

12-21-2021, 10:30 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
12-21-2021, 10:27 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: the tone is less serious, but its all true

Okay good so I can post the resimming copypasta shitpost again

i honestly dont want to hear anything out of your mouth that ISNT resimming copypasta

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

I like how you got Wimbledon Tennismatch's signature on there too.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

12-21-2021, 09:41 PMRashfordU Wrote: In before I somehow get fined my WJC Pay for browsing this thread

already seen you, I shall make sure you’re fined accordingly

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

12-21-2021, 10:17 PMsteveoiscool Wrote:
We never joke about Ireland.
[Image: unknown.png]Hard to hear you from all the way down there

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

12-22-2021, 07:30 AMFaelax Wrote:
12-21-2021, 10:17 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: We never joke about Ireland.
[Image: unknown.png]Hard to hear you from all the way down there

congrats on your fake record Tongue

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG