Create Account

Season 62 Hall of Fame Ceremony
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 12:37 PM by KenitohMenara. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: 1200px-Hockey_Hall_of_Fame_Logo.svg.png]

Date: Wednesday 26th January 2021
Time: 4:00 PM EST
Greetings Hockey fans, I am Alexis Saint-Michel and it is that time of year again for the hall of fame ceremony. As another season of hockey comes to a close, join me and the Hall of Fame committee as we welcome more legendary players to the Hall of Fame.

Bobby Watson *****
Alex Winters ****
Cameron Carter II ****
Charlie Schieck ****
Liam O'Callaghan ***
Reginald MacIntyre ***
Nicholas Williams ***
Jack Tanner ***
Rafe Ulrich ***
Jon Toner ***
The Dude ***
Emiko Spector **
Ti-Guy Emond **
Anders Christiansen **
Brock Nuck **
Ray Bork **
GOD McZehrl*
Barret McCarthy*
Akashi SixNine*
Manuel Gotze*
Otis B. Driftwood*
Frans Eller
Lallo Selman
Markus Tegernako
Skao Anazibf
David Kastrba
Andrej Doskocil
Michael Fox
Jeff Brogen
Luca Veccelli
Goku Muerto
Prince Devitt

Italics=first ballot
*=second ballot
**=third ballot
***=fourth ballot
****=fifth ballot
*****=sixth ballot
Seventh and final ballot

Where is Cedric Robinson? @KenitohMenara

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

How many more date changes should we be expecting here?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Happens tonight. Two and a half hours. See you then

1 hour til ceremony

30 minutes (or so) til ceremony

10 Minutes (or so) til Ceremony

5 Minutes til Ceremony

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to Toronto. Here at the historic hall of fame building, we welcome the next class of hall of famers. Before the ceremony today, I walked around this incredible building, taking in the history and the stories of players of long ago. Seeing the stories and careers of these legends fills me with the same pride and joy that I always get when I host these wonderful occasions. To be given the privilege to host this event as many times as I have is something I treasure dearly. To the players who are entering the hall today, I say this. I have been given the distinct honour and privilege of welcoming the new class of legends. Welcome and thank you for coming. To the players who have been chosen to enter the hall, allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your accomplishments and your legacies. You have achieved the dream that every player holds dearest and even as a new chapter of your life begins, know that the stories you told in hockey will be treasured.

May your names be remembered, now and forever.

Now without further ado, let us proceed with the ceremony.

First things first, I would like to congratulate the Texas Renegades  Renegades for winning the latest Challenge Cup. Revenge is sweet for them this year as they recovered from one of their worst moments in history by being swept by Hamilton to winning a cup against them in Game 7. An incredible story from start to finish and a well deserving championship for those boys who never stopped fighting.

Congrats once again to Texas

The committee would also like to congratulate the Newfoundland Berserkers  Berserkers for winning this year’s Four Star Trophy. Years of close but never close enough results can wreak havok on a teams mental fortitude. Some wondered if Newfoundland's window had come and gone. The team would not only remain focused but proved themselves to be the best team in the SMJHL this year, so once again, Congratulations Newfoundland.

As always, the Committee performs a ranked choice voting system, this year we had 11 players receive votes for the Hall of Fame. 3 of those 11 players were inducted. Each player had to receive 35 votes from the committee to be inducted. The committee wasted no time getting these three incredibly talented players in the Hall of Fame. Before I announce the three inductees, I would like to take this time to congratulate those who were recognised by the committee but did not earn enough votes.

Jeff Brogen - 1 Vote

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 867 | G: 316 | A: 347| P: 663

A player never truly given credit for the work he put in night after night, Jeff Brogen was a tenacious player that absolutely earned his keep. Either as a member of the Pride or the Dragons, Brogen would play his heart out to help his teams win. A gentleman to his teammates but a nightmare to his opponents.

Thank you for everything Jeff!

Jack Tanner - 1 Vote

Career Regular Season stats: GP: 900 | G: 160 | A: 392 | P: 552

Ryan Jesster Trophy Nominee (S39)
Scott Stevens Trophy Nominee (S43)

A defenceman who was never truly given the credit he deserved, Jack Tanner would be a leader for the San Francisco Pride for 17 seasons. When San Fran needed a leader to step up, he would do so from the back end. A consistent 30 point scorer for most of his career who embodies the best qualities of the lion from which the pride take their logo from, Jack’s impact in San Fran deserves more recognition and respect from his peers.

Thank you Jack for all you have done.

Goku Muerto - 3 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 914 | G: 249 | A: 440 | P: 689

Whether on the beaches of San Fran or the tundra of Winnipeg, Goku Muerto rolled up his sleeves and worked his butt off to win games. Whether his earliest showings with San Fran are how he is remembered fondest or his constant streak of 40+ point seasons are, Goku made his mark felt every time he walked out onto the ice.

The Aurora and the Pride will miss you, Goku.