Create Account

Important Announcement From The SHL Commissioner

Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing great.

I'm gonna bite the bullet right away here, but I'm officially going to be stepping down as SHL Commissioner. I've loved this role beyond what I can truly put into words, ever since I stepped into HO for the first time, which now feels like forever ago, but on top of a busy workload in my final semester, picking up shifts at my job, and some mental and physical health issues, I think it would be selfish for me to stay in the role knowing I can't devote the attention and care to it that it truly deserves. If things were going a little bit smoother for me IRL, I could see myself continuing to do this for a very long time, but I think it's time the reigns get passed to someone else who can be more hands on than I can be right now. Looking back at my time as Commissioner, though I do wish I was able to accomplish more, I'm still beyond grateful I was given the opportunity to bring to life so many of the ideas that are a part of today's SHL experience. The merch store, update scale fixes, more coordination with our sister sim leagues all across the internet, the founding of the SLF, the move to live drafts for a more fun draft experience, last year's charity drive, and so much more. All of these things were ideas that I, alongside the amazing and truly selfless people I was able to work with, was able to add to improve upon the site experience. I struggled so much with this decision because I really feel this is only just the beginning, and there are so many other things that I feel are on the horizon for the SHL that I would have loved to oversee during my tenure, but I've become more accepting of being content with what I was able to accomplish, and I have full faith that whoever steps in after me will continue to lead the league into a bright and exciting future.

First I wanna thank @DrunkenTeddy, @Leafs4ever and @Eggy216 for taking a chance on me and letting me into this role in the first place, I will always be thankful for the trust you put in me to lead the site.

Thank you @SDCore for taking a chance on me first joining HO, and also for making me your Co-Commissioner so soon after. I was really new to it all, and I know you took a leap of faith to put me there, and I'm really thankful you did.

Thank you to all my Co-Commissioners, @luketd, @tommysalami and @Patty. Luke, the work you put in as Co-Commish man, you're the best fucking dude on this site, and I'm so thankful to know you and have you as a friend. Tommy, you stepped up and filled some really big shoes after Luke left, and in your short time you filled them well. You're an awesome dude who I've known of on the site for so long, so getting the opportunity to know you was amazing, you're a really cool dude and I'm thankful for you. Patty, we haven't gotten to work as a tandem for long, but I've known you as a member of HO for a long time and you are hands down one of the coolest guys on the site. I love just getting to chat and joke around with you, you're amazing

Thank you to all of the HO Members I've been so privileged to have as part of my team during my tenure. @spooked, @reid, @Allegiant, @hhh81, @Rangerjase, @Keygan, @Fluw and @sköldpaddor (really hope I didn't forget anyone), you guys are all some really fantastic community members and having you aboard HO was really great. Aside from just the work you've done for the site, you're all just some awesome people who make this site brighter. To the ones still in HO, keep giving that back to the site. To those who aren't in HO anymore, keep being the amazing people you've always been and making everyone's day brighter.

Thank you to @BadWolf, and very recently @ACapitalChicago, for the work you guys have done to represent the SMJHL in all HO discussion. ACap we've only gotten to work together a short time since BadWolf became Toronto's Co-GM, but I appreciated getting to chat with you the other night, you're a really fun guy and I look forward to talking to you more in the future. BadWolf, you are seriously one of the site's most underappreciated users, I swear to god if you disappeared this place would fall apart. Keep being the glue this site needs, keep making juniors an engaging experience for new users, and thank you for putting up with me even when I could sometimes be forgetful and scatterbrained.

Thank you to all the SHL GMs, of which there are too many to name, for the work you continuously put in to engaging your communities, and building your teams up not just as some fake locker room on a niche hockey forum, but as genuine groups of friends who care about each other beyond what happens on here. I've been around here as long as I have because of great GMs like yourselves who fostered these teams and turned them into so much more. Tagging @Hallsy and @RotticusScott since y'all are not only Hamilton's current GMs, but also some of my honest to god best friends in the world, alongside all the other dudes in that server (again, too many to tag). Beyond all this though, thank you all for being such a pleasure to work with, for working alongside us even though it can at times feel like we're at odds, or our goals don't align. You guys have been amazing people to me, even if you didn't agree with every decision put out, you still put a hand out to work alongside me and the teams I've put together in HO, and for that I'll always be grateful. I always wanted to do right by you guys, as someone who was a former Juniors GM that valued good relationships with HO, and I really hope I was able to do that.

AND LASTLY, thanks to you, reader of this obnoxiously long text post. You, the SHL community, kept me going in this job even when it got hard, or it felt thankless, or it felt like everything was crashing down on my head. There's so many more people I could tag but I think my replacement will be picked by the time I even get to posting this if I were to tag literally everyone individually. Point being, thank you for keeping this community alive, thank you for supporting me, messaging me words of encouragement, arguing with me, debating with me, yelling at me, listening to what I have to say, or even just stopping by to chat with me. I hope this site continues to thrive for a long time, and for that to happen, you'll all have to continue to be the great people you've always been. I'm counting on you!

Shl

So that's that! I'm gonna be staying on as Commissioner until my replacement has been picked, the process for that will be starting right away as soon as Teddy or Leafs get the hiring thread posted. I'm happy to say I'll be joining them where SHL Commissioners go to retire as a member of the site's ownership team! I'm hoping that in this role, while being more hands off to look after myself first, I'll still be able to make positive contributes to the site, and help it function and improve. Thanks for the offer teddy, leafs and eggy, I'm excited to keep working with you guys, as well as everyone else currently in SHL HO.

For the last time, on behalf of the SHL Head Office, your friend always
nour

P.S. please don't change the password for the HO GMail it's my legacy.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Love u Harrak man

[Image: rotti.gif]

All love Nour

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2022, 03:20 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

:sadge: so much progress was made under you in such a short amount of time. I hope our next commissioner does half as good of a job.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

pepehands

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Thanks for the things you've done as commish <3

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Nothing but love, nour. It's been a pleasure! Wishing you the best of luck with everything

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Thank you for your service. The SHL is a great place and you have done a great job in keeping it evolving and moving forward!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

smh what am i chopped liver

Congrats on the tenure and best of luck in the future!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

You did a great job mate, thanks for making the league a better place!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

@nour

I know most would thing I've been a pain for you to deal with at points. Hell, I know I assumed that plenty of times.

If you thought I was or I wasn't, you never let on. We would frequently come from very different perspectives and would not always agree on things, but we both recognized how deeply the other person cared about the league and what was driving the other person's thoughts and beliefs. You handled your position with a lot of class and while I would sometimes leave our conversations unhappy, it was never tied you as a person.

If I had to design the ideal commissioner of the SHL, they'd have a lot of your traits, and I appreciate both our interactions and what you've done for the site.

Enjoy retirement bud <3

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I know stepping away from something you love but don't have the bandwidth to give what it deserves can be incredibly hard. Wishing you well, nour.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

*stick tap* thanks Nour

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Wait no last minute nour punishment?

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

\_\_

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]