Create Account

Mike Izzy Code of Conduct Punishment and Appeals Result

02-06-2022, 06:03 PMboom Wrote: On a hopefully more productive note - for the neurodiverse people here, what are ways GMs could make their LRs/teams more accessible and less overwhelming for y’all? Feel free to DM if you’re not comfortable posting it. Personally I want to try and make the LR as comfortable as possible, no sniping at other teams here but I do want to do better if I can and I’m sure others would too.

Not speaking as a person in the similar group as, say, Valor but with experience on it - I'd recommend setting up roles for channel viewing and then tie those to a bot so everyone can just select whatever they want. It's a bit of hard work at first but worth it.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

@Rangerjase I blame HO

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Izzy is an awesome person. I fully support him without reservation. My fondest wish for him is to stay away from this league and be happy not having to deal with all this nonsense and stupidity

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

@Gwdjohnson whats your problem man?

[Image: rotti.gif]

02-06-2022, 07:12 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote:
02-06-2022, 07:12 PMRagnar Wrote: Gorlab is an awesome person. I fully support him without reservation. My fondest wish for him is to stay away from this league and be happy not having to deal with all this nonsense and stupidity
This but unironically

100%

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Mike Izzy has submitted an appeal and the Appeals Committee will now start deliberating on the matter.

Due to the highly sensitive nature of the situation and the risk that it might pose on peoples health if not handled appropriately, this thread will be closed for the time being and all new ones that are opened about it will be deleted (Yes, even in the Thunderdome).

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Official Appeal Response from the Committee, OP will be updated to include this as well:

I.
To preface, we apologize for any ambiguity in our description of events. Head Office has chosen to release a minimal amount of the details of this case publicly due to their sensitive nature. We choose to respect that decision in this appeal, and will focus on the larger scope rather than the detail when communicating our decision to the SHL public.

II.
Head Office claims that Mike Izzy sent multiple inappropriate messages with discriminatory content to members of the Head Office team. These messages were shared with the Appeals team, and we confirmed their contents matched Head Office’s description of events. Mike Izzy’s appeal did not contradict or deny the contents of his messages to the Head Office team. Following appeal, we believe Mike Izzy’s comments toward Head Office were inappropriate and rise to the level of a conduct violation, regardless of Mike Izzy’s claimed reasons for making them.

III.
When reviewing the sentence, we agree that one week and three games is an acceptable sentence duration. Izzy’s actions meet the description of a conduct violation in the rulebook, and the sentence assigned by Head Office is among the lowest that can be given for a conduct violation. We believe a brief suspension is appropriate in these circumstances.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 03:51 PM by JURT.)

Congratulations on your first decision, new Appeals Committee

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 03:57 PM by sve7en.)

02-07-2022, 03:49 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: II.
Head Office claims that Mike Izzy sent multiple inappropriate messages with discriminatory content to members of the Head Office team. These messages were shared with the Appeals team, and we confirmed their contents matched Head Office’s description of events. Mike Izzy’s appeal did not contradict or deny the contents of his messages to the Head Office team. Following appeal, we believe Mike Izzy’s comments toward Head Office were inappropriate and rise to the level of a conduct violation, regardless of Mike Izzy’s claimed reasons for making them.

> izzy you said some shitty things, you can't say that
ok, but this is why i said that
> no.

Excellent appeal

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Appeals Committee’s first case was a doozy, but this seems very reasonable.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Showing zero remorse and not apologizing for majorly crossing a line should've added to the suspension if anything

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Good job appeals committee

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

02-07-2022, 03:54 PMToast Wrote: Showing zero remorse and not apologizing for majorly crossing a line should've added to the suspension if anything

Not specifically in reference to this suspension, but worth noting: as a policy, it is out of our committee's scope to increase disciplinary penalties. Any additional disciplinary action or rulebook changes we identify in a decision are only recommendations to head office

02-07-2022, 03:54 PMToast Wrote: Showing zero remorse and not apologizing for majorly crossing a line should've added to the suspension if anything

gonna get a lot of half-hearted apologies lol

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

mike "cruel for a reason" izzy

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM