Create Account

My time has come: Thank you and goodbye Colorado

The time has come. After 4 exciting regular seasons and 4 intense playoff runs, my Raptors career has officially come to an end. As I move to Seattle next season, I figured it'd be a good time to reflect on my time here. 264 games, 64 goals, 118 assists and 182 points to wrap it all up.

My favorite memory would be scoring my one and only hat trick on September 3, 2021, I think against Great Falls. I remember watching that game live and it was an otherworldly sim experience. 
My least favorite memory would be posting a boat sinking GIF in Raptors when we were up 3-2 in the S60 playoffs against Anchorage. What came next was almost too predictable. We lost 4-3 series.

I've truly enjoyed my time here with the Raptors and SHL overall. It felt so long ago I was browsing reddit, soon finding an ad for the SHL. Looking back on that day, I'm really glad I got pulled in by the ad. Now that my juniors time is over, time to thank some people who have made it such a wonderful time while giving me some unforgettable memories:

@Jumbobone19 Thanks for being such an amazing General Manager. You threw a 5th round pick at me and took a chance. You have been amazing since Day 1, helping me with all my newbie questions about the league. Ever since then, I feel like I have messaged you like over 100 times asking you anything ranging from builds to asking for lines. Really appreciate you being patient and calm with me considering how many questions I have asked you. You gave me advice to make me the best player I could be in sims and assembled 4 very goat Raptors squads. From my rookie season to my last, I felt like all teams that I played on were competitive and active, filled with tons of users and players that I eventually got to know. You always believed in me since the beginning and someone who was friendly and kind to talk to. 

@Ruggsy Thanks for being an amazing Co-General Manager. I don't remember a lot about you from the early days (you welcome me first so maybe not), but something I do remember is when you DMed me about a secret opportunity to earn some cash, which was crucial in the beginning. Unfortunately I did not capitalize on that, but I appreciate you reaching out about the opportunity. You were also a great sport for my DN jokes, though you got baited by me at least a few times. Again, you answered all my questions in the early game and even tried to help me with my FHM struggles. 

@micool132 Thanks for being just an all around cool person. Again, I can't recall talking to you a lot early on, but eventually you were someone who I really enjoy being around. You are funny, knowledgeable and a very good locker room leader when you were around. Also being a Habs fan, I can get my daily scores extremely quickly without going on the NHL app or NHL.com, with one simple question. You provided me with some next level intellect and philosophy, and it will be something that I'll hold deeply in my heart. (Things like don't hang the bear's fur before killing it). You also motivated and encouraged me throughout the whole process, and are the source of a couple of my favorite emotes and sayings (namely :blasttfw: :smirkdoge: and Im gonna win the cup). You are gonna win the cup. 

@hhh81 Thanks for being the person with all the league history tales and wisdom to share. You supplied me with tons of Trips media (all of which was really, really good) and helped me out with that 5th rounder article. You always seem to know everything and chime in with some really useful information at the right times. A true Raptors legend and SHL whisperer indeed.

Now, for the biggest set of thank yous. I figured I might just list out all my teammates, since I don't want to bombard half the site with pings lol. 

JT3: Thanks for being someone Manning could look up to. Although I never really reached your level of legendary in my time here, it was worth a shot.
Graydon: Thanks for being the cool canucks fan around. Hopefully the games aren't THAT late for you to watch out east there. 
academydropout: I probably have not interacted with you much, but you were the only guy that played 264 games with me. Thanks for being a loyal teammate. 
kepeord: Ouy eerw eon fo ym emeoswa 6S1 slasc ubdidse. hkaTns rof a rtaeg metaetma, nda oughth ouy eflt aryle )oob(o uoy era atog. 
Yqu rwerew oberf og myu aqwesone S623 cadd buddies. Yhanakg for veubng buibjh d greak teamfvyae, aaidf erguyfg rytw lfbh svdjak (yuuu) qtw arq bkaot.
Translation for those who cannot read drokeep: You were one of my awesome S61 class buddies. Thanks for being a great teammate, and though you left early (booo) you are goat. Also get typing lessons please. You will do everyone in Raptors a good deed.
Gordon: One of the S62s that stayed to the end, you were again, a great teammate. I'm sure you'll go on and break records for the Raptors and SMJHL next season. Shoyo is that talented offensively.
Vaxlare: One of the S62 that left (sadge), you were cool during the time you were here, but Detroit looks to have a promising future with you at the helm.
theZinator: You were the first person to be drafted by Colorado that I had scouted. Although you are IA and probably never going to read this, uh thank you? 
Beaver: Not SHL related, but thanks for showing me around the PBE world and updating here to give us some dam good goaltending. Hopefully my Beaver memes can stay alive for next season.
Dorito: Now part of Colorado's future, you had an absolutely disgusting first season. I could never imagine nearing 50 points as a rookie. Great things to come for you!
Goldenglutes: Also part of the beaming S64 class, you will be that elite defensive defenseman Colorado gets to enjoy very soon. Thanks for grading milestones and purposely making them easier for me.
Hockeyman: Thanks for calling me a Colorado legend. Really touches the heart. 
wuma: Thanks for giving my advice to "milk" articles for 2x draft media. That totally worked, and I made over $25 million fake internet money.
Fluw: Fluw
Jess: Thanks for being someone really easy to talk to after a Battleborn-Raptors game and helping me with some PBE stuff too.
Birdman: Thanks for helping me out with the 5th rounder article. You provided some insightful advice and some good quotes.
Fluw: Okay for real, you were great to have conversations with, and though nothing GFG-COL came to fruition in the end with myself involved, I enjoyed talking with you anyways.

Finally, the biggest, greatest, mightiest and boldest thank you goes to none other than @lespoils. What truly led off the knowing so many great people started off with you, and without that faithful message you sent at 3am, I may have never been able to experience all of this with Coolorado. I'll be really honest, I had no clue who you were in the Colorado LR for 2 months, only knowing a guy named lespoils scouted me. Eventually I figured it out. You mentored me along in the WJC S60 Finland and taught me well enough so I felt comfortable doing future WJCs by myself. I eventually found my way onto the SMJHL All Star Committee with you as the head, and have been enjoying the job. So thank you, for really, everything. You also are very awesome and friendly. (Glad to see the Elk up and running though! They will be scary in future seasons for sure.)

So, that's it. If I didn't mention you don't worry, I'm sure I will have an great impression of you in my heart. I probably missed a lot of people here. My Raptors story will end there and although I feel slightly bad for not being able to help win us a coveted 4 Star Cup, I am truly grateful and blessed for all the wonderful people I have met and all the happy memories I made along the way. Even though I will be leaving, Colorado is left in amazing hands with Jumbo and Ruggsy and I'm sure success will be finding us sooner or later. To all the current roster players and future rookies, good luck! I wish you guys nothing but the best and hope you have joyful and successful seasons to come. To all the current SHLers I am about to play against, please be kind to me on the ice. I'll need you guys to go easy against me for sure.

My final words: Thank you Colorado for everything. Now, my time has come.

Can’t wait to get started in the SHL.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

I'm not crying it the onions!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Glad I could be Fluw for you <3

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2022, 01:11 PM by Jumbobone19.)

@jay2233 it was great having you on the team and in the LR. I unofficially give you the award for the Best hype man for those pregame speeches. I hope your time in the bigs is as great as your time in Colorado. We will miss you MAX

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

<3 _/ _/ _/

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Thanks for the kind words you absolute goat

[Image: lespoils.gif]

No way I didn’t get a shoutout from jay

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

02-17-2022, 04:46 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: No way I didn’t get a shoutout from jay
Wbf: you are cool I guess. Also good luck as commish

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Great J career man, I can't wait to see what you do in the big league.

Start writing that 2x media for your recreate, I expect 2.5b from all the media you're gonna have ready to go.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

i cry now

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

See you in Seattle soon!!  Argonauts Argonauts Argonauts

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

You're a great teammate Jay, Seattle has got a good one.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

your the best max manning