Create Account

S64 SMJHL PT#3 - Rivalry Week

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?

Written option:150 words on the above
Graphic option: Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S64 SMJHL Rookies (S65 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or ISFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, April 3rd @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

While we may not particularly like many teams, there's one that stands above the rest in the dislike pile. THe Anaheim Outlaws top that list by a country mile as far as historical rivalries go but there's also a personal reason for wanting to beat them at every opportunity. Growing up, Dubois competed quite fiercely against the one and only lord Farquads for their junior league's top scoring title. While it was a friendly competition, it was intense. they usually went back and forth between first and 2nd with one another throughout the season and over the years they've won an equal amount of scoring titles. Now that both players have made the SMJHL, the rivalry continues both between them and their teams. It'll be interesting to follow these 2 careers and compare them closely as time passes, especially when they are both drafted into the SHL and beyond. But as for now, he is just another outlaw and nobody likes outlaws.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 08:44 AM by blix900. Edited 1 time in total.)

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Although there are a couple obvious examples for teams that perhaps more closely linked to the Quebec City Citadelles, the team's biggest rival right now has to be the Newfoundland Berserkers. This is, ultimately, a rich-get-richer league, and the Berserkers have had a stranglehold on the SMJHL for years now. This naturally breeds antagonism, on and off the ice, but more than anything -- they're the team everyone is gunning for. Maybe there aren't many direct sources of animosity between the two teams, and perhaps Newfoundland has escaped the reputation woes that some other league franchises have earned, but whatever the case is: the team on top has to be your primary rival, or else you're doing something wrong. One of the more heated antagonisms to speak of is the intense, years-long hatred between the agencies of Tommy Thompson and that of Nina Tucker, run by the notorious villain known as @ByrdeMan. Theirs is a deep hatred running back to Season 25, believed to have been sparked when that agency signed a 21 million dollar contract and forced the league to restructure its contract rules.

Even without that slight personal annoyance, the urgency of toppling the Berserkers dynasty to prove the league is not, at the end of the day, all as predictable as some contend, should be the ultimate goal of every team, making Newfoundland the ultimate rival for every team.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 11:58 AM by Waters.)

Ohoho... The Kelowna Knights' biggest rival? There's only one option folks... Those slimy FUCKS in VANCOUVER! They STEAL our province. They SUCK at hockey, and then they dare compete with our rookie class in terms of points and success? I am SICK of the Vancouver whalers. Every time we play them, it's an easy 25-0 win, and they still piss me off. First off, I am sick of seeing B jobin in net. Jesus Christ, this guy sucks balls at hockey. 4 goals let in a game. And we're praising him. I could let in less than 4 goals easily without any preparation. It's sickening. After that? They got this Miroslav Ketil guy? He talks all this trash, and yet what is he doing. Nothing. Yeah, nothing. Honestly, more than anything else, I am mad that they didn't pick my friend Aleksandr Iskandrov #3 overall. He is simply the best, and nobody is recognizing his talent.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Hohoho...

A rival, you say? Hehehehehehehe....

Perhaps.... perchance even.... vancouver??

Yes.... hmmmmmm.....

Whales.... have you ever read Moby dick? Batman...

Captain Ahab... on the Pequod... chasing after a whale because the aforementioned whale bit off his leg... mich like how vancouver takes a bite out of our pizza pie (as they are in the same province as us [British Columbia])

It may seem to some as just a story about a hunt... but the underlying theme is the hubris of the matter.... ignoring mother nature.... much like how vancouver management fell to their hubris selecting someone else 3rd overall instead of me... or perhaps their hubris in taking B Jobin as their goaltender.... someone who let's in 4 goals a game....

Perhaps, much like Captain Ahab, vancouver management have let their desires for something go beyond just desire. Perhaps it's becoming something more... a desire for revenge even? Hohohoho.... perchance their desire for revenge will consume all those around them... as their souls slowly wilt away with each 25-0 loss to kelowna.

A knight means to have virtue, and to have virtue you must have behavior befitting high moral standards... and to have high moral standards you must detach yourselves from petty revenge and the like... this is the basis of our rivalry. We are better people....

[Image: izzy.PNG]

tommy westbrook but this time i upd always holds a grudge onto things that he does not like. and it is no different when it comes to simulation juniors hockey league relations. he was passed on the draft by the st louis scarecrows, and I do not think he will be forgetting about that for a long time coming. kelowna knights and the st louis have always had a historic rivalry, of course that happens naturally being in the same division after all. but this time for tommy westbrook but this time i upd, its personal. he hates the st louis scarecrows. so much. he always goes into those games with a little bit of an edge and anger that is honestly kind of scary to witness. Tommy westbrook but this time i upd will look to terrorize the scarecrows for years to come and ill be honest im a not looking forward to it. good luck st louis, you will need it .

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

PT Pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

This year, the detroit falcons are rivalries with the entire Wollker division.  Every single team is over .500 win percentage, and gunning for the top spot.  No other division has all teams over .500, in fact the Wollker Division is 39-26-3 as a whole unit.  Of the 3 other teams within our division, I would have to say Quebec is our number 1 rival, closest behind us in 2nd place.  

Quebec is a hard city to have fun in as well, if you dont speak french.  They do have excellent putt-putts and arcade bars, but the boys never seem to get their feeet moving in thsoe road games to quebec City.  Sophie Bordeleau is having a banner year leading in points total, while Justin Time is 9-2 with a .927 save percentage.  Somewhat jealous of their color scheme, its always tough to get up against Quebec City on the road!

[Image: unknown.png]
                               Sig Credit - @Azjha_59

Vancouver and Anchorage are one of the biggest rivalries from my previous time being in juniors. The two teams had several bouts in the STHS era in playoffs and could never avoid facing each other in the postseason. In FHM, they shared a division during their peak periods of dominance, at one stage the two teams were even 1st and 2nd in the league despite sharing a division. However, recently both teams are struggling following their lengthy compete windows, so the rivalry is not as fierce as it used to be. Another big rivalry for the team that really started while I was GM of anchorage was with the Quebec City Citadelles. The two teams played each other many times during my tenure as GM, and both teams won 4 star cups following victories over each other in consecutive seasons. When both teams are at their peak again I am sure it would make for more fun and exciting playoff series. (161 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

The Outlaws’ biggest rival in the league is likely the Carolina Kraken. This conclusion ties back to my days with the with the Kraken with my goaltender, Frans Eller, when we faced down the Outlaws in a highly contested Challenge Cup Finals. The Outlaws were a high octane offense, and the Kraken were a well-balanced scoring threat. It was a great contest, and ultimately, the Kraken went home victorious as Frans Eller captured his Four Star Cup, despite a rocky performance on the ice. Since those days, a lot has changed. The Kraken have enjoyed a relatively stable management team, and the Outlaws have gone through three GMs from Ace, to Talls, and now Fluw. It will be fascinating to see how these two teams stack up in the foreseeable future. Will the Kraken continue their gradual rise to contention? Will the Outlaws crawl out of the basement of ineptitude? Only time will tell.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

My personal idea on out biggest rival? Simple Detroit. Now you may ask oh why do you hate Detroit they are a cool team. Well with my rookie experience I would say I dislike the falcons because of the preseason. In the preseason our team had auto lines. However when Detroit beat us 7-1 or whatever (quite a blowout) they were saying they would rock the league and suck, even though it was a simple game, we played to many games in the preseason vs each other and I also haven’t scored on them. I haven’t even gotten a point. It’s like that team is cursed so only I don’t get a point vs them. It makes it almost impossible to like them. I also don’t like Anaheim but that’s because of the Anaheim ducks which I think are a very dirty team in general.

[Image: Don-Juan.png]
Don Juan S65 shl draftee, Tampa Bay Barracuda. Regina Elk send down.

While Regina hasn’t been in the league long enough to develop many deep seated rivalries, there are a few burgeoning. Since joining the SMJHL in S61, Regina has been in a division with one team each season prior to S64: the Colorado Raptors. That allows for a lot of games between these two franchises. That being said, like the early days of the Columbus Blue Jackets and their rivalry with the Detroit Red Wings, it’s largely been one sided. The Raptors have finished ahead of the expansion Elk each season. There also may be some resentment deeper down on Colorado’s side; Regina GM Justin Wingit got his start with the Raptors, before being hired away, while longtime team executive Johnny Hamilton also left the Raptors organization to take a job with the Baltimore Platoon. His newest client, M’Baku Olubori, is now a rookie with Regina.

Outside of Colorado, last year’s first round playoff matchup with the Anaheim Outlaws left a sour taste in players, coaches, and managers’ mouths. In their two playoff appearances in 4 years, the Elk have yet to win a single playoff game (again, like the early Columbus Blue Jackets), getting swept in the 1st round by Kelowna in S61 and Anaheim in S63. Last season’s frustrations are bearing fruit; through three meetings this season, Regina is 3-0 versus Anaheim, outscoring them 16-9. If they have another playoff matchup, Regina-Anaheim could grow into one of the hotter rivalries in the J.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

It is tough to say which team the Colorado Raptors has the biggest rivalry with in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. There is an argument to be made that it may the St. Louis Scarecrows or the Detroit Falcons because historically they have been teams that they didn't like. As for the current front this season it could be argued that it is the Newfoundland Berserkers, seeing as the Berserkers and the Raptors and 1 and 2 in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League standings this season currently. Both teams have performed very well this season, but in my humble opinion the Raptors are the much cooler team and the rookies are definitely way cooler than that of the Berserkers. It could also be argued that every team in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League because they are far and away the best team in the league every season. Overall the team I hate the most is the Scarecrows because they are dumb and I don't like them.
(171 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)