Create Account

S64 SMJHL PT#3 - Rivalry Week

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

My team's biggest rival is Newfoundland.  Mostly because they're my former team.  They could have easily traded up to first overall to pick me in the spot I deserve to go in.  I've won world championships and win season titles consistently.  I'm not even retired and considered a legend of the sport by all.  My personal beefs aside Newfoundland has held the championship trophy hostage for 2 seasons now.   It's a nice trophy and deserves better than Newfoundland.  They're also pretty close to Quebec City geographically which makes them a natural rival.  We've had numerous playoff run ins in the past.  The results of those series have turned out fairly even thus far.  With Faker on the team Quebec City is poised to never lose again.  Newfoundland has been by far the best team in the Junior league for seasons now.  Breaking record and rebreaking their own records.  Quebec City wants to take that mantle.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

The obvious one here for Detroit is the St. Louis Cardinals. Detroit and St Louis have a deep history of rivalry well before I was in the league. There was a lot of STHS beef, some GM beef, and then a long period where both teams were solid in the late S40s and early S50s. There was a lot of built up tension between teams as well, with regular on site barbs, and a general sentiment that carried on through our careers. The other one that a lot of teams probably have is the bezerkers. When the legendary S53 Falcons class was around, the other powerhouse in the league (or one of them) was Newfoundland, as they have built up quite the dynasty. It helped that NFL had probably the second best S53 class. Detroit and Newfoundland met in the playoffs at least once, and were key in the dissapointing S54 season that Detroit had. In seasons since, Detroit has maintained smaller rivalries with CAR and to some extend KEL, but nothing as major as the STL one.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

let me tell you something guys when it comes to the biggest rival for the vancouver whalers and their goaltender named B Jobin look no further than the silly little green team also in British Columbia called the Kelowna Knights holy moley do we hate these guys so damn much it's honestly probably something we have to unpack in therapy if I'm frank. They have the regional rivalry from playing in the same province which feeds into the rivalry because its like what is the best team from british columbia who knows lets see these guys play and find out, its very intense. There's also a personal rivalry for me because, and you might wanna sit down for this, i used to play for kelowna many moons ago, thats actually where my first player played if im honest. Also i hate waters, gooney and aleks and they both play there so it makes me hate them more because we have to beat them to fulfill my hatred of them.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

The St. Louis scarecrow's biggest rivals in that SMJHL is the Detroit Falcons. I say it’s the Detroit Red Wings because St. Louis Rams have always had a hatred for Detroit teams, especially as in the NHL, the St. Louis Blues and Detroit Red Wings have a very deep-rooted hatred for each other. Their rivalry dates far back into the years. And as a player that Detroit had a chance to sign and they didn't, they are already on my wrong side, and when we play them, I’m always looking to cause havoc. This season we have played Detroit twice, with the first game resulting in a four to one loss to them and the second game we won one to zero, so overall, the season series is tied at one to one. We still have three games left to play against each other and we will be looking to win those to get the bragging rights over our rivals.

WSBL PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Vancouver Newfoundland Detroit Regina and Nevada.  these are the teams that did not speak to my player or me while I was going through the free agency process after the draft for  season 64 These are the teams that I'm going to consider my biggest Rivals at this point because they didn't even have the respect to come and talk to me everyone else talk to me and they all make compelling offers there is even an offer that I almost took because they were going to pay me more than what Quebec  was willing to offer me but I want to go back to Quebec because I wasn't able to win a championship with my last player with them and I want to do it with this player,  now of these five teams that didn't talk to me three of them are below us in the standings one of us has the same amount of points as us which is Detroit and Newfoundland is on top and so I can't even blame them for not wanting my player cuz I probably only bring them down however it appears I have dodged a bullet because Vancouver is trash what from here on out I am going to put a Hunter Havok  curse on all the teams that didn't talk to me  and I hope that you all lose because you didn't talk to me.

Code:
234 words

The Colorado Raptors’ biggest rival has to be the Anaheim Outlaws. The Raptors and Outlaw used to be in the same division which saw many great battles on the ice and in the standings. The management of both teams also butted heads. I am still new to the team so I don’t really see the big rivalry yet but I am sure I will see more chirping closer to the end of the season. Personally I haven’t gotten to know many of the teams yet but based on branding I would say the Anaheim Outlaw are also my personal rivals. Their logo looks more like a gamer logo and less like a hockey team logo. Anaheim as far as I am aware was not a huge part of the Wild West history but I haven’t bushed up on my Wild West history so who knows. All I know is Anaheim is a bottom tier city and not one you think of when you think of the west.

(170 words)

WSBL PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Rivalries are what makes sports great and exciting to watch. The bigger the rivalry the more excitement that comes with the games, and the more excitement means the larger the following for the teams around the world. Iam Downski is still very much new to the SMjHL and his knowledge of the league and it's teams is still very limited; however, before he left for the United State to join Maine, Downski did follow one player particularly closely. That player was Maverick Seabrook and Downski made it a habit to follow the Timber winger whenever he could and because of this Downski dreamed of playing for the Timber as well, and just like Maverick shares his own personal rivalry against Carolina. Carolina was a team who passed over Maverick in the draft and even though Downski does not have any personal animosity against the Kraken, he shares Maverick's desire to beat them. So this season Downski has circled every match up against Carolina on the calendar to make sure that he scores some big goals in those games.

(178 words)

[Image: Oa8OpwNyDg-K2JwGMV_wCV9Yt4_2wZc5y5QPLUXn...authuser=0]

Honestly, I'm not all that familiar with who Anaheim's rivals are. All I know is in the future, everyone is going to hate us because we are going to be so good. We've got the young talent to take on the entire SMJHL and if I have anything to say about it, we're going to play with an edge. I'm definitely going to be throwing some big hits and taking names as the seasons go on. I have a feeling every team is going to be looking forward to Tanner Aittokallio graduating to the SHL because injuries per capita will go way down. I think the first team we should try and annoy is Newfoundland. They've been riding high for too long. It's time to take them down a few pegs. All I'm saying is watch out for your knees the next time we play. Other than them, anyone close to us geographically. Might even take out a few LA panthers while I'm at it.

[174 words]

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

[Image: Kb1zqmw.png]

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

I believe the biggest rival in the past few years of the Anchorage Armada are the Newfoundland Berserkers. I could be wrong, but a rivalry should be brewing when a team loses to another team for three consecutive playoff years. That includes twice in the finals and getting swept two times. Now when we’ll face them again with our new guys, we have to beat them. The Anchorage are clearly the ‘cooler’ team, both literally and figuratively. Let’s get it on and beat them, and shouldn’t be too hard when we’re ready. We don’t have a dirty team because we don’t need it. SO bring it on to every Simulation Major Junior Hockey League team who think we’re not good enough to beat you in the upcoming seasons, especially the Berserkers. Maybe we’re not very good this year, but we will be in the near future.

Quebec's biggest rival in the league is probably the Newfoundland Berserkers. They're constantly a thorn in the side of the Citadelles' ambitions to win a Four Star Cup and are consistently a very good team. Quebec has only scored two goals against them in three games, and they have seemingly endless depth on offense and defense where it's hard to find a hole to break through and score some goals. Beyond their talent, they're way out on an island and it takes a really long time to get the transportation there. Not to mention it's always really cold in St. John's. Finally, Quebec City just has better poutine - chips, dressing and gravy is the inferior substitute. Also there was something about a bunch of playoff games a while back but Sophie wasn't around for those so I'm not familiar. Going out to Newfoundland to play a good team on the edge of North America, in bad weather where it's always foggy, and the food isn't as good is a chore these days.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The beef between Billy Blazes and Miroslav Ketil started many moons ago. Back when they were both 15 at the European hockey championship, Billy was leading the Dutch team with their gritty, hard nosed style of play, whereas Miroslav was taking charge of team Czechia with a good 2 way game with some dazzling offensive skills.

The Czechs and the Dutch were facing off in a quarter final match, and from puck drop it was a battle. Czechia went up to an early lead off a slick pass from Miroslav, but the Netherlands battled back and tied it up late to make the score even going into the second.

A couple minutes into the second period, Billy was on the forecheck but was rocked with a devastating hit behind the net. This infuriated the young Billy so he immediately challenged the Czech defender to a fight, however he refused so Billy was ejected from the game.

Without their leading scorer the Dutch were easily trounced by the Czechs 4-1 and went on to win the tournament.

In a post game interview Miroslav was asked about the fight and responded "there was zero chance I was gonna drop the gloves with that plug"

After this game both players would take runs at each other any time they faced off. Unfortunately for the Dutch faithful they failed to get past the Irish in the semis, and once again the Czechs took home the crown.

This perpetual little brother syndrome continued for Billy, when Miroslav was selected third overall by the Vancouver Whalers, whereas Billy was drafted 62nd overall by the Anaheim Outlaws.

All Billy knew was he was gonna rock 11 when ever he saw it, and as division rivals he'll be seeing it a bunch.