Create Account

S64 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

Billy Blazes is a big classic rock guy. Whenever he gets dished the aux he always throws on the moldy oldies. Some of the other guys play rap or some pop music but Billy always stays loyal to the classics.

Kickstart my heart- Motley Crue

A classic locker room pump up song. The opening guitar riff always gets the boys going and makes them feel like they can run through a brick wall.

Highway Star - Deep Purple

Another classic from the Rockband soundtrack. This song goes way too hard and always energizes the room.

No one like you - the Scorpions

A banger from this German rock band. Klaus Meine's vocals never fail to get the boys ready for battle.

We're not gonna take it - Twisted Sister

The hit song from hair metal band Twisted Sister is a rock classic. Dee Snider's fronting this group shot them into the public eye.

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses

Probably one of the most well known rock songs out there. Slash on the guitar will forever be iconic and forever pump up the boys

If I had to come together with five songs for a team playlist, they would be the following:

1. Secrets - Tiesto

The song has a great beat and honestly EDM style music is what I prefer to have going when I’m warming up or working on something intensely.

2. Without Me - Eminem

Just a song I hear a lot, and I have it practically memorized. Puts you in the “confidence and swagger” mindset, and a team isn’t anything if they have no confident skating out onto the ice.

3. Just anything by Ghost

Not necessarily “warm up” vibes, but it’s just dark rock, and it’s just a mood to go along with. The guitar chords get stuck in your head really easily, and it’s completely worth it.

4. Humble - Kendrick Lamar (Skrillex edition)

Literally played at every single hockey arena, (at least the ones I’ve gone to) and it’s got that EDM style once again which I like for pre-game vibes.

5. The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

Because this is an ICONIC song.

If i had to come up with 5 songs for my teams pre game playlist it would be the following

1. I would put eye of the tiger, because the drums are just banging, and just the signing, everything just hits just right

2. next i would put some led zepplin, maybe Immigrant song because it just pumps you up, gets the room going, bobbing their heads

3. Then I would put Mo Bamba because you have to have a different genre sometimes, and it gets you there

4. I would then put probably a kayne song, because kayne is a classic. You put any song on and the room gets with it

5. Finally, i would put Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses, because it is the finally, gets you going before you get out of the locker room. You then get out on the ice to then see the crowd and get pumped

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 12:35 PM by Ace.)

Ah, yes. My soundtrack that I have provided for the Outlaws of Anaheim! Let me see. I have it all written down right here… These sonds are played arbitrarily throughout the game. My personal favorite is “Welcome to Duloc”.

All Star
Written by Greg Camp
Performed by Smash Mouth

Meditation
Written by Antonio Carlos Jobim, Norman Gimbel and Newton Mendonca
Performed by Antonio Carlos Jobim

On the Road Again
Written by Willie Nelson
Performed by Eddie Murphy

Welcome to Duloc
Music by Mike Himelstein
Lyrics by Eric Darnell

Friends
Written by Mark Klingman and Buzzy Linhart

Bad Reputation
Written by Joan Jett, Kenny Laguna, Ritchie Cordell and Marty Kupersmith
Performed by Joan Jett

Whipped Cream
Written by Allen Toussaint
Performed by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

I'm on My Way
Written by Charlie Reid and Craig Reid
Performed by The Proclaimers

Escape (The Piña Colada Song)
Written and Performed by Rupert Holmes
Courtesy of MCA Records

Merry Men
Written by Kirby Tepper, Andrew Adamson and Conrad Vernon
Performed by Vincent Cassel

Staying Alive
Written by Barry Gibb, Maurice Gibb and Robin Gibb
Performed by John Lithgow

My Beloved Monster
Written by Mark Oliver Everett (as E)
Performed by Eels (as eels)

Stay Home
Written by Matt Mahaffey
Performed by Self

Produced and Mixed by Eric Valetine
You Belong to Me
Written by Pee Wee King, Redd Stewart and Chilton Price
Performed by Jason Wade

Best Years Of Our Lives
Written by David Jaymes and Geoff Deane (as Geoffrey Deane)
Performed by Baha Men
Courtesy of S-Curve Records
Produced by Michael Mangini and Steve Greenberg

Hallelujah
Written by Leonard Cohen
Performed by John Cale

Like Wow!
Written by Jimmy Harry and Sandra St. Victor
Performed by Leslie Carter

Try a Little Tenderness
Written by Harry M. Woods (as Harry Woods), Jimmy Campbell and Reginald Connelly (as Reg Connelly)

It Is You (I Have Loved)
Music by Harry Gregson-Williams, John Powell, and Gavin Greenaway
Lyrics by Dana Glover
Performed by Dana Glover
Produced by Gavin Greenaway and Harry Gregson-Williams

I'm a Believer
Words and Music by Neil Diamond
Performed by Smash Mouth
Courtesy of Interscope Records
Produced and Mixed by Eric Valetine
Additional Vocals by Eddie Murphy

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Newfoundland has an eclectic taste in music, so this isn't really a hype list but more of an amalgamation of what is Newfoundland.

1. Come From Away - Come From Away - This is the title song in the musical about Newfoundland, yes it is about the town of Gander and not St. Johns, but it is a good indication about what it is to be an Islander and to come from away. If you know, you know.

2. Leave Her Johnny - We are a sea faring community, so who doesn't want to listen to some epic sea shanties.

3. Song of the Vikings - If you look at our logo for a minute, you would know we are influenced by the Vikings, so this song is a tribute to that.

4. A Drop of Nelsons Blood - We will roll the old Chariot along and we all hang on behind... A night wouldnt do us any harm.

5. The Wreck of the Edmund Fiztgerald - Keeping the ship theme in line, this just fits well for us.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

1. family ties

yeah this song is a consant hit on the rotation because people on the team like song. more people like it equals more time being played because people want to hear what people want to hear.

2. fair trade

wow does this song ever get me turned up. does anyone hear papi outside? yeah me too because i listen to this song in the lockoer room a lot.

3. zeze

ice water turned atlantic. hey sash can you turn it up? yeah baby this song is the one to put on before the game because it gets you flowing.

4. levitatin (not dababy version)

oh yeeeeeah. this song we play a lot because it has fun base line that we all like to get in a circle and clap to.

5. codeine crazy

this song makes me mood out and get ready to play hockey. you gotta have the right mindset to play hockey and this song is the one that sets me up for it.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Each of the team members have their own playlist for the team, but when it is my turn in the rotation to hold the aux, I have a good choice of five songs that go into it. Those songs are listed as followed. First, is Sunflower by Post Malone, featuring Swae Lee. That is one of my personal favorite songs and it is a vibe all the time. Second is another vibe being Santeria by Sublime. Such a chill song that everyone can hang out to while it is playing in the locker room. Third in the list has got to be Familyu Ties by Baby Keem and Kendrick Lamar. This song goes so hard that everyone can get locked in listening to this song. Next, I have to go with a newly released song that I myself have been hooked on. That song is "First Class" by Jack Harlow that uses a Fergie sample.... so good. Lastly, because you have to have the most boppiest song in any playlist for the team, and that song is Olivia Rodrigo's "Good For You". SUCH A BOP!!!

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]

1. Who Let the Dogs Out - Baha Men

Everyone's favourite 90s song. This banger will have the boys pumped, but also mentally ready because they will start wondering "who did let the dogs out?"

2. Never Going to Give you Up - Rick Astley

We need to remember that we're never going to give up, we're never going to let each other down. We're never gonna run around and hurt each other. We aren't just like any other guys and we're fully committed.

3. Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus

You know, we've had two pretty serious songs so far. Need to remind ourselves to get loose and we still know how to have fun.

4. 1000 Miles - Vanessa Carlton

That piano solo gets all the boys going. We're going to making our way down town. Walking fast with faces pass because we're home bound (in the playoffs with the top-seed).

5. The Time is Now - John Cena and Tha Trademarc

Krrrr, Amadou! (apparently that's what they say) They won't be able to see us and our time is now!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

"Believe" by Cher
"No Scrubs" by TLC
"Heartbreak Hotel" by Whitney Houston
Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears
"Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer

After Anaheim Outlaws have commissioned custom airpods for the entire group all linked to the same ipod our coach keeps in his pocket, our DJ only plays these 5 songs on repeat to get into the heads of our opponets, eventually our goal song just becomes the 5 songs mashed up into one all played at the same time on 2x speed, this becomes our chelsea dagger and teams fear listening to it 1 to 2 times per home game (just kidding we're actually unstoppable right now and all we do is win)

Each song holds zero significance while being just well known enough to be stuck in your head for the remainder of the game. It's called strategy and it's being executed perfectly.

tryna make a change

The first song that sets the tone for Rocky before every game is the song Vahalla calling me. Its a viking song basically talking about giving it your all in battle and be rewarded for it. Following that would be Eye of the Tiger, This classic is very true to his name. Going the distance and not backing down during a fight or hockey game that requires a lot of physicality , this song truly gives Rocky his eye of a tiger. The third song in his playlist is the song Awake and alive from skillet. A little hardcore rock and roll with a christian message does the trick with Rocky when its time to call in the reserves when he feels like he is up against the ropes. Rocky's faith is what keeps him going and this song makes he faith unshaken in the heat of a tough game. The last two songs are hero from skillet and monster from the same band that basically have the same energy boosting that Rocky needs to get focused on the game at hand.

I would have to say my pre-game playlist would have to be the following:

1.Turn Down for What (DJ Snake, Lil Jon)

dj snake and lil jon, what else could yous ay. This will get the locker room going.

2.Started from the Bottom (Drake)

You gotta have drake on this play track. Hes a must on any playlist.

3.Lose Yourself (Eminem)

Probably one of the best pump songs, it was played at the super bowl for a reason.

4.Till I Collapse – feat. Nate Dogg (Eminem)

Another Eminem song, wow, him and nate dogg on this track, they got nuts.

5.The Buzz – feat. Mataya & Young Tapz (Hermitude)

This will get the team buzzing and ready for game time and make sure we will go out and try our best to win the hockey game in the smjhl

i think this is a solid playlist to get the team going for a hockey game

[Image: hallsy.png]

Carolina continues to be a team that goes above and beyond in terms of team chemistry, and the pre-game playlist is a topic that many teams have trouble agreeing on. The Kraken have taken a different approach to the pregame playlist this season, as a different player plays their playlist before each game. We got a chance to ask one of the Kraken rookies, Aleksi Kettu, for his pregame playlist and his reasonings for each song.

1. U Don't Know - Alison Wonderland (Slander Remix)
Aleksi Kettu: "I always like to start out my playlists with a song with a somewhat slow start, and this fit the bill perfectly the second I heard it. Starts a little slow but once it hits it gets everyone going. Everyone seems to lock in once this song comes on. Just like with games, how you start is important, and I've found this is as good of a start to a playlist as you can get."

2. Run - Alison Wonderland
AK: "I had Spotify Radio playing during one of my off-ice workouts earlier this season and this song came on. I ended up adding it to my personal pregame playlist before I ended up netting my first SMJHL goal, and it's been on the playlist ever since."

3. Enough - Flume ft. Pusha T
AK: "This is another one that's been on practically every playlist I've ever had. This song dropped while I was on a snowboarding trip and we had it on repeat all week. I know every word to this song and if you happen to come in on a day where my list is on pregame, you'll probably see me embarrassing myself over at my locker rapping along to this, as well as with Ballin."

4. Ballin - Logic ft. Castro
AK: "Just like with Enough, you can catch me embarrassing myself at my locker rapping this if I'm still putting equipment on. The guys started out laughing at me but over the course of the few times my playlist has been on I've noticed a few guys starting to jam to this one too. I'm personally not as much of a Logic fan as I used to be and this song may soon be on the chopping block, but for now it's still enough of a pump up song that it's staying on the list."

5. Back Again - Flosstradamus
AK: "This has been on my playlist practically since it came out when I was in middle school. I've been throwing down to this song for a while now and it honestly never gets old. Also, every time before a game it's like 'We're back b******' - sorry, can I say that? - and I personally come out of the gate a little hotter after I hear this one. Like I said earlier, how you start is important, but to add to that, its how you end that really matters, and with this one fading out as we hit the ice, this one lets us all know it's game time."

Surely some interesting choices from the Kraken rookie, but it's good to see Carolina taking a different approach to the pregame music than some other teams seem to be taking. It might explain why the underlying stats look so good for the Kraken, and surely the results should soon follow as the season is hitting its final stretch.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

1. The Lumberjack Song - Monty Python 
This is obvious, because the team has to get in the right state of mind before every match. As the Timber we have to make sure we remember who we are while also cutting loose and having some not so serious tunes.
2. Lumberjack - Johnny Cash
It's impossible to listen to Johnny Cash without feeling super cool afterward, and once again Johnny has this awesome gym to remind us of who we are as awesome Timber players.
3. Song For The Trees - Sounds Like Reign 
Dialing back the coolness factor just a bit, this song is one of the last things played in the Locker Room because it is entirely uplifting and helps put the players in a calm state of mind like a solid tree planted firmly in the ground.
4. Bad Habits - Ed Sheeren
Have to keep up with the pop hits so Iam Downski keeps some Ed Sheeren around to make sure everyone knows he is up to date on his current music.
5. Driver's License - Olivia Rodrigo
After having just moved to the US Iam Downski has also just received his Driver's License so he shares a bit of excitement about this, however he did not realize when he bought this song that it was kinda sad.... He still listen's to it quietly by himself though.

(226 words)

[Image: Oa8OpwNyDg-K2JwGMV_wCV9Yt4_2wZc5y5QPLUXn...authuser=0]

Capy Bara and the whalers listen to this 5 song during the day.

1. After Party - Don Toliver
This is my favorite song. We always will listen to this before our match. I will sometimes listen to it for the whole day on repeat. I am really happy the team enjoy it.

2. Euphoria - Don Toliver
The music and the song is so perfect. The vocal is so smooth and sweet it feels so good to listen to this song. It help us stay calm and focus before the game.

5. Face Off - Tech N9ne
This song gets us hype. We listen to this when we are training. I really like Dwayne The Rock verse.

4. It Was A Good Day - Ice Cube
This song always makes my day. You want to listen to this song when you wake up.

5. No Idea - Don Toliver
We listen to this a lot after our game.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

So I’m new to the team and the locker room but when I got my first goal the team let me pick the next games locker room tunes so I picked

1. “Born with horns” by machine gun Kelly - great into track, love the drums, the bass and it just got so much energy to kick into the grime of the next song

2. “loco” by Machine Gun Kelly - a banger of a beat, the song is grimey and I love the energy

3. “Wild Boy” by Machine Gun Kelly - another banger from the Kells this one will rumble the room

4. “roll the windows up” by MGK of course this is my personal anthem and I will have it played at my funeral as well

5. “invincible” by MGK - why not make it 5 for 5 from my favorite artist. This one was good enough for John Cena, good enough for Armada

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]