Create Account

Brick's Weekly Pack Pulling - Week 2

Another week has gone by, and another week of cards has been collected. This week was a particularly busy one for me, IRL, so I will be opening all 21 packs in one sitting, as opposed to daily like last week.

Before opening any new packs, through 21 packs, I’ve opened:
0 HOF
2 Diamond
2 Ruby
4 Team logos
16 Gold
42 silver
60 bronze

Let’s hope those top numbers go up!

Pack 22:
Starting hot with a Gold, 84 overall Puddles O’Duck! A bronze follows, then a silver, Adam Kylrad, then another silver, with a fantastic render, Thor Odinson. Another Gold after, the second 84 overall of the pack, Josef Kubinec. Finally, another silver, Joseph Lombardi. Two Golds and three silvers, not a bad pack. (2 G, 3s, 1b)

Pack 23:
Keeping the “not bronze” streak going, with a silver in Aleksandrs Balcers. Another silver follows suit, my former Great Falls teammate, Sekai Wollker! Silver streaking, it seems, as we pull another Joseph Lombardi. Streak ends with two bronze pulls, but the pack ends with a Gold! 83 overall Ben Waters! Another decent pack, only two bronzes! (1 G, 3s, 2b)

Pack 24:
The “not bronze” streak to start packs keep rolling, pulling a silver in Ti-Guy Emond. After a bronze pull, we get another silver, Donnie Dicks, followed by fellow silver Blabar Bananerstrom, as well as silver Mack Daddy. And a bronze to end the pack. Not a great pack but can’t be too bummed with a majority of the cards NOT being bronze. (4s, 2b)
Pack 25:
Still streaking! First card is a silver, Jordan Von Matt. Two bronze pulls, and then another silver with Atlas Rush. The second duplicate silver of the day, Sekai Wollker. And finally, a bronze in Ricky Bobby to end the pack. Not liking the trend of these packs… (3s, 3b)

Pack 26:
Still. Streaking! A Gold to start this pack, 82 overall Piotr Horvat. And a second Gold, 83 overall and on my fantasy team, Pablo Salvatici! A silver up next, Rick James (bitch). And another silver, Guy LeGrande. A third silver, what a steak, Zak Wilson, my current teammate in MTL! And finally, another Gold to end the pack! Wow, 0 bronze cards! 84 overall Gunnar Soderberg! Now that’s a great pack. (3G, 3s)

Pack 27:
AND THE STREAK CONTINUES IN A GREAT WAY, A RUBY! Only my 3rd Ruby, it’s 85 overall Parker Smeb. Next, a silver in Adrian Ayers, and another silver in Nickolaus Klaus. Luck has finally run out with a bronze pull at 4 and 5, but we end with a team pull! Although it’s a duplicate in the San Francisco Pride. Can never be disappointed in a pack that has a Ruby! (1R, 1T, 2s, 2b)

Pack 28:
No bronze allowed to start packs, today. A silver in Al Kayhall. A bronze is pulled next, then another Gold! 83 overall Jonathan Granstrom. A bronze at the 4th pull, and then the 2nd Gold of the pack, 82 overall Herb Robert. Pack ends with a bronze. Not bad. (2G, 1s, 3b)

Pack 29:
The streak has finally died (probably jinxed it last pull.) But hey, a Gold with the second pull, 83 overall Luffy Richard. Three bronze pulls follow, and then a second Gold to end the pack! 80 overall Chippy Chiclets. Seems like Gold is the rarity of the day! (2G, 4b)

Pack 30:
Oh no, hopefully we’re not starting a bronze-opening streak. Card two is a Gold, but a duplicate in Jonathan Granstrom. Three hyphenated bronze names follow, and an unhyphenated bronze to end it. Dud pack. (1G, 5b)

Pack 31:
If a pack is going to open with a bronze, a Team card is the best-case scenario! Season 1 Winnipeg Jets! A silver duplicate in Igor Petrov follows, then a Gold duplicate in (clean) Andrei Kostitsyn. A bronze up next, and then A DIAMOND! 89 overall Emilia Bergman! What a pull! And then a silver Ty Murphy to end the pack. Easy to gloss over the dupes when you pull a Diamond! (1D, 1T, 1G, 2s, 1b)

Pack 32:
Starting off with a silver, Kenny Creller. Skipping over three bronze pulls (Johnny Sins has a disturbing render), next is another silver, Samee Iqbal, and a third silver, Maxwell Carrigan. Another dud pack. (3s, 3b)

Pack 33:
Déjà vu? A silver streak again to start? Robert Black. A bronze pull at #3, followed by a Gold, 84 overall Rotticus Scott (enjoy retirement!). A bronze follows, and then another Gold, 82 overall Luc Blouin! A silver to end the pack, Tomas Lind. Not a bad pack. (2G, 2s, 2b)

Pack 34:
Apparently the not-bronze streak has return. Starting off with a silver, Brock Nuck, and another in Adrian Ayers. And that’s it for the pack, as the next four are bronze. Worst pack of the day (hopefully). (2s, 4b)

Pack 35:
Gotta stop jinxing myself. Streak dead, again. And boy, does this pack suck (again, gotta stop jinxing myself). Four bronze to start, followed by a Team logo! Season 4 Hamilton Steelhawks! And then another bronze. Not gonna say much, I am not looking for more jinxing. (1T, 5b)

Pack 36:
A Gold to start the pack, 83 overall Jeff Brogen. A bronze next, and then a silver with the cutest render, Gordie Boomhover. Two more bronzes follow, and then a silver dupe in Nickolaus Klaus. Man, really hoping I didn’t blow all my luck with the Ruby and Diamond and string of Golds earlier. (1G, 1s, 4b)

Pack 37:
Another pack, another Gold! 80 overall Sven Karlsson. Next, a silver dupe in Rick James (bitch). AND THEN ANOTHER DIAMOND! WOO! 89 overall Karlstrasse Scholz. Reverse jinx? Next, a Gold in 84 overall Nat Emerson. AND THEN A RUBY! WHAT IS HAPPENING?! 87 overall Lil’ Manius. And then a silver to end the pack, Eddy Ask Jr. The second no-bronze pack of the day, and what a pack it was! (1D, 1R, 2G, 2s)

Pack 38:
A silver to start the pack, although you would think it would be gold, since it’s Golden Face. Skipping over a bronze, we get a different Karlsson, 82 overall Daniel Karlsson. Next, a Team logo! Season 60 Philadelphia Forge (terrible logo). A silver follows, Adam Taylor, and then a bronze to finish up. A meh pack overall. (1T, 1G, 2s, 2b)

Pack 39:
Déjà vu, but shitty this time. Adam Taylor again. A bronze next followed by a silver in Jean-Locke Zidane. Three bronze (at least two dupes) follow to end the pack. This might be the worst pack of the day, it’s close. (2s, 4b)

Pack 40:
STARTING OFF HOT, ANOTHER DIAMOND! 88 overall Esa Parmborg. What a pull! Next is fellow Dragon, silver Bernik Vrzala. A Team logo follows, unfortunately, it’s a dupe in Season 1 Winnipeg Jets. Two more bronzes get pulled, and then a Gold to end the pack, 83 overall Bobby Sharp! Three Diamonds on the day, wow! (1D, 1T, 1G, 1s, 2b)

Pack 41:
Penultimate pack. Still lucking for a HOF card. But maybe that’s pushing my luck. A bronze to start seems to indicate that. BUT THEN ANOTHER RUBY! The third Ruby pull of the day, 85 overall Chris York. Amazing! Next is a Gold, 82 overall Anton Mihailov. A bronze follows, AND A FOURTH RUBY! THE SECOND OF THE PACK, OH MY! 85 overall Gary Grease. And then a second Gold, 84 overall Devin Basher. Two more Rubies, what a pack! What will the final pack provide? (2R, 2G, 2b)

Pack 42:
A bronze to start the pack, and then a second, and then a third. A Gold ends the streak, although it’s a dupe in Bobby Sharp. AND THEN A DIAMOND! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 88 overall Kaarlo Kekkonen! I cannot believe this string of packs. And the final card of the week is…ANOTHER DIAMOND. BACK-TO-BACK! THIS IS INSANE. 90 overall Geezus Krysst. I can’t believe this is the best pack of the day, especially after the last two packs. Absolute insanity. (2D, 1G, 3b)

I was really hoping for a HOF card from this week’s pack collection, but FIVE Diamonds and FOUR Rubies is a pretty solid consolation prize. It was pretty fun opening all the packs in one sitting, although I did miss opening a few packs every night. I’ll probably end up doing the mass opening again next weekend (possibly one opening Saturday and then a quick one on Easter Sunday). Or maybe I’ll look to join one of them fancy pack opening podcasts. Not sure if people will hate my voice as much as I do…we shall see. If you bothered to read this far, thank you! Feel free to comment on any advice or criticism on the series. Happy hunting!

This week’s haul:
0 HOF
5 Diamond
4 Ruby
5 Team logos
22 Gold
36 silver
54 bronze

Overall collection: (42 packs)
0 HOF
7 Diamond
6 Ruby