Create Account

S64 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee is the most coveted individual award in the juniors league. Who is on track to win it this season?

Written Task: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a graphic comparing the top 3 MVP contenders. Must include team logos and renders.

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S64 SMJHL Rookies (S65 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or ISFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday, April 17th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

PT Pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

On my mind right now, I have to MVPs. This season's MVP, in my opinion, has to be Sconnie McHits from the Detroit Falcons. Even if I'm not a fan of the Falcons (sorry) because of the lil rivalry with the Elk, I cannot pass on this incredible season from McHits. He's putting incredible numbers while averaging more than a point per game and Detroit's having a great season so far as they are 4th in the league. As I'm writing this PT, McHits's leading the league in terms of goals with 37 and that's very impressive. He will sure be able to reach the 40 goals easily while being in the top-10 for the shot percentage. He's also the top scorer in the league with an impressive 66 points. He's clearly the main piece of Detroit's success this season.

If someone can steal this season MVP trophy to McHits, it has to be Shoyo Hinata. They have an incredible season too as they are top-2 in the league in terms of goals, top-1 in terms of Power Play goals and top-2 in terms of points. If Hinata continues to claim points like that, they will certainly not help the SMJHL Awards committee.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Well if we are going to discuss the MVP award, I believe right away I cannot pick a player from the Berserkers, as their team is too stacked top to bottom to really pick out one single player that provides irreplaceable value to the team. That being said, in my eyes that barely factors in anyway, because one player has really been above and beyond in production this season for their team, and it's someone I expect a lot of people will say for this PT: Sconnie McHits from Detroit. McHits currently leads the goal scoring race by 5 goals, and the points race by two, and he's by far the standout player of his team. Mrs. Mcsaves is the closest player to him, and he is still 14 points clear of his linemate. With him also leading the league in even strength points, he deserves MVP for leading Detroit to a ridiculously improved season compared to their last season where they were third last. (167 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

For this PT here I am going to say that there is only one player in the running for the  Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee this season: Pass Forfeit from the Carolina Kraken.

Now you might be asking: "But Mr. BASE PACK.... Pass Forfeit only has 17 points this season how can he be the MVP?"

And to that I say you obviously didn't notice that Mr. Forfeit is a DEFENSEMAN so of course he doesn't have the point totals of some of the other players that will no doubt get talked about in this thread here.  While the Carolina Kraken are the best SMJHL franchise we are having a bit of a rough season so we are not giving Pass Forfeit much support when he is out there trying to win games for us.  He still is playing over 20 minutes a night for us and almost has a CF% relative of 4 in relation to the rest of the team so he really is pulling his weight when he is on the ice.  I don't even know where we would be without him on our team so it is easy for me to say Pass Forfeit is my MVP nod.

@esilverm

208 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

PT Pass 

S64 MVP

It's been a fairly consistent trend throughout SHL history that the most successful offensive players tend to be the ones who get the most mentions as far as the MVP race goes. While I would love to add something new, I think that in this case, that might just need to be the metric we go with again. Everyone knows that the Newfoundland Berserkers are an unshakable force at the top of the league right now, and so their top scorer in Alexander Mackenzie has to be in the conversation. His 32 goals and 32 assists put him second in overall production, an impressive number. A dark horse candidate might be Adam Rage, whose fantastic performances as the 1A goaltender for the Timber have all but kept that team alive, especially compared to the much weaker performance of the team in front of the 1B goaltender.

However, the award likely has to go to Sonnie McHits. Not only is she leading the league in goals with 37 on the season, and narrowly edging out Mackenzie in points, but she is arguably much more important to her team's overall goal production than Mackenzie is to his. In all, she has scored nearly 18% of Detroit's goals compared to just 13% for Mackenzie. While neither player is playing on a poor team, the Berserkers are so stacked at this point that it's hard to fully credit one player with that. However, McHits is undoubtedly one of the key building blocks for her team's success, in a way that befits the MVP trophy.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

On my mind right now, I have two MVPs. This season's MVP, in my opinion, has to be Sconnie McHits from the Detroit Falcons. Even if I'm not a fan of the Falcons (sorry) because of the lil rivalry with the Elk, I cannot pass on this incredible season from McHits. He's putting incredible numbers while averaging more than a point per game and Detroit's having a great season so far as they are 4th in the league. As I'm writing this PT, McHits's leading the league in terms of goals with 37 and that's very impressive. He will sure be able to reach the 40 goals easily while being in the top-10 for the shot percentage. He's also the top scorer in the league with an impressive 66 points. He's clearly the main piece of Detroit's success this season.

If someone can steal this season MVP trophy to McHits, it has to be Shoyo Hinata. They have an incredible season too as they are top-2 in the league in terms of goals, top-1 in terms of Power Play goals and top-2 in terms of points. If Hinata continues to claim points like that, they will certainly not help the SMJHL Awards committee.  Scarecrows

The discussion of MVP has been swirling around the league and there are a few players that are standouts for the title this season. At the risk of coming off as a homer, Viktor Crunk of the Maine Timber is playing amazing hockey and most definitely deserves to be mentioned in the MVP conversation. Viktor Krunk is an excellent scorer with 26 goals on the season. They have also been unselfish with the puck, spreading the scoring around with 38 assists this year. Krunk has put up 64 points total this season which puts them in the front of the MVP race for me. 

Another player that deserves some recognition for their play this season is Alexis Paquete. While they might not have as many goals on the season as Krunk. Paquete’s 21 goals for the year were accompanied by 42 assists, for a total of 63 points on the season. Paquete was also a physical defensive presence with 89 blocks and 90 hits for the season.

Tommi Koivu - When it comes to absolute filthy freakshows in the league you gotta look no further than Tommi Koivu, and you're probably thinking um he just got here how is he an MVP candidate? and I would say youre very stupid for asking that and here's why: Tommi Koivu plays for the Kelowna Knights right now and they are 8th in the league but I think he deserves MVP because I predict they will place higher than that.

B Jobin - B Jobin is an MVP candidate but not in the way you're thinking. You look at his stats and you say wow this guys sucks how is he an MVP? Well let me tell you why: he faces so many shots a game and thats not fair to him. He's facing 40 shots a game with a 4.00 GAA, but if he faced 20 like he should face he'd have a 2.00 which is way better.

Tommy Westbrook (But this time i upd) - He's updating this time, so I would give him the MVP.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

WSBL PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

The MVP for S64 in the SMHJHL will be Sconnie McHits.  And sure, you could cry all day long that I am a member of the Detroit Falcons, and my vote is completely bias, and you'd be right!  A lot of you dont see what Sconnie does off the ice!  Sure I could talk all day about his league leading 38 goals or 67 total points, to which he is carrying a Falcons team into the playoffs on his shoulders.  I mean he is averaging over a point per game at this point, an is showing no signs of slowing down.

But for me, its the off ice stuff that propels Sconnie to the Most Valuable Player.  Sconnie is a true locker room hero; keeping the team amped, playing great tunes in the locker room, keeping the off-the-post games entertaining on long flights, etc.  He also has gone out of his way on multiple occasions to help this first gen user get a great experience playing in the league for the first time.

These are only a few reasons why Sconnie McHits should take down the MVP this year!

SKKRRREEEE

[Image: unknown.png]
                               Sig Credit - @Azjha_59