Create Account

S64 mPT #5: Beneath the Ice

As the season winds down, the arena crew melts the ice in preparation for agricultural fairs, home improvement expos, and whatever the hell else they do in arenas over the summer. But as they begin the clean up, they pull something out of the melted ice!  
Your task: Many teams freeze a good luck charm in the ice before the season begins. What did your team freeze that's now getting pulled out by an unsuspecting crew? Why is that the thing they chose to freeze, and has it held up alright over the course of the season?

25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, April 24th at 11:59pm EST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.

This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2022, 08:29 AM by Tesla. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dave Heinrich: Why would you think freezing a leviathan beneath the ice would be lucky?

Agent Tesla: Well it is lucky that it is frozen and not currently devastating the west coast, right?

Dave Heinrich: Instead it is devastating the staff after a power outage!

Agent Tesla: Well I'll go fix it then!

Code:
Word Count: 54

The Toronto North Stars decided to freeze a single good luck nacho before the season somewhere under the ice. Somehow it did not bring them as much luck as they would've needed, but at least they didn't miss the playoffs.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

A full life sized model replica of our dear old player Jimmy Slothface. Made from the most human like jello and draped in the finest silk a man can find.
Why? Don't worry about it.

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

The San Francisco Pride froze one of their GM, Toast's, skates under the ice prior to the beginning of the season. Did it work? Eh, the Pride made the playoffs, but we'll see how they do first.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

The Edmonton Blizzard decided to freeze a small statue of Richard Hammond as a reminder to not do any stupid play on the ice. When it was found however, the team bus accidentally crashed into the practice facility, and the bus was driven by Hammond.
(45 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

I don't know if it counts as a "good luck charm" but the thing we decided to freeze under the ice was the last team who beat us. Only in Newfoundland, amirite?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

It was a strange request at the start of the season when Fitted asked to put a piece of plastic with an engraved 6-digit code on it...then he told us one day on the jet, slightly inebriated, that that code was the pin to a phone he kept just for tinder hookups.

That has made for a fantastic laugh all season as nobody (that I'm aware of) has bothered to tell the rink staff yet....

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

In keeping with the team's collective team spirit and something in connection to the team's name we decided to set a British coin, called a Crown into centre ice.  This worked well, until, after the melt, someone picked it up and tried to use it in one of our vending machines.  The machine now drops free soda !!!  Good stuff!!

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

After melting the ice in the United Center, all the crew found was a whole bunch of dog hair clogging the drains. As it turns out, Smith was shedding his winter coat when the season was winding down, which also might explain why the Zambonis keep breaking.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

The Atlanta crew hid a few cold ones under the ice. Unfortunately these exploded under the ice and are now pretty much undrinkable. Oh well, lessons are learned every day.

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

I froze an uncooked pasta noodle under the ice. I was on my way to dinner one night, tripped and it just happened. We did decent this year, so maybe we should keep the tradition.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Montreal has a few different things that we freeze in the ice. We always freeze a piece of paper that has every player’s goals for the entire season in the ice, and among that we also place a double edged dagger in the ice to signify us putting up a fight every game.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Before the ice was last frozen in Quebec, Justin Time used the space to hide his unopened SHL card packs. Now that the ice is frozen, he looks for them before every game, hoping that at the end of the season he'll finally pull a HoF card.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Wow this is a tough one. The Nevada Battleborn play in Las Vegas, a city that has probably as many good luck charms and rituals as it does people. I imagine this involved an extensive team discussion, but I believe in the end we all decided we would freeze a small tin of Wurmple Wax, in honor of our dear friend and teammate Wing Wang, who is spending his final season of eligibility with us this year and who absolutely tore it up out there this season, so clearly the Wurmple Wax worked.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .