Create Account

A New, Maybe Final, Chapter

It’s hard leaving a team where you’ve played seven fantastic seasons. I think it’s no coincidence that my best hockey was played in Hamilton, winning three cups with a bunch of awesome dudes. I’m still surprised that I won MVP and, for a brief time, scored the most goals in an SHL season ever. The fact that I almost beat that total and Minamino still beat me kind of stings, but he deserves it. I came into Hamilton a selfish, immature asshole who left New England under awful terms because I was more concerned with production and winning instead of being a legitimately good teammate. And I’m sorry for that. I truly am.

Hamilton, I feel, helped me to mature into a better person. Thank you to everyone there, from the fantastic GMs (@Hallsy, @RotticusScott) to the guys I’ve had the pleasure of calling teammates over the years (@Otrebor13, @Vulfzilla, @dogwoodmaple, @Pickle Juice, @JSS, @notorioustig, @Jobin, @jtam, @JSS331, @HanTheMan_, and many more). It’s tough to put into words how much I enjoyed my time in a Steelhawks sweater, and I’m glad to have contributed to three cup wins.

But, sometimes, there’s a change of heart. If you asked me two seasons ago, I’d have 100% said that I would retire a Steelhawk. This season made me realize that I was wrong. Hamilton is entering a rebuild/retool phase, and I want my playing time to go to a younger player who’s actually updating rather than an old scrub who’s barely on the site anymore. That’s why I chose to test, and ultimately walk, in FA, and I’m glad that we left on amiable terms.

Now, to the new and maybe final part. It’s no secret that my career is winding down. Regression’s starting to kill me and I haven’t fought it off as valiantly as I could. I plan on fixing that and not updating once every month, but it’s still going to be rough. So, as a South Jerseyan, it made sense for me to sign with the Forge. It was a tough choice, as a lot of teams reached out, but it was ultimately Philadelphia that won out. I’m there for the vibes and to be a good old veteran presence. At this point, I don’t care about points or long playoff runs. I want to have fun. And I’m excited to be around both guys I’ve played with or coached in Anchorage and guys who I’ve yet to meet.

I’m not sure if I’ll retire after the contract expires, but if I do, I’ve had a good career. I hope I can possibly end it on a fun note in Philadelphia.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

It was great having you on the squad, blues. A steelhawk for life and then some.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Forge Forge Forge

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Always a great teammate, it was awesome sharing a locker room with you for the limited time we did. Good luck in Philly!

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Good luck with the new chapter in your career.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Forge

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

I hate this, trade me

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

maybe?

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]