Create Account

An unexpected return
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 12:01 AM by DApolloS. Edited 2 times in total.)

After playing for The Colorado Raptors and being drafted by the Chicago Syndicate in S58, Leon Schweingruber had to step away from the game. It was expected that he wouldn't play in the SHL again, having vanished into the mountain wilderness of Colorado (playing for the Raptors made him feel at home in Switzerland so he made the state his off-season home).

Nobody could have expected the announcement that Leon, now sporting a luxurious beard, looking like a true mountain man, would be signing a year contract with The Texas Renegades.

During his interview after the announcement, he talked about his struggles with depression and anxiety, and despite his love for the game being so immense, he could not be the player Chicago expected of him. He felt terrible the team used such a high draft pick on him, but seeing as they were the most recent team to win the greatest trophy in simulation sports, it didn't have too much of a negative effect.

He vanished into the mountains in his small cabin he had built, suffering all alone. His family and friends were extremely worried about him. He spent countless nights with this heavy feeling in his chest, no idea how to process it. He said there were se very dark days.

But over time, he found the strength to leave his cabin for simple tasks as grocery shopping and the likes. He ended up meeting someone who was able to penetrate through the darkness. They were friends at first, but their friendship grew. She helped with his training both on and off the ice, spending time going hiking on the mountain. It had been years since Leon smiled, but he was able to for the first time in a long time.

Now he is set to make a comeback. He said the biggest reason he decided to make a comeback was so his one year old son could be proud of him. Despite the pain he still suffers through, he talked about his guiding lights in his wife Sandra and son Noah. They gave him a hand so it was only right he tried, even if it would only be for 1 season.

He isn't sure what to expect from himself this season, but he knows he wants to be someone his teammates can rely on and that hopefully he can help be a leader for a team about to have an influx of young players, with Texas currently going through a rebuild.

"I just want to do something that Noah can be proud of."

------

This part doesnt need to be jncluded in the grading. I suffered a serious accident at work causing me to step away from the SHL. I was fine physically, but the event caused me to suffer, and my anxiety and depression i suffered from before got much worse. Thankfully my wife was here for me and helped me. My biggest regret in all of this is not reaching out for help sooner. This stigma that you need to "man up" and you can't cry is bull. If you are having a hard time, don't be afraid to talk to someone, anyone. And if you don't feel you can talk to someone in your personal life, there are places you can go online, even people in communities like this, who will listen. Even if you think you're all alone, know you are not alone. Sorry, I justed wanted to clear the air.

Looking forward to a great comeback year!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: BTHxZUB.png]

good shit. there is a stigma around men's health. mental, physical, emotional.. even with some awareness over the past few years, it can be tough to be comfortable with opening up about it. we know it can just be for show. glad you are doing better, got help, and find yourself back in the league Smile

Great write up, and strong words.

Welcome back Smile

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Welcome back D'Apollo! Great to hear things are going better for you after the adversity you faced.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Great to hear you are doing better mate, welcome back!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Welcome back man!

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Glad to see you back @DApolloS and doing better!

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Beautifully said. Welcome back!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Great to see that you are felling better after what you’ve gone through. Coming out and telling the people around you of your struggles is the best way to help break these stigmata around mental health and other problems. The more people can point to someone they know having issues with something or other, the more societies can begin to address those issues instead of looking away. I wish you all the best in your comeback effort and hope you continue to recover well from your ailments Smile

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

we're happy to have you!!!

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]