Create Account

Get a Click Bot to Run the Sim on YouTube

Every day at the same time, the click bot would assemble new lines for that day. It would then run the sim seamlessly. Maybe we add a speech-to-text bot to add 1 of 10 lines of pure cringe between games.

This really a thing?

05-17-2022, 10:21 AMChevy Wrote: This really a thing?

Are click bots a thing? Yes. You can set a timer for a specific time of day or simply have a script to point at different locations on a screen. Or a combination. Runescape botters (at least back when I did it for a bit, like 2014) had a couple click bots that were sick - and that was on a dynamic screen as opposed to FHM.

Is it a thing for here now? No. That's why it's in the suggestion box.

What about goalie swaps tho?

[Image: lespoils.gif]

05-17-2022, 10:23 AMGCool Wrote:
05-17-2022, 10:21 AMChevy Wrote: This really a thing?

Are click bots a thing? Yes. You can set a timer for a specific time of day or simply have a script to point at different locations on a screen. Or a combination. Runescape botters (at least back when I did it for a bit, like 2014) had a couple click bots that were sick - and that was on a dynamic screen as opposed to FHM.

I knew click bots were a thing...but didn't think about it in regards to youtube stream and such.

05-17-2022, 10:24 AMlespoils Wrote: What about goalie swaps tho?

Certainly the big problem with this method. Would it affect the season's outcomes that much if goalie swaps were restricted to full sim days? That'd be a test worth running.

I imagine a bot could be made intricately enough such that goalie swaps could happen, but I'm not quite sure.

05-17-2022, 10:25 AMChevy Wrote:
05-17-2022, 10:23 AMGCool Wrote: Are click bots a thing? Yes. You can set a timer for a specific time of day or simply have a script to point at different locations on a screen. Or a combination. Runescape botters (at least back when I did it for a bit, like 2014) had a couple click bots that were sick - and that was on a dynamic screen as opposed to FHM.

I knew click bots were a thing...but didn't think about it in regards to youtube stream and such.

You could even scroll through and screenshot post-game stats via bot, honestly. Lol. It'd be much easier.

05-17-2022, 10:31 AMGCool Wrote:
05-17-2022, 10:25 AMChevy Wrote: I knew click bots were a thing...but didn't think about it in regards to youtube stream and such.

You could even scroll through and screenshot post-game stats via bot, honestly. Lol. It'd be much easier.

Box scores... give me some gosh darned box scores on the site and spare GMs from doing this in separate LRs

This sounds like a great idea but do we have the free labor with the technical competency to do this or would it cost dolla dolla billz?

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

05-17-2022, 11:50 AMLordBirdman Wrote:
05-17-2022, 10:31 AMGCool Wrote: You could even scroll through and screenshot post-game stats via bot, honestly. Lol. It'd be much easier.

Box scores... give me some gosh darned box scores on the site and spare GMs from doing this in separate LRs

This sounds like a great idea but do we have the free labor with the technical competency to do this or would it cost dolla dolla billz?

I dunno! I mean people made a trading card game, this seems like child's play in comparison from the outside looking in. We also wouldn't be relying on McDonald's WiFi. I'd call it a win-win.

05-17-2022, 11:50 AMLordBirdman Wrote:
05-17-2022, 10:31 AMGCool Wrote: You could even scroll through and screenshot post-game stats via bot, honestly. Lol. It'd be much easier.

FHM 8 has box score exports

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

05-17-2022, 12:17 PMPatty Wrote:
05-17-2022, 11:50 AMLordBirdman Wrote: Box scores... give me some gosh darned box scores on the site and spare GMs from doing this in separate LRs

FHM 8 has box score exports

SWITCH NOW

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

I dunno, I’m pretty thankful for our simmers.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-17-2022, 12:39 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I dunno, I’m pretty thankful for our simmers.

Cool. I didn't want you to infer I wasn't thankful. They do get the stream up eventually, and they get lineup changes in eventually, and sometimes we get to see alternate realities played out which is pretty sick. In all seriousness, it's a lot of work and I am grateful people step up to the challenge. It's worth a lot of fake simmy dollars to do it.

I think a series of clicky click commands would beat the current simmers at simming, and it would be as straightforward and robotic as the JackCross days. That's all I'm suggesting.

05-17-2022, 12:02 PMGCool Wrote:
05-17-2022, 11:50 AMLordBirdman Wrote: Box scores... give me some gosh darned box scores on the site and spare GMs from doing this in separate LRs

I dunno! I mean people made a trading card game, this seems like child's play in comparison from the outside looking in. We also wouldn't be relying on McDonald's WiFi. I'd call it a win-win.

I mean, it seems easy and then you look under the hood. If we want pure automation it’s downloading files, getting lines uploaded, check against something GM’s submit to double check all the lines are uploaded properly. Goalie swap which would have to be a fuckton of work to determine who is swapping what on each day.

Full stack development != this type of bot of this complexity

And the resources that the devs are putting into the site are being used for more useful things. Like the switch to FHM8, trading cards.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2022, 01:37 PM by GCool. Edited 1 time in total.)

05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: downloading files

Clicking

05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: getting lines uploaded

Clicking

05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: check against something GM’s submit to double check all the lines are uploaded properly

Certainly a conundrum. Likely where the 'simmer' could spend some more time now that the download/upload/running the YT channel has been taken from their hands.

05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: Goalie swap which would have to be a fuckton of work to determine who is swapping what on each day.

True, that was mentioned as an issue earlier. Haven't thought about it too much, but it seems doable. Especially if you map out the most exhaustive case (i.e. every team switching out their goalie between game days, as it would not rely on a human).