Create Account

Brick's Weekly Pack Pulling - Week 7

I’m back after a week off, I just really didn’t feel like opening packs last week. I’m opening 21 packs for this media piece, and then I’ll post a second one for the next set of 21. Let’s get to it, I smell a HOF in these packs.

Overall Collection (123 packs, 738 cards):
0 HOF
15 Diamond
33 Ruby
27 Team logos
101 Gold
231 silver
331 bronze

Pack 124:
First pack of the week starts off with a silver Patrice Nadeau dupe, and then a bronze, and then a new Gold, 84 overall Zakkira Diporov. Another bronze, and then dupe Gold, Hiro Fujikawa. The final card of the pack is a Team logo, but it’s a dupe in Season 58 Winnipeg Aurora. Not the worst start. (1T, 2G, 1s, 2b)

Pack 125:
We start with a bronze this pack, followed by a dupe in Kekw Kekkonen. A fresh silver follows in Kit Smeb. Two consecutive bronze pulls follow, and then another silver dupe in Blabar Bananerstrom to end the pack. Not much here. (3s, 3b)

Pack 126:
Starting off with a bronze again this time, two of them actually. A dupe silver in Danny Foster follows, and then a RUBY! First Ruby of the week in pack three, and it’s 85 overall Adam Falk. A bronze card follows, and then another silver dupe in Aleks Blixstrom finishes out the pack. Always love fresh Ruby cards! (1R, 2s, 3b)

Pack 127:
Another bronze start to this pack, and then another dupe silver in Eric Tokke. After another bronze, we get a fresh Gold in 82 overall Alex Winters. Two more bronze cards finish off the pack. At least I got a new Gold. (1G, 1s, 4b)

Pack 128:
Two bronze cards start off this pack, as is the trend, apparently. Another silver dupe (following the trend still) in Videl Valor comes up. Another bronze, and then a fresh Gold, 83 overall Conklin Owen. The pack ends with a Team logo, The Texas Renegades, but it’s the Season 10 logo, so that’s a new one! (1T, 1G, 1s, 3b)

Pack 129:
The double bronze start continues, with a fresh silver following this time, Benjamin Reid. And then another Ruby! Second of the day, it’s 87 overall Michael Withecheck! Another bronze card follows, and then the pack ends with ANOTHER RUBY! This time it’s 87 overall Mika Kandinsky! Two Ruby cards in one pack, and both are new! (2R, 1s, 3b)

Pack 130:
We finally buck the bronze start trend, although it’s with a dupe silver in Dogwood Maple. Two more bronze cards come up next (I guess we just changed the order.) A dupe Gold in Joseph Fantobens is next, followed by a fresh Gold in 83 overall Crossfit Jesus. A bronze card ends the pack. That was certainly a pack. (2G, 1s, 3b)

Pack 131:
An interesting start to this pack. A silver Stan Q. Next, which I initially thought was a dupe. However, the copies I already have are of Next on TOR, while this one has them on HAM, so I guess this is technically new. Up next is my teammate in MTL, a silver Jonathon Hagan. Another new card next, a Gold in 84 overall Xavier Doom. A Team logo follows, although it’s a dupe in season 42 Manhattan Rage. The pack then ends with a bronze. Strange pack this one. (1T, 1G, 2s, 2b)

Pack 132:
The next pack starts off with a fresh silver in Jack Nishimori. A bronze follows, and then it’s another fresh silver, Angus McFife XVIII (he’s going to win the cup). A fresh Gold follows that, 84 overall Kev Kevens. Another bronze after that, and then a dupe silver in Bjorn Thornsen to end the pack. Decent pack here. (1G, 3s, 2b)
Pack 133:
This pack starts off hot with a Ruby! Unfortunately, it’s a dupe in Jean-Uhtred Soderberg-Tremblay. Two bronze cards come next, and then ANOTHER RUBY! The second double-Ruby pack of the day! This one is a fresh one, it’s 85 overall Daniel Smeb! A bronze comes next and then a fresh silver in Filip Zadina ends the pack. Wow, what a pack, even if one of the Ruby cards was a dupe. (2R, 1s, 3b)

Pack 134:
A silver dupe starts off this pack in Emeka Valentine-Okoli. After that, a fresh Gold, 84 overall Lallo Selman. Another dupe silver in Turg Turg, and then two bronzes, before the final card of the pack: 80 overall Akashi Sixnine, a fresh Gold. Two new Golds, not bad. (2G, 2s, 2b)

Pack 135:
A fresh silver to begin this pack, Dank Boija. A bronze next, and then a fresh Gold, 80 overall Ignatius Blunt, is there a theme here? A bronze, a silver dupe in Nickolaus Klaus, and a silver dupe in Krysztof Kowalski ends the pack. More new Gold cards at least. (1G, 3s, 2b)

Pack 136:
Can you believe it, another Ruby start! This time it’s 87 overall Brady McIntyre! Two bronze cards follow that, and then a new silver in Basil Sivart follows them. A bronze and a dupe Gold in Xavier Doom ends the pack. Another Ruby, wow! (1R, 1G, 1s, 3b)

Pack 137:
A fresh Gold to start off this pack, it’s 83 overall James Kimanje. A new silver in Ric Charlesworth comes next, followed by a dupe silver in Jean-Locke Zidane. After that is ANOTHER RUBY! It’s a player I already have, but I have his Gold card, so this one is new! It’s 85 overall Jonathan Granstrom! A bronze follows that and then a dupe Gold in Tibuk Soonika ends the pack. Wow, a lot of Ruby cards today! (1R, 2G, 2s, 1b)

Pack 138:
Back to bronze cards starting packs, although this one gets followed by a new silver, Slatt Potts. Another bronze after, and then ANOTHER RUBY! Unfortunately, it’s a dupe in 86 overall Jon Forty-One. A dupe silver in Aleksanders Balcers follows, and then a bronze card ends the pack. Yet another Ruby, wow. (1R, 2s, 3b)

Pack 139:
This pack starts with a pair of Golds, a dupe in Sean Gatez, and a new Gold in 83 overall Richard Physt. A bronze follows, and then three dupe silvers: Jst Maro, Gregory Goode, and Paul Binder. Almost entirely a dupe pack, at least we got one new Gold. (2G, 3s, 1b)

Pack 140:
For the third time today, a pack starts off with a Ruby! Another new Ruby, this time it’s 85 overall Jason Visser! A fresh Gold follows, 80 overall Vijanupatan Singh. A bronze follows, and then a new silver in James Dekens. Two Gold dupes end the pack in Steven Moyer and Vlad McZehrl. I can’t believe all the Ruby pulls I’m getting. (1R, 3G, 1s, 1b)

Pack 141:
Another Gold start, this time it’s 82 overall Thomas Vanice. A silver dupe in Igor Petrov is next, and then after a bronze, it’s another new Gold, 82 overall Erben Kasius. A silver dupe in Sabo Tage, follows, and then the pack ends with a DIAMOND! The first one of the day, the sixteenth overall, this time it’s 88 overall Jimmy Wagner! What a great pack! (1D, 2G, 2s, 1b)

Pack 142:
A bronze card begins this pack, followed by a new Gold, 80 overall Bas O’Bigbers. Another bronze follows that. I’m not sure if this next card is a dupe or not. It’s a Team logo, the Chicago Syndicate, and it looks like the one I already have. But this one is season 53, and the old one is season 46. I can’t tell any difference between the two, but I guess this one is new [added note: the season 46 card is a misprint]. Two silver dupes in Kekw Kekkonen and Bjorn Thornsen end the pack. Another weird pack. (1T, 1G, 2s, 2b)

Pack 143:
Another bronze start this pack, followed by a DIAMOND! The 17th Diamond, and it’s another new one in 90 overall Knox Booth! Unbelievable! Three bronze cards follow, one of which is the same bronze card that started the pack. The pack ends with Puddles O’Duck, a dupe Gold. Two Diamonds this week, gotta love it! (1D, 1G, 4b)

Pack 144:
The final pack of the week ends on an absolute dud, as the pack starts off with five bronze cards and then a dupe silver in Blabar Bananerstrom. Just pretend the last pack was the final one. (1s, 5b)

The hunt for a HOF continues. The depressing road is a last paved with lots of Diamond and Ruby cards, but it’s looking more and more likely that I’ll get my own card made, printed, and pulled before I get a HOF card.

This week’s packs summary (21 packs):
0 HOF
2 Diamond
9 Ruby
4 Team logos
23 Gold
37 silver
51 bronze

Overall Collection (144 packs, 864 cards):
0 HOF
17 Diamond
42 Ruby