Create Account

S66 PT #0: Passion Project
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 11:29 AM by Gage2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Casper Nilsson has some other hobbies besides hockey, it just so happens he is a really good hockey player or else he'd probably be famous for something else. The one hobby that definitely is one that he would spend weeks on is building and racing cars.

You would think a hockey player with millions would buy a high end sports car but no. Nilsson goes out and buys old cars and fixes them up to peak performance. His favorite has to be a 1997 Volvo 850R wagon that he wrapped "Raptors Blue" and put a giant Swedish flag on the back of the car. People thought he was just being humble and buying a modest car but that couldn't be further from it. The Volvo is a full on race car. He even takes it out on tracks and people wonder why that hockey guy has a old wagon. The car collection doesn't stop at just one Volvo, there's a 240 and a 850R Sedan. And don't get me started on the 1992 Volkswagen Golf. As his bank account grows I'm sure he will buy more to his car collection. However as a heads up to any rookies.Don't park next to him.

[Image: gageshl.gif]

Hockey Prompt

Hi all, just realised this is my first point task in the SHL with my player Alvin Towne. So we got 8 weeks off and must decide were to talk about. Ofcourse i picked the hockey prompt. There is only one thing i care about and that is playing hockey. I want to become the best of the best, so when i have some free time i use it to become stronger. That is the only way to top the other goalies in my opinion. In the SMJHL, yes this future star goalie is still playing in the juniors, there exists a strange rule. You can train on skills, but you can’t use those skills in official games, i.e. that means i can work on stopping the puck, but i am obligated to let in a goal once in a while, just for the show i guess. You are not allowed to showcase a high skillset, every skill is monitored and ranked. Based on that i concluded i only could focus on a minimum number of skills during my offseason. I was allowed to work on my skating, rebound and recovery, but i wasn’t allowed to improve my gloves and blocker for instance. Ofcourse i did not obey. I still kept working on those skills. That’s fine as long as you don’t show them in the games. Once you play in the SHL you are allowed to play your best game. Yes i know, it is weird, but we are living in a weird world.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

In recent years Rhys Pritchard has gotten really into gardening. He bought a couple acre plot of land and in the summers he likes to build new garden beds and work on improving the quality of his produce. Last spring, he planted some apple trees and grape vines but it will still be a few years before he's getting good fruit from them. Gardening helps keep his mind clear and his hands busy when he's not training. It is also a good way to keep him outside and working with his hands. Additionally, as time allows, Rhys has gotten into fishing as well. He likes to take trips to different parts of the country to target various species and see cool locations. This summer he has a plan to fish for rainbow trout in Wyoming. It's safe to say that Pritchard isn't going to get bored once he decides to hang up his skates.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

HOCKEY PROMPT

Off-time? What's that? Petr is a machine. He lives, breathes, and eats hockey all day, every day. There are no breaks, there is only approaching perfection. A vigorous eight week camp is what Petr attends in Prague for the entirety of the summer, as he his body and mind are further perfected by the laboratory that made him.

Learning my film and direct stimulation of the brain, in an attempt to condition Petr to play in the best way possible as a whole team of analysts look into the best habits in the game that they can take and insert in Petr. In addition, Petr is supplied with the perfect nutritional meals typically made of a sludge substance that gives Petr all he needs in addition to an abundance of hormones and steroids to develop him into the best hockey player in history.

All of this is shown on 8 hour ice sessions every day, after which most of the remainder of the day is spent with surgical operations to repair and improve Petr's body after the intense strain on his body throughout the summer and after a full season.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Sven's latest passion project has been developing the perfect brew of IPA. Everyone knew this was coming, all you had to do was take one look at him. You see the handlebar mustache and you KNOW this guy drinks IPAs like a filthy hipster. He's been trying all sorts of different combinations: kinda bitter, way too bitter, all different kinds of fruits and hops. He's finally landed on something that he thinks is a winner though...a coffee infused double IPA with enough caffeine content to keep the normal person up for three days straight. Sven has been bottling his brew in his basement and making sure he has enough to last the entire season, where he plans on having one each intermission during each game played. Basically what I'm saying is to put all your bets on Sven this season, as he's basically going to be on PEDs all season.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Bean working on getting stronger to scoop beans better.

[Image: 1LbKiil.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

PLAYER PROMPT

Caleb Hayden’s off-ice passion is plane spotting. He loves going to different airports and taking pictures or videos of all kinds of aircraft taking off or landing. This passion was fueled when he was just a young boy, always living right next to an airport, seeing all the planes and hearing them was fascinating to him. Most notably his favorite airport to visit is Boston-Logan International, it's the closest international airport to his home. It has a wide variety of aircraft for him to spot. From aircraft in the fellow United States, all the way to Dubai or Japan. All of these options are there for him to watch. It’s one of his favorite things to do in any free time, it really helps him relax after a tough season of playing the sport he loves. He has a lot of friends who also have the same love as him, and they go with him on these spotting trips from time to time.

(164 words)

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

If I had eight weeks to work on anything I want without my coach, I would get better at fighting. I think I am pretty sound defensively including blocking shots and getting a good amount of hits on the opposing team. My offensive game will definitely come around this upcoming season, and that would be my second choice to improve if I had to choose. But, if you think about it, in a hockey fight, it is embarrassing to lose, especially if you started the fight. I do not want to get into a lot of fights on the ice, but I would want to be able to handle myself in case that I do. So, I will take some boxing and kickboxing classes to improve this skill. Not only will this help me fight on the ice but, it would also really help my endurance as well. So, taking this approach, I think this would help in different areas as well. 

Hockey Prompt: 162 words

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

Player Prompt:

It was definitely a long season for us in Los Angeles. I guess that's what happens when you win the Challenge Cup so I'll allow it. This season was a grind so needless to say I'm ready for the off-season.

After finally accomplishing our goal in LA, I'm going to take this off-season to completely recuperate. I'm getting older and I can't bounce back as well as before. I'm going to stay off the ice, but still workout, and recharge my battery. In that time, though, I'm going to get into something that's always been a passion of mine, cooking. I love to have my team over and cook up a storm for them. This off-season, I'm taking a 4 week cooking course with a top local chef in LA. They're going to teach me some basic, but helpful, techniques in the kitchen, and share some amazing recipes that I can bring to the cookouts next season. I'm really excited to learn from the best.

After those 4 weeks, then I'll get back into hockey shape, hit the ice more regularly and gear up for another run at the cup.

(190 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Player Prompt: Videl’s off ice passion is giving back to the community she plays for. One of the many things she does is help construct houses for underdeveloped communities and for those living under poverty. She has also been a sponsor for Women’s rights in Toronto and Ontario, to make sure they have their right to everything. Her biggest contribution this offseason was hosting a youth hockey cap for kids who are disabled, and for low income families, and the ring bares her name in paying for entire development of the facility. Another contribution she did was the repurposing of a few old KFC’s in the area to medical clinics in order to help give low income families an equal opportunity to have life saving medicines and vaccines. The last thing she did this offseason was a return trip to japan to launch an All Girls Sports Academy in Osaka, her hometown.
(153 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

PLAYER PROMPT WRITTEN TASK: Mats Marner’s non-hockey passion is baking! Besides being an obvious means to an end of going through the process of making a tasty treat, the act of baking is a form of Mats Marner’s self expression. With baking Marner gets to create whatever he wants to create, however little or magnificent that baked good may be. Baking makes Marner happy and baked goods make everyone happy and with baking spreading joy is immensely powerful.

Marner was never able to make a career out of this baking passion but baking provides a great amount of joy and creative freedom. On a more serious note, baking also helps manage Mats Marner’s anxiety. A chronic worrier since my teen years, Marner find the structure and focus that baking requires to be soothing. When baking you are in control of the outcome for the most part and that control is important during times that anxiety feels debilitating.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

PT pass because being the PT Director is my passion.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Ben Waters's non-hockey passion? Well, isn't is self-explanatory? It's the waters, the sea! Ben would spend all 8 weeks sailing at sea if he could. While he is an avid fan of speed sailing and looks to break records while competing competitively in that department, he is also an avid fisher. He recently caught and released a Mako Shark off the coast of California. Those things are big folks! In addition, Ben is an amateur historian and loves to read about naval history. Did you know that the British Royal Navy once had a ship called the HMS Ben- my player's namesake? Haha, just joshin ya. It was actually called HMS Ben-My-Chree. Pretty cool stuff. All in all, Ben is a pretty interesting guy and I think anybody who gets to know him would find that out pretty quickly. Now, he must go as he hears the siren's call of the sea!

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

[Image: nyoPVYu.jpg]

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

hockey prompt - graphic
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...raphic.png

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska