Create Account

S66 PT #2: Freaky Friday
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2022, 05:49 PM by awils13. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hockey prompt

Aaron Wilson has had a fairly successful career as a hockey player for the Hamilton Steelhawks of the simulation hockey league, but I've always wondered what it would be like to coach a team in this league. Maybe that's what Aaron will do after retirement. I do have some interesting ideas I'd like to try. My vision is, basically, you can't score if you don't shoot. Every goal is a result of a shot on goal, right, so the more you shoot, the more you score. On the other hand, at least half of turnovers are intercepted passes. So my question is, why pass the puck if every pass is a potential giveaway. If your team just never passes the puck, then, well, your team just cut turnovers in half, at the very least, and your corsi for improved by 10%. Now take into account that shot attempts lead to goals, and you have an interesting hockey strategy to try. Build a team that can't pass at all and tends to shoot whenever possible. Seems unlikely that this would actually work but you never know.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

If Zakkira became a coach… nobody would understand him. He speaks a language nobody knows expect his 10 people in his village. It is so ancient nobody knows what he is saying. But he has learned a lot of English since coming to America! 11 seasons ago… The fitness coach asked Zakkira Diporov to run the team training day during an off day as the fitness coach had to miss the day due to explosive problems.

So Zakkira Diporov had the team report to the nearest farm in New Orleans. They were required to all wear overalls and steel toe boots. Zakkira bought a pair of overalls and steel toe boots for the whole team. Zakkira Diporov showed the whole team how to correctly till some land. Without using a vehicle or equipment. Each person would till this land for hours. The land was tilled so now the players were so tired and exhausted. Zakkira told them. Good job. But we are not done.

(160 words)

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

ISFL PT Username: PMoney

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Player prompt

My dream job outside of hockey would certainly be about sports management. That would actually be what I'd like to do. Could actually give him the name '' Hockey Manager ''. It would have to do with the work already in place and all things would have been known. I love the specificity and if I don't understand something, it puts me on straight away and drives me into a kind of despair. I also have very good judgment skills as well as logical thinking and predicting moves. It is typical of all goalkeepers and brings great success to future work in relation to the logistics industry and all the events that come with it. Of course, if it weren't for good results, definitely try something other than freight transport, because I love driving cars a lot. Overall, I am a comprehensive and talented person who will accept every challenge and be able to compete in any job market.

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie

This is a tough questions. Brandon is a big fan of helping others and doing things that will benefit others. I would say Brandon would be a sports psychologist. He is really big into the mind and how behavior plays a factor in sports and really how it is different from one person to the next. He would love to really help athletes cope with being in a new environment, or help a player who is struggling in a slump. He would really love to be more central focus on hockey but would branch out and help with baseball, football and soccer. Brandon is really set on sticking with school while he plays in the SHL and is working on his degree so he can go into this field when he retires. The stigma around mental health is something that needs to change and Brandon really wants to help with this in life after hockey.

155 words

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

WSBL Affiliate PT

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

WSBL Affiliation

Player prompt:

[Image: 3acOfr1.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Player prompt.

Red Kirkby was not always destined to be a hockey player, in fact hockey is not even really played in New Zealand at all. If it had not been for his dad Rex then he would never have laced up to play. So if he were to be hypothetically bonked on the head and wake up with a completely different life then it would probably be the life of a Kumara and Kiwi fruit farmer. Imagine long days in the sun lovingly picking only the ripest and juiciest of kiwi fruits and only the biggest and fattest of Kumara. No worries at all in the world, no pressure to win games, no annoying fans chasing you around at all times of the day. Really it sounds like complete bliss. If it was not for the fact that his dad would almost certainly kill him Red might have just packed up his life as a hockey player and gone on to be a fruit farmer.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

The New Orleans Specters will certainly be missing their star first line right wing Valtterri Kauppinen and the goal scoring he brings to the table, that's for sure. However, Kauppinen has no memory of his life as a professional Simulation Hockey League player - what a shame! Mr. Kauppinen instead is now living the life of a heavy metal guitarist! He or his band might not be particularly famous right now, but surely they'll be super rich in the future - maybe even richer than that of a hockey player. Kauppinen only has fading memories of his past hockey centric life unfortunately, and if you ask the new him, it's not a life he wants to go back to. Getting jammed up the boards, hit out on open ice, and the constant daily training and the grind is not something that is particularly fun. If you ask him, this heavy metal life is way better, even if his fingers kill him.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Written Task: If your player could choose any job outside of being an SHL player, what would it be and why? Simulated doctor? Simulated European truck driver? What other talents or passions does your player have that they want to explore? What does this life look like? Is it super different? Or do you end up rich and famous anyway? (150+ words)

It would be very unfortunate if Pual Koivu had to choose another career path because of being hurt and not being able to play afterwards, because he is not very good at anything else really. He was really bad at school, so he would not be able to go back there and learn something new. He is not very manual either, so he could not pick up that kind of job too. And he's definitely not capable of starting his own business, he is way too dumb for that. So Paul either would need to invest his money and hope he gets good money out of it, or he will have to start working at McDonalds like he was when he was younger. Honestly that was one of his talents, Paul Koivu did a Big Mac like no one else could, and in a fraction of the time. He might be the best McDonalds worker there ever was, and they would be happy to get him back

167 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Written Task: If your player could choose any job outside of being an SHL player, what would it be and why? Simulated doctor? Simulated European truck driver? What other talents or passions does your player have that they want to explore? What does this life look like? Is it super different? Or do you end up rich and famous anyway? (150+ words)

Marty Farm Boy Sanderson the Third, wakes up in bed ready to being his day as the number one farm hand in all of Canada. Western Canada even. Farming Simulator 3000 where the main character is just you, Marty Sanderson, farming hands and hailing bays. Marty Sanderson and Brock Lesnar join forces to not only become insanely rich and insanely famous, but they also become super good at farming too. F5? Stands for 5 times the amount of farm work done by these two on a daily basis. Eventually Farming Simulator is released worldwide with Marty Sanderson as the cover athlete.

tryna make a change

In a shocking move, the Texas Renegades have announced the longtime forward Andreas Kvalheim will be acting as player-coach for an upcoming SHL game. One wonders whether this is a sign of things to come for Andreas, as his playing career is winding down and he might look to enter the coaching ranks instead to stay involved in the game. Andreas, when asked about his coaching style, stressed the importance of playing as a team - all six players working together as a unit both offensively and defensively. On offense, he plans to debut some interesting strategies, including the flying V and several variations of the hidden puck trick. When your team might not be as gifted as some of the others in the league, you have to rely upon some deception and trickery to get ahead. If the Renegades manage to get the opening goal, Andreas plans to have his team bunker in the net. With five goalies and a skater blocking the net, there is no way the opposing team can find a way past.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2022, 08:13 PM by Gordon Bombay.)

Shoyo Hinaa childhood dream was to get isekai. So when a stray puck hit him into the head and he woke up in a whole new world, Shoyo was pretty exited. He was getting a little bored of scoring a ton of goals in the simulation hockey league.  He woke up in a familiar forest and a stange monster was talking to him. Shoyo woke up in the digimon world. Digimon is the best isekai ever made, so Shoyo was pretty happy. He made friends with a Agumon and together they lived a lots of adventure. They even saved the world a couple of time. It was a good change of pace, but eventually Shoyo grew tired of being a digimon master. He missed the smell of hockey. He was missing his Atlanta inferno teammates. Fortunately for Shoyo, one day he was killed by a Devimon. He woke up on the ice. His teammate Angus Mcfife told him he was just hit to the head by a puck. I joined a photo album of Shoyo and Agumon

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest