Create Account

The Search for Darrow, Part 1

The Search for Darrow, Part 1

A few months back, I decided to start hoarding my trading card packs so I could live stream opening them to try to find a Cassius Darrow card. He was my first player, and thus far I’ve not sniffed out a single one. Well, I can’t figure out how to make OBS work and haven’t had anyone show interest in streaming with me, so for now we’ll do a media.

I’ll open 10 packs each part and see what we find. Let’s start!

Pack 1
[Image: unknown.png]

There are some exciting pieces here. Always happy to see one of @Esso2264's players, especially the great 1st overall pick of SFP, Drunkebird. Klompus is a fun new card for my collection, but boy is that a rough looking render. Gatez and Kevens would be even better overalls now.

Pack 2

Not a lot here. Bunch of players I don’t know, then SMJHL great Nicolaj Muller and the hottie Daud Ramza @Blasoon. Moving on.

Pack 3

This pack is rough. Fluw’s current player and league MVP is a fun add, and it’s always good to see one of nour’s players. I think that’s like my 4th or 5th Remao and Sins, but that happens!

Pack 4

Now we’re getting somewhere! The triple deke captain himself, little Charlie Conway makes an appearance. There have been a few Charlie Conways in league history, though few have really amounted to much in the SHL. This one was more of a SMJHL star with Colorado and Vancouver, and was part of Colorado’s only Four Star Cup (sad noises). Otherwise, Komarek played one season in the SHL with Baltimore before retiring onto greener pastures. Haschdi’s had a decent career so far with Texas and Toronto.

Pack 5

This one is interesting. We have a Hall of Famer in Fletcher, a solid defensive defender in DuBolk, the player with the longest name in SHL history I believe. Then Athanasios, who has had a decent career thus far. Alas, still not what we’re looking for!

Pack 6

This is a really good pack. Obviously Roach is the crown jewel of the group, but Stratton’s been a good SHL goalie for awhile, while AllBran is coming into his own as a player in this league. David Fantobens had a surprisingly productive career considering how often the user don’t go too deep into regression. Barbashev and Montgomery have had careers as inactive filler. I have to be honest, I got excited when I saw “Montgomery” in hopes of pulling a @bilbo card. Sadly, still no Darrow.

Pack 7

Holy moly! That’s two Hall of Famers (Bennett & Bitties) and BKJ is definitely a possibility too. Another Ramza and the first great Seattle Argonauts goalie, Thor Odinson. Great pack.

Pack 8

That’s a lotta Maple! I had to check see if dogwood happened to have a second player (they didn’t). Fuzz’s first player, Michael Fox, makes an appearance as well.

Pack 9

Okay, now the hockey card gods are just bullying me. They give a Seattle defenseman of the same era (Cleary) and a very good defensive defenseman (Liam O’Callaghan), but no Darrow! I think those are my first of each, so it’s not all bad. But still, I want a Darrow. I also get current Baltimore Platoon forward Jesse Trudeau and the new Winnipeg logo. Tagging @sköldpaddor for shiggles and gits as well

Pack 10

Okay, here’s today’s final pack. Will I pull a Darrow?

*sigh* Nope, no Darrow. I do get another Johnny Hamilton client in Gunnar Soderberg, which is super exciting. Then we also have some players who didn't pan out from past and current SHLers (and one from a truly awful person) which is less exciting.

Well, this went about as well as I expected it to. Hopefully, I don’t have to go too deep into this series before I find a Cassius Darrow card. If anyone is interested in streaming with me opening packs and talking about the players pulled, let me know. I am more than happy to let you have more than 50% of the payout.

Quote:ready for grading

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]