Create Account

The Search For Darrow, Part 2

The Search for Darrow, Part 2
Hello hello, we’re back with another attempt to find my sweet boy, Cassius Darrow, in trading card form. Will today be the day? Let’s open 10 packs and see where we get.

PACK 1
[Image: unknown.png?width=885&height=225]
Wild—2 of the same gold card in one pack! What are the odds? We also have JoeK’s new player, Xavier Doom, who is just coming into his own for the New Orleans Specters. Teddy Bear is cute, but doesn’t really excite me.

PACK 2
Patya wonders how they trapped his soul in card format! Poroshenko hits everyone that moves. And a pair of Minnesota Chiefs Monarchs defensemen. Actually, I’m surprised at the MIN representation here. Half the pack has the Juicy Lucy King logo.

PACK 3
Mack has never met the same success after Daddy Mack, though he’s tried. Nice enough guy. Otherwise, gross. I would burn the Zhernov cards if I could, along with any other reference to iOBESE on this site.

PACK 4
Golden Face is kinda funny as a card/render, and then I pull an previous generation Platoon legend in Mikulak. Getting one of Samee’s past players is also fun. Alas, no Darrow.

PACK 5 got lost in the process of making this, so I pulled another pack to replace it.
Rykov is an OG Seattle legend, from the horrible early days. Seeing his card in another jersey kinda sucks. Tez' latest player also makes an appearance.

PACK 6
RART RART RART. I don’t care about any of the other cards here tbh. I remember scouting Nystrom forever ago in the J. My once feud with Newfoundland actually was set off from an exchange with TVC around PBJ Souppan. Glad that’s in the past.

PACK 7
And there’s my first ever HOF card. Darrow played with Louie Garrett briefly in Buffalo. There’s also some other really great cards—another Wuma Duce, another Fluw, and Ty Murphy makes an appearance. Lil Manius is another fun grab.

PACK 8
Heat Siecker and Zach Holt were both one-time Raptors during my time as player and GM. Holt may have been Darrow’s first ever D partner in the J before I moved up in the lineup. Siecker was one of my draftees (FAs?) who had a pretty good career in the SMJHL. He played 250 games for the Raptors from S48-S52, recording 124 points. Then he played 57 career SHL games with Toronto and Edmonton before disappearing into the void. He was also an all-around cool person. I hope he’s doing well.

PACK 9
Nothing super interesting here. Another McMasters, another Lombardi, and that damn Steelhawks logo. Meh.

PACK 10
This is like the S43 pack! Boija, Kovacs, and Reaper all factored into one of the stronger draft classes we had seen for a bit (then was easily surpassed by S46 and S53). The rest isn’t particularly interesting. It’s especially disappointing as we’re 20 packs into this series without a Darrow.

Until next time.

Quote:ready for grading

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Oh no! Soul am trapped! Please help Patya!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Hail Reaper!

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Yay, congrats on the (first) HoF card!

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]