Create Account

Eddie's Scouting Reports: Sjøforsvaret (2x Draft)

Scouting Report: Sjøforsvaret, 16-year-old Right-Handed Goaltender

Height: 6’11”
Weight: 300 lbs

Uh, holy hell.

I’ve been very vocal about my reservations that this draft is the tallest and biggest in the illustrious history of the SMJHL, and that was before this guy came on my radar. “Navy” is a giant, hard-nosed goalie with few rough edges. He’s got an incredible glove hand and can use his blocker just as well. He’s sound at positioning in his crease, which isn’t hard as he takes up a large bit of it. He’s able to suck in any shot, limiting rebound chances, and his recovery from shelling is incredible. His puck handling and ability to pass makes him a dangerous asset in the offensive zone. He can handle the high and the low shot, and his ability to duck and move makes him a dangerous asset. He’s also deceptively quick for just how massive his hull – er, pads – are.

Though he’s mentally tough, he doesn’t have the stamina to handle big assignments for very long, and he’s got some work to do on his pokecheck and handling. He’s got some refinements he needs to address, but he’s certainly a well-built player, with some incredible upside and impressive numbers in some tournaments. I have no doubt that, like most goalies who come into situations fresh, that he’ll be able to take action to any foe, wherever there’s a crease and a puck bearing down, port or starboard.

Eddie Morozov signing off for now. Stay tuned for more info and more reports from my trips abroad scouting the next SHL stars!

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

Amazing love it

[Image: lazer2.png]