Create Account

S67 SMJHL PT #4 - Next Level

Having tons TPE is nice, but where it all comes into play in the sim is in your builds. What are you going to do with all that hard earned TPE?
Written option: Show us your projected 350 TPE build! (An easy way to do this is using the Player Build tool!) In at least 150 words, tell us about what kind of a player you want to build for next season. What attributes are going to be most important to you? Are you going to be maxing out fighting like a good teammate? Ask your GM if you need advice as well!
Graphic option: Make a hockey card with at least 3 attributes that will be part of your 350 build. Include a render.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)
Only S67 SMJHL Rookies (S68 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. 
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, October 9th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

I take inspiration from the lead points scorer of the Detroit Falcons when they won the Four Stars Cup in Season 65, Sconnie McHits.
I have been looking at how he played back then and applied it to my game on the ice and the results are quite spectacular, so from there ahead of Season 68 I will be looking to build from what I already have improved to be even more of a threat on the ice offensively.
I'll be looking to up my game in terms of key skills such as Getting Open and Shooting Accuracy as well as getting physically stronger to be able to shoot harder, hit harder, and punch harder as well. I will be looking to improve my speed and acceleration as well as work a bit on my defensive abilities which I think is part of the weakest points of my game. Defensive Read along with Hitting, Checking and Positioning are more than likely to be worked on for next season.

My 350 build would be pretty simple. The entire time I've been talking about myself, I've been emphasizing speed, speed, and even more speed. So my speed would be my key attribute. Like, 16 acceleration and 16 speed key attribute. That's basically SHL ready from a 350 cap. I've been saying my wheels are my strong point, and there they are. I'd by far be the fastest skater in the league, if not... the world. Besides that, not much would really change from the way I currently play. I'd still be a very good offensive threat, with my shooting accuracy slightly improved due to the fact that I'm scoring a lot of goals this season for a rookie (13 so far) and would like to score more next season. My defensive play would still need a bit of work, but I'm sure my teammates and coaches could help me with that. And I'd still be pretty strong physically. Speed would become my main asset.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

To my great despair, sometimes you need to recognize a gamer when you see one. As a habs fan, nothing keeps me up at night more than knowing the Leafs are a good team fueled by great players, Mitch Marner being one of them. Despite my deep rooted disdain of the Toronto team, Mitch Marner has been one of the most elite playmaking forwards since he came to the league, and it sucks to have to recognize it. His game is sort of what my game used to be way back when I was still a youngling, and is the type I like the most in the NHL (favorite player growing up, unsurprisingly being Marty St-Louis, so nothing too farfetched).

That being said, in today’s modern hockey, speed, ability and both offensive and defensive acumen are highly sought upon, all of which Mitch possesses and what I aim to model Derek Martin around. My ideal 350 TPE build would include going high on O read, D read, passing, puckhandling and checking, all important attributes in being an elite playmaker. With whatever balance I may find in the build, speed may come to play as an important addition to good positioning and play reading.

203 words

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

I want to make an offensive-minded forward, so I intend to use a sniper build. That means offensive attributes such as getting open, puck handing, offensive read, and shooting accuracy will all be crucial. Skating will be important too, especially acceleration and speed. Being able to combine elite skating and elite puck skills will create an offensive force to be reckoned with. Obviously, I won't forget about defense. Defensive read, checking, positioning, and shot blocking will all be important to build a player who can hold his own in his own zone as well. It's important to avoid becoming a defensive liability. I don't intend on being too physical of a player, and I would like to stay disciplined, so fighting and aggression will not be as important. I would like to model my player off of NHLers like Patrick Kane, who happens to be one of my favorite players as a Hawks fan, and Auston Matthews.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

My 350 build will help show what Cale's real strengths are on the offensive end of the puck. He is a big strong body that will continue to use his size to create space and find ways to get that puck to the net. He also Has some very good hands for being such a big guy on the ice. This combination will help him not only outmuscle players to win puck battles but allows him to have one of the hardest shots in the J. Thought he needs to work on his accuracy and can sometimes be a little to offensive minded Cale remains to be a balanced player. 

Cale doesn't want to be a liability on the ice but he is more offensively inclined. With this he has been working on his shooting accuracy as well as getting an extra edge in faceoff and puck handling skills. With all these skills being the focus Cale is looking to make an impact on the score sheet for the rest of the season and hit stride going into the playoffs.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

[Image: 1.png?1664829726895]

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Looking at next season, I want to be a two-way forward that is also able to bring a physical element to the game.  Combining these elements, I have a created a power two-way forward.  The most important attributes for my game are the offensive and defensive read ratings, enabling me to be a factor at both ends of the ice and hopefully taking control in possession and shot creation metrics.  I also wanted to keep a balanced build between physicality and skating given the archetype I was working with.  The power forward and two-way forward builds focused on different physical ratings, so I invested in each of these ratings.  Lastly, I want to increase my offensive output next season, so I also plan to increasing my passing, puckhandling, and shooting accuracy ratings.  Moving forward, I think this will allow me to be a solid top 6 winger in the SMJHL before I am able to move up to the 425 TPE plateau and become a first-line force.

167 words

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

Annoyingly, so far Viktor has defied my whole plan for him. I may be being a smidge overdramatic, but the dude is doing nothing but scoring and I was more angling for him to be the setup man. I am very simple and want him to completely embody the Gretzky's office role. I'm pretty well on my way into getting there by prioritizing getting open, his offensive read, puck handling, and passing. I want to say I barely touched the scoring-focused attributes, but clearly something went in there. That said, totally can't complain. I'm very happy. Next season though, I'd like to prioritize making Viktor quicker on his skates. Not necessarily with his role in mind, I just like zoom zoom. He's already a pro at faceoffs, though that will probably change as he climbs the lineup. And I should probably keep some TPE reserved for his stamina, but it's such an uncool stat to look at. No zoom, no goal horns, no finesse. But I'm definitely keeping it in mind. Somewhere. And you know what? if I can manage it I'd like to shore up his defensive skills a bit, but even writing that out made me feel like I'm going to have every attribute evened out at the same low, mediocre number. So I'd better not. Thank you for coming to my useless ramble talk.

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Lester Oiduser is looking to be a shut down defenseman. Focusing more on the defensive stats, checking, hitting, shot blocking, and defensive read.  I do realize that offensive stats can't be ignored, as having and keeping the puck is a good way to not be scored on, so I will raise those to a mediocre level.  That being said I have scored five goals with next to no offensive prowess, so maybe it is a waste. Speed and agility will be a bit under defense skills, hoping a high DFR can make up for it against those speedy forwards.  At first it is getting all skills up fairly evenly, as I feel its more the mid stages of your career when you can really specialize more.  Early on it is about not being a complete negative for your team, so bring up everything is worth it.
 https://simulationhockey.com/playerbuild...NSwxNSwxNQ==
Something like that, although things could change based on how I feel it is working.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Ultimately I want to be offensively strong, but good all around. Lets be honest there is no glory being the stay at home defencemen who blocks all the shots and makes up for any liability on the back end. Theres also no fun being an offensive powerhouse who cant be relied upon to play his position. My 350 point build will have me pretty averaged out across the board so that my team can trust me to protect my zone but contribute when we are inevitably in the other teams zone applying the pressure that the reigning champs should be applying. My future D partner will be VERY reliable to cover my back when i move up to score. as one can see in my current build I am well along the path to achieving these goals, and now just need to pick one or two things to prioritize to really make me the dinamo i know i can be.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2022, 07:47 PM by Rancidbudgie.)

Ignacio Garza, in the early stages of development, is looking to grow into one of the top defensive forwards in the game. Right now, his strengths are his defensive play and physical edge, but Gatza is looking to be an even stronger bully on the puck. His overall Checking skills, both with his stick and body, are looking to be maximized, and his decent puckhandling and strength will be improved to make his tenacity on the puck even greater. Depending on how the updates fall, Garza might take another aggressive step to his game, or improve his net-front presence to provide at least a minimum of offense. Also by working with the coaching staff at Anchorage, Garza is hoping to sharpen his tactical understanding of the game at both ends of the ice, to make smart plays that work to the benefit of the team. It is likely that by 350 TPE his skating will not have greatly improved from where it already is, but hopefully that will be addressed by the time the 425 build has rolled around!

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

I'm a greedy, goal hungry piece of garbage, and therefore, I wanna pump quite a bit of TPE into things such as shooting accuracy, getting open, offensive read, positioning, and attributes relating to skating. It'll be difficult to balance an offensive first approach while not letting my defensive stats fall behind, but with guidance my GM and other new friends on the site, I am hope to build and excellent player that any team would want. I figured I might focus first and foremost on speed in the skating aspect as to get into position and other things like that as soon as possible so that I can slam the puck in the net speedily. We will see if I achieve this or if I end up taking a more balanced approach and then focusing on offense later, but I guess that'll be up to the advice I get from those around me that are wiser.

[Image: zFE0mSA.png]      [Image: HKi05IH.png]     [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

American coach hard to understand. Coach want me to get better with puck. Coach want me to get better without puck. That mean want me to get better in all situations, he explained.

Coach asked to shot better. Said my shot was not American good, only Russian good. I don't like racist comparaison, so I practice shooting pucks on windows of car of coach. He said to go in front of net. I go in front of net. Coach said to get open more often. But he just told me to go in front of net?!? So I don't understand what coach want.

I go gym. Me strong. Want get more strong. Want get strongest of team. Coach say I cannot take syringe of vitamins, so I have to lift weight. I also keep falling on ice. Not funny. Work on balance. You can not always go crash the goalie of the other team to get him injured. Have to be more clever. I watched the Mighty Ducks movie, so now I clever, I good on reading offensive plays.

Garbage collector archetype, so:
Shooting Accuracy - 15
Getting Open - 14
Offensive Read - 14
Balance - 14
Strength - 14