Chapter Two: An Offer you can't Refuse

Chapter Three: Dark Symbols

Chapter Four: Poetic Justice

Chapter Five: The Green Glow

Chapter Six: The Book Club

[Image: Daniel_Swift_Signature-3_Carpy48.png]

Chapter Seven: Police Tape

- - -

After leaving the library, Thomas decided to stop by the rubber plant to check on the latest orders. As he pulled into the parking lot, he saw several police cars and yellow police tape cordoning off the entrance. 'What in the world is going on here,' Thomas thought to himself as he parked his car and apprehensively approached the tape.

Officer 1: "I'm sorry sir, but you can't go in here!"

Thomas: "But, but... I work here, I'm the chief engineer," he babbled only half intelligibly.

Officer 1: "Oh okay, wait here. The detective will want to speak with you."

As the officer disappeared into the dark recesses of the entrance way, Thomas' mind started running wild with all sorts of peculiar possibilities. Was it a robbery, an industrial accident or perhaps a chemical spill? What could it be? Yet of all the possibilities that flashed through Thomas' brain, none came even close to the grim reality that lay inside. After all, how could anyone possibly foresee such a grisly event?

Moments later, a man wearing an old rumpled trench coat and a stained fedora hat, emerged into the light with a notepad and a battery of loaded questions.

Noe Clue: "Who are you, and what are you doing here?" The detective asked rapidly with an expression far more aggravated than inquisitive.

Thomas: "I'm Thomas Tinkle, and I work here... As the chief engineer."

Noe Clue: "Chief engineer eh? So you make all this goop?"

Thomas: "Yes sir, but can I ask what's going on?"

Noe Clue: "I'll be the one asking the questions around here. Now, when was the last time you saw the President alive?"

Alive? Thomas thought to himself. That must mean... Oh my god, but how?

Noe Clue: "Earth to Thomas, earth to Thomas, can you hear me Thomas?"

Thomas: "Uh yeah, late last night around ten. He seemed happy about the new contracts."

Noe Clue: Happy huh? And had he been drinking?"

Thomas: "Uh, yes sir. And quite a lot. But he was perfectly fine when I left!"

Noe Clue: "Uh-huh, we'll see about that, And where'd you go after you left?"

Thomas: "Straight home to bed."

Noe Clue: "Any witnesses?"

Thomas: "No, but I called a university friend around eleven."

Noe Clue: "Okay, we'll check the phone logs. In the meantime, don't leave town. We may need to talk to you again!"

As detective Noe Clue walked away, Thomas just stood there with a dumbfounded expression on his face. The sudden shock made it all seem so surreal. Was the President really dead or was this just some sort of elaborate, lucid dream? Maybe once it sunk in things would make more sense, but for now it was all so murky.

- - - - - - -

To be continued...  Popcorn

Quote:585 Words

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!