Create Account

S68 mPT #1: Dialed In Due: November 27th @ 11:59 PM (PST
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2022, 05:04 PM by leafsftw1967. Edited 1 time in total.)

My pregame ritual includes taking shots in the Chicago locker room with my teammates. We even have a special call out to get everyone notified that its time for shots. Sometimes even alumni join us.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Before each game, Louise St. Martin usually grabs a bite of local food. When she's in Toronto for home games, it's usually just some worldwide food in the area, but otherwise it's whatever's big in the area

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Hai Nam Hoang likes to keep to himself to start games, more focused on getting loose and ready to play than funky rituals, though his stretches are unorthodox enough for people to consider it a pregame habit of sorts.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

To get hyped up for a game, it always comes down to one thing in Chicago. Leeg. Leeg is a driving force for the team and any time there is game stress, it's always responded to with a simple question. Leeg?

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Bastien Primeau is a huge wrestling fan.
So this season he is bringing in the tradition of giving a 'Champion of the night' belt to the lockerroom after every match. A custom WWE World Championship with the logo of the Detroit Falcons on it. Not a cheap version either, but it the kind you'd see on WWE television. On a more personal level, Bastien would have a special hand gesture he would do to every member of the team on the way to the tunnel leading to the ring right before the game. An ode to Sami Zayn with the handshake he does with Jimmy Uso of The Bloodline.

[Image: sami-zayn-the-bloodline.gif]

Viktor has taken to going around the locker room and giving every single teammate a happy little tap on the head with his gloved hand, one by one. Anyone who denies him is promptly given a facewash and has to put up with Vik shooting them sad puppy eyes on the bench all game.

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

To hype myself up before games, I like to blast heavy power metal into my headphones (think in the likes of Amon Amarth) while doing light boxing training. I found that this pre-game routine helps me get my head into the right headspace before heanding on the ice.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

I prefer the opposite of a pre-game hype up, silence and solitude, if just for a few seconds or like a minute maybe. Find my inner center, control my breath and then go back out there with the boys to wreck some shit!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Ekaterina usually arrives late, slightly drunk, and her pregame ritual consists of calling her booker so she could place an illegal wager or two for the upcoming game. She also eats a lot of perogies.

Lester Oiduser has a pretty simple ritual of taking a shot of good old Canadian Maple Syrup. It takes awhile. Syrup is thick, and it tastes so good.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Pre-game hype ritual for William Salming is just a silence. He goes to his own thoughts just before the game to hype himself up. Then he is ready to fight on the ice.

[Image: salming.png]

Though he is not a particularly religious man, Jarrod Lakemore's pre-game ritual involves prayer. Before each game, he prays to a generic, unknown deity and asks that they provide him with capable opponents so he can actually face some decent competition. Some may see this as arrogance but it dates back to Lakemore's days of youth hockey in England, where often his opponents would barely be able to skate, let alone handle the puck. He continues the practice out of fear that ceasing his prayer will result in him being sent back to England, condemned to a life of playing against the London Sillinannies.

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Pre game hype in the aurora takes places in LEG his basement. This may sound creeper then it does, but that's where the team plays dungeons and dragons. If that doesn't get you hyped for a hockey game, i dont know what does.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Before every game, Lord Farquaads goes down to the secret dungeon and tortures the Gingerbread Man. It’s something that really gets Lord Farquaads’ blood running and amped for the game.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

You can take them out of the J, but you can't take the Bash Brothers out of them. Before each game, going back to S66, M'Baku Olubori and Don Juan @Cyclo start up a shouting and chest bumping circle in the locker room. It's 1000% ridiculous and unnecessary, but it gets people hyped, so why not?

Well, at least the rookies get hyped. The Baltimore vets may or may not be into it.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]