Create Account

S68 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?
Written option: 150 words on the above
Graphic option: Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S68 SMJHL Rookies (S69 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, December 4th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

PT Pass - SIMMER

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2022, 01:30 AM by sharksisback. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Vancouver Whalers are not only Kelowna's geographical rival, they are also a scum of the earth, stinky team in a scum of the earth, stinky city. If you ask me, which you did, I would say that Vancouver and the Whalers are a blight on British Columbia, a disgusting snotty loogy spat in the face of Canada. Walter had to fly into that rat-infested airport and I swear, you land and you can smell the subpar weed hanging in the air. Never has a city and a team been more of a fitting pair than Vancouver and their damn Whalers. More like the wailers the way they're always crying on the ice. Face it, it's far more respectable to be an honorable, distinguished Knight than a stinky, disgusting Whaler. I'll tell you what, let me tell you a personal story about the Vancouver Whalers, you know how they've got save the whales spray painted on the ice- mic cuts out

Big Walter Ulrich
S69 Prospect

Lilja does not specifically have a rival team now that he does not longer play for Calgary, which would make Edmonton his rival team by default and their history of heating matches labeled "Battle of Alberta" - Lilja does have a personal rival instead. One of his former teammates is also playing in the league, Anton Mihailov. This guy used to play along side with Lilja on the first line at Nokian Pyry and they would often have a race about which one would score the most goals, assists, points, every stat imaginable. Even hits, even though they were kids at the time. Lilja had a few times in which he came out on top, but Mihailov kept drawing the bigger straws over and over again. As Mihailov got drafted into Buffalo 4 picks after Lilja at 18th overall, this would mean that their rivalry would keep on going in the SHL. Getting traded into Atlanta was probably the best move in Mihailov's early career as he would collect nearly a point per game playing there, before getting traded into Seattle. Lilja on the other hand started to shine after his move from Calgary to Los Angeles and Seattle, where he ended up playing with his childhood teammate in the big leagues.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

The St Louis Scarecrows has always had Detroit as their rivals. I believe that there has never been another rivalry like it since. The teams "hated" each other for about 15 seasons or so. I say hated, but really it was all in good fun. The Fuck Detroit chants still happen before the games and it is always a blast to relive that rivalry. Though, I do believe that rivalries in the SMJHL are just not a thing anymore. Regardless, the rivalry between Detroit and St Louis inspired a lot of fun and imaginative times. I remember having alumni games and there being nothing but chirping and roughing between the old timers. I wish the SMJHL, and the SHL really, had a better rivalry system. Something that would add that little bit more to the stream. Maybe more attention to team's rivals? Add in rivalry exhibition games that have more fights and aggressiveness? I would be so in for that! I just want to see the Scarecrows and Falcons duke it out as rivals again.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

As a rookie brand new into the SMJHL, Matthew LeClaire does not specifically have any rivals. His two old teammates and childhood friends play for the Maine Timber. Every time when the Maine Timber and St. Louis Scarecrows face off against each other, LeClaire tries to play his absolute best. He brings his A game every time to try to beat his old buddies. This task recently has been very difficult. Not only is the Timber a hard to beat team but his friends have been healthy scratches while focusing on training more. Last sim Maine did not play his friend Edouard. So this rivalry seems to be sinking fast. Now for the team itself I hear the Crows and Falcons had a huge rivalry years past. But truth be told, rivalries do not seem to be important in this league. Some changes could make this more exciting. I agree with Nic the reply above me of the things that could happen to make rivalries exciting again.
167 words

pbe affil

[Image: ox.jpg]

Matt Ox- Grizzlies Defense

I hadn't taken the time to even see where my player was drafted but now that I have and seeing that I wasn't taken until the third round, I'm calling out every other team for passing on my player.  After what should be a hall of fame career on my first player, getting this little respect is absolutely disgraceful.  Revenge tour activated, the rest of the league better watch their backs because Gritty is coming for you.  
All of these bum GMs are going to be pissed at themselves for passing up the opportunity to have me on their squad.  Especially when half of the people they drafted ahead of me become inactive.  Clearly the only talent in the front offices live in Regina and in the SHL because there is no way they would have passed up on me otherwise.  Hide your wife, hide your kids, because Gritty getting everybody up in here.  Stay tuned rings incoming.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Probably the team that I like to think of rivals the most is the Maine Timbers. This is probably more about me personally than the Newfoundland Beserkers but here is the story. With my first create I was kinda on Maine after the TDL, one of those people "on" the team but didn't play. I really liked the team and wanted them to draft me but they didn't so whatever, Newfoundalnd drafted me and begun the Maine curse. For about 7 seasons in a row after that Newfoundland knocked Maine out of the playoffs every single time and then I stopped paying attention to it cause I was in the SHL. I assume thise curse was continuing though and no one tell me differently. 
Now I come to the recreate and I have a lot of friends on Maine still so they were definitely one of the teams I would have been really keen to be drafted too and once again they passed on me and once again Newfoundland drafted me and once again we are starting the curse all over again. 2Maine2Curse or something like that.

[Image: hopoate.png]

https://imgur.com/a/YITTpXH

Now I haven’t been in the SMJHL long enough to know exactly what rivalry the Maine Timbers have but rumour has it it’s the Newfoundland team out in you know Newfoundland. Listen I know I sound wild but that last time I was in the SMJHL was like S30 which is quite awhile ago and I don’t even think the Maine Timbers was a team yet. None the less from words I hear in the locker room that Newfoundland berserkers team seems to be the playoff enemy. Legend has it they always get bested by Newfoundland in the playoffs. EXCEPT this last season where the Maine timber played all round of the playoffs and won the four star cup. Take that Newfoundland!!, other than that I don’t have any qualms with them… YET I’ve literally played like 16 games and have been dog water thus far so my real enemy is myself right now let’s be real.

163 words

PBE PT

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

SSL Affiliate

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

This is a tough one since I'm very unfamiliar with the Anchorage lore. St Louis bumped us out of the playoffs in round 1 last season so that stings a bit. Newfoundland smashing us in the S62 finals with a 4-0 clean sweep must hurt, but that was 6 seasons ago so the core has changed once, if not twice, since then. So far this season Detroit is the only team that's really had our number, but they've been crushing everyone so I don't really see that as a true rivalry. In terms of geography we really don't have any neighbours haha so thats out. If I had to pick one I'd go with the Scarecrows with the recent 4-0 blowout in last seasons playoff performance. We get up for those games with a bit of an extra edge to let the league know we're not a pushover. So far we've just played them the one time since and won 4-3 in overtime, but we have 3 more meetings before the end of the season and those should be some good matchups. To top it off we're chasing them in the standings so those are a big 2 points up for grabs each game.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I think by all technicalities the Vancouver Whalers are the biggest rival for the Kelowna Knights. Geographically it makes sense, Regina is two provinces over, and Anchorage is kinda just out there doing whatever they do. Plus, there seems to be some legitimate dislike from the Knights side at least, I remember one of us asking who our rival actually is, and Katth came in pretty quick to point us at the right team. I haven't been around enough, or even really had any reason to hate Vancouver as much as some of my Knights teammates may.

The team I probably dislike most would be the Newfoundland Berserkers. The thing is, it isn't a hate, because there are teams I hate more. I think it's really just the rivalry we had when I was on the Kraken that stuck. Plus, they've always been good (except now..?), so it is easy to hate them. I respect them though. Otherwise, maybe Anchorage, which would make more sense as a rival if Vancouver didn't exist. As a Canucks fan though, I just can't hate Vancouver. 

182 words