Create Account

Maine Timber's Ferocious Start Episode 1
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 09:43 PM by McGriddy10. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hello and Welcome to the 1st episode of Weekly Dive-ins on SMJHL Teams, I am your host Andy Brickley here with my co-host Jack Edwards.

Andy: We are looking at the hottest team in the SMJHL right now in the Maine Timber. In this series, we will look at how a team's roster is performing throughout the league to see potential playoff matchups.

Jack: Our first player that we are looking at is none other than Cale Salad. Cale Salad has been cooking some salad up for Maine against opposing teams. His stat line through the first 20 games of the season is 15 goals with 19 assists totaling 34 points. He has an insane +/- of +13 over 20 minutes of average time on ice. If Cale continues this wicked points total, he will break Alexi Piastri's 102 points from last season which everyone thought was unbreakable. Back to you Brick!

Andy: Our next player is Pawter Meowski. Pawter has been slashing through the opponents on his way to second in goals and assists behind his linemate Cale Salad. Pawter has the same number of goals as Cale but has 2 fewer assists which put him at 32 points in the first 20 games of the season. His +/- is higher than Cale's at +15 which means that he has been on the ice when his team has scored a goal 15 times. As a Forward, that is pretty standard because their shifts are only 15 - 30 seconds each. Take it away Jack!

Jack: Alright, so our 3rd player is rounding out the first line for forwards. This player has amassed 10 goals and 11 assists for a total of 21 points through 20 games. He goes by the name of Barefoot Sugars. Mr. Sugars likes helping his two linemates out by taking the puck up the right wing boards and then dishing the puck off to Cale or Pawter for the shot. Mr. Sugars has a +/- of 9 which is slightly lower than his two linemates but he makes up for that with his outstanding Hockey IQ. Hey Brick, are you sure you wanna do this for the whole roster!?

Andy: Yes Jack, I want to do this for the whole roster because the SMJHL needs to know that Maine is a force to be reckoned with. I digress, our 4th player is coming from Maine's second line. This player is named after a staple in Chinese culture. The staple I'm talking about is the dragon which leads me to this player's name, Mushu The Dragon. Mushu has 9 goals and 12 assists which is 21 points through 20 games. Yes, I know that this is standard for Maine, but the fact that the top 5 players on their roster in terms of points are all above 20 points in 20 games which is higher than 1 Point Per Game (PPG). Mushu has been contributing to the overall success of Maine by being a great leader and presence on the ice in only his second season in Maine. Jack, please pick up the slack before I fire you.

Jack: Who said you can fire me, I am under contract from Maine Sports Network for as long as Season 71. Enough about irrelevant topics, our 5th player looks like Tom Holland's Spider-Man. Oh wait, that's because he is Peter Tingle. Peter rounds out the top 5 for Maine in points. He has 21 points, which seems to be like the average of Maine's second-line forwards. Tingle has decided to use his spidey senses to score 7 goals and get 14 assists for his teammates. This is great because in order to be a successful team in the SMJHL, you need to have all 3 lines of forwards and d-pairs firing well, but you also need a great goaltending tandem. Maine has all three of these things which leads to its success.

Andy: Thank you, Jack, that was a great report on our last player. On to our 6th player, a rookie that was drafted in this past draft by Maine, Iliket Urtles. Urtles has 5 goals and 9 assists through 20 games totaling 14 points through 20 games and a +/- of +4 which is not too shabby for a rookie. Iliket is on Maine's 3rd line which has seen recent improvements throughout this last week. I can definitely say that Iliket Urtles will be a top draft pick in the S70 SHL Draft. Jack, your favorite player is next. He has recently transferred from Canada to Great Britain, which I think was a great idea considering how stacked Canada is at the position of Center.

Jack: Oh boy, this one is going to be a doozy for you all. Next up on the list, is Patrice BERRRRRGERON. Patrice was declared as the starting 3rd-line Center for Maine this past offseason, but things don't seem to be following that idea as he has played Left Defense for half of the season. Considering that Bergeron has played defense as well as Center, his point totals are higher than his from last season in 26 games. He has tallied 3 goals and 11 assists for 14 points in 20 games. He also leads Maine in Face-Off Percentage at an astonishing 66.7%. This means that Bergeron has won 2 out of every 3 face-offs he has taken. Hey Brick, your next player is also your favorite.

Andy: This is our last player of this episode. We are looking at Edžus Ozolins. He and Bergeron have grown close over the course of last season and this season. Ozolins has 3 goals and 8 assists for 11 points in 20 games. Ozolins definitely has room to grow and catch up to Bergeron as far as stats. Ozolins is on track to post better numbers compared to last season. This is a great sign for Maine because 3 of their S69 players are blossoming right before their eyes and making this team instantly better with offensive production and leadership helping their new saplings get going and helping the great franchise. 

Jack: Hey Andy, guess what? I get to wrap up the show since you took the last player. Thank you all for the mere 3 minutes it takes to read this article/written podcast. I had so much fun working with Andy while discussing the top 8 players on the roster for the Maine Timber. IT'S A HAT TRICK, I'M LOSING MY MIND OVER HERE.

Code:
1,081 Words

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

Really good start from Maine this season! Proud of you and Meowski as future Renegades!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Timber Timber Timber Timber

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Timber great article

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran,