Create Account

S69 PT #5: Everyone's a Critic February 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player Prompt
When faced with critiques/doubts, Baku laughs. The haters feed him (and he’s always hungry for some attention). After Twitter went full pro-fascist under Elon Musk’s failed leadership, Olubori deleted his Twitter and hasn’t looked back. He doesn’t know and doesn’t care what anyone says about him on Twitter. When fans scream things at him during games, he laughs it off and keeps doing his thing. Occasionally he’s even taunted fans with the ol “hand to the ear” maneuver during warm ups.

When it comes to the media, Baku is always up for some attention. Thanks to some great media coaching from the Hamilton Sports Agency, Baku has gotten better at using his natural charisma and humor to make reporters look silly (without going off the handle). Never one to fear sharing his mind, he’s gotten more clever in how he redirects critical questions. Fans love to read his quotes, and reporters love to cover him (even if they hate his responses to their questions, they love when he gets one over on a rival). He laughs it all off, and is fond of asking “Bob, can you do what I do? Can you do what I do?”

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Adelie penguins are well known for the attitudes. They are aggressive and fairly vocal, so there is almost no chance that this particular penguin would take such an assault lying down. He would immediately have to take to twitter and call out the journalist for his unprofessional approach! He didn't bother speaking to the team or even seeing how it could impact them to put such slander out there and went forward with it anyways. So much for journalistic integrity! Adelie would point out that this journalist had never even played the game, much less suffered a crushing defeat like that and so where do he think he has the right to make assumptions about others and their experiences? It would be an absolute twitter storm in which Adelie would drop tirade after tirade, blowing up the journalist with responses until finally he would get banned. After all, this is one toxic bird and there is no way the journalist would be able to keep up and Adelie would not do it nicely!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Despite the negative attention from some fans and journalists, Billy Herrington remained grateful to those who supported him, especially his fans in Japan. He was amazed by their dedication and passion for the sport and his team, and he felt a deep connection to them. They showed him love and appreciation, and he felt a sense of responsibility to give his best for them every time he hit the ice. When he received negative comments from fans and media in North America, it hurt, but he knew that his fans in Japan believed in him. They had even given him a nickname, "Aniki," which means "big brother" in Japanese, and he cherished their support. Billy knew that his fans in Japan didn't care about the negativity surrounding him. They only cared about his performance on the ice and the joy he brought to them as a player. He wanted to continue making them proud and representing their love for the sport of hockey. In the end, Billy realized that while negative attention may come and go, the support of his fans in Japan would always be there, and that was all that really mattered to him.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

PT pass because I am above criticism.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Player prompt
It could two ways. (1) First possibility: She owns her mistakes. She was an Olympian athlete in an individual sport all her teenage years. She knows that failures are part of the game, it is a normal process and she has to learn from it. It happens more and more in Kelowna. Her junior years transformed her. She knows that she could have a negative impact on the team and she does not want that to happen. She would not put the blame on anyone but herself. If it’s a 7-1 loss, there is a lot of junk to talk about. (2) Second possibility: It could go bad. Very very bad. Ekaterina has a tendency to call her Russian mafia friends to deal with problems and the Kelowna media scene is not known to deal well with that kind of pressure. If she feels that the situation is unfair, a tire might get slashed. A window broken. Or a baby kidnapped. Yeah, I know, that escalated quickly.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

hockey prompt

[Image: sNGTk6a.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Hockey Prompt

I think that NHL media presence is subdues compared to other leagues because of the instilled culture, not of just the league, but many of the people in the league. Obviously not ALL, but a lot of Scandinavian and Canadian players come from a household culture of restraint and team-forward thinking. When you have individuals who are raised to be humble and team-oriented, its hard to get them to talk openly on social media about how awesome they are. Similarly, I think many of the coaches see the off-ice stuff as distracting. I think they are dissuaded from participating in anything that could rile up their opponents for a win. With Hockey being so team centric, if one person does something to upset the applecart, there is more disdain for their actions in losing. I think there could be more personality on social media, I just don't think it will spontaneously happen - it will take time as new youths emerge who are more self-centered.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

ISFL Affiliate

Code:
HOCKEY PROMPT - Once again I bring to you a question about hockey culture at large!  

Written Task:  How do you feel about hockey's social media culture? Specifically with regards to top players in the world. A common complaint is that the NHL does not have the star power of a league like the NBA, and that the players are much more boring. Do you think this ties in to social media, and the unwillingness many players to engage beyond the officially sanctioned opportunities? Is it unrelated? If so, how do you think the league should go about making their stars more marketable and exciting? Does it even matter? (150+ words)

The issue that the NHL has, and will likely always have has nothing to do with not having star players. It has everything to do with the players not wanting to be stars. The difference between the NHL and the NBA is that most basketball players want to be recognized, want to sign sponsorship deals, want to sign endorsement deals. 99% of hockey players want nothing to do with that kind of fame. They are perfectly happy to get paid well for the sport that they love and just go about as normal a life as they can. The issue is, this has been the way the majority of hockey players have been for a while, and realistically it doesn’t seem to change. Now, there are always exceptions to this rule. Guys like Paul Bissonette or Henrik Lundqvist or P.K. Subban want the fame and notoriety. However a guy like Connor McDavid, who is the best player in the world, seems to just want to play hockey and go about his business. Until superstars like him or Sidney Crosby get active on their own, nothing much will change with almost everyone wanting to fly under the radar.

197 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Player prompt

Sea jebus has a pretty cool demeanor when it comes to critism and talk from the outside world. When he has a rough game he knows it and so does everyone else. There's a point though between calling it out and being an absolute jerk about it. Tact is key. There are people that get it and people that don't. There's times when people go too far and name call or are super rude and I think that is because they live miserable lives In their own world. Some people go overboard just to make themselves feel better about how crappy they feel. Most of these critics on social media wouldn't dare talk like that to someone's face. So they hide behind the keyboard and spout of ridiculous insults and say hurtful things. The good ones simply state the fact that you aren't playing that well and you need to work a bit harder for yourself , the team and the fans. That is totally okay to do. Sea usually doesn't pay much attention though to social media because it's mostly toxic and theres no room for that in someone's life considering how stressful this world can be.

PLAYER PROMPT
"I really feel blessed. Blessed that I'm good enough at what I do that I have created entire careers for people like you to sit in your comfy chairs in your studio and take pot shots at players like me. It must be really nice to only produce content that is entirely based off of someone else's hard work, especially when I can open up twitter and find 1000 better takes than whatever garbage is coming out of your mouth within minutes. So, I guess you're welcome? You make all journalists proud, keep up the stellar, important work"

Nathaniel doesn't have time for this media circle jerk. They can say whatever they want. At the end of the day he feels it, the fans let him know and he's not an idiot. He cares, and if he didn't care he would not be this far along his professional career. Sports media are idiots and need to be publicly put in their place every so often.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Hockey Prompt:

Social media as a whole is so fucking dumb.  It would be cool if it were solely used as a way to catch up with old friends, or to stay updated with distant relatives.  But no, it's gotta be one huge circle jerk of politics and religion.  So dumb.  I don't know much about hockey's place in social media because I really don't have any, but I have seen glimpses of The Boys-esque situations in the past.  I see people treating NHL players like they're their heroes.  Being good at hockey does not mean someone is a good person.  Most of these dudes spend their weekends doing blow that was probably sourced from the same cartel that kills hundreds of people getting it to the states.  They are not human rights activists, they are rich kids who get paid millions to play a game for our entertainment.  Its beat that the takeaway I see on reddit a lot about the hockey Canada sexual assault allegations is "Ugh I hope its not myyyyy favorite player who was on that team".  Like dude, someone, maybe even multiple people, got raped and it might have even been systemically supported.  That should not be your takeaway of that news.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]