Create Account

Just unreal sad topic
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2023, 08:26 PM by JURT. Edited 1 time in total.)

After a career exceeding expectations and living through two major curses plaguing him, Jean-Uhtred Söderberg-Trembay is going to hang them up at the end of next season to spend time with his husband and finally help him raise their triplets children.

It's been a wild ride, so much more than I expected when I recreated at the beginning of a pandemic (because I had just nothing to do) after a failed overhyped player that went IA in the mid-40s. There's so many people I need to shout out.

First is going to be @hhh81, without whom probably none of this would have happened. Trips, you took a very late flyer on me in the S53 SMJHL draft, when I hadn't even made an update yet two weeks after creating. You went from GM, to job mentor, to friend, to DM, and you're one of the two most important people that I've met strictly through the SHL but are now so much more. I love you man.

There aren't many left from my first teammates in the Dinogang, such is the way of the J combined with 3 actual years passing since that time. @LordBirdman, @Fluw, @Jumbobone19, and @Ruggsy for one season I believe, might be all that's left from that Dinogang. It's no accident that we bumped into each other elsewhere once we got to the SHL, or maybe will in the future, and that Blue and Yellow still holds a huge place in my heart.

Shoutout to the later crew of Raptors I helped draft, @micool132, @Gordon Bombay, and my most proud moment in drafting @jay2233. Old man jurt is going to embarass you now and publicly say I'm proud of you and the growth you've shown not just as a member of this community but as a person as a whole.

Parlant de semifrais et goudron, toute la bande qui lit ceci et sait de quoi il s'agit. Notre temps viendra mes amis, oui oui!

Everyone who made Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco and Winnipeg places I was happy to call home for a time. Thanks to all the GMs who made it so easy to chase the weird ass dream of winning the first Cup of various franchises (which ended up being a curse once I left Seattle, but that's alright): @JNH and @SDCore, @notorioustig (and the now inactive Reid), @Toast (I already pinged Birdman once). @Ace and @"Rashford", let's go for it one last time.

I obviously have to mention WINLAND. After strong WJCs with my brother @LarryTheMVP, it's been a rough start to my IIHF career. I'm so proud of what we, with @Carpy48, Rash and the others to climb to the top of the IIHF Rankings and establish Winland as the international power of the S60s, which we can close out with a bang by adding a 4th gold medal, and 7th total, this season! Talk about a decade!

Regina, Regina, Regina. It's been hard, and rewarding, being your GM, this doesn't have much to do with my player retiring, but focusing on that team got me through some tougher years for my player. It's my retirement post anyway so I can do whatever the hell I want. So much love for so many of the players that have been on the roster, before and after I left. Thanks to @Thunder39 for taking up the challenge with me, I hope you're doing well. @RenoJacksonHS, you're doing a wonderful job. I think I failed both you and in certain aspects, trying to take on too much without delegating and then wondering secretly why you weren't doing things unprompted. I'm very happy to see the work going on with @blakec1414, a rare FA signing for me before the waivers system was implemented but what a pickup for Regina. Really proud of the management team right now. I also cannot mention Regina without pinging @overdoo. I've said it before and I've said it again, as little often as we've talked it's always been such important and positive chats, and there's no one I would've been more happy to take over for when the need arised.

So many other people that don't really fit in any of these categories. People who I've worked with for the various events I've been part of (I guess it's kind of all of them now), too many to count. Thanks @sve7en for making my transition into the Events Dept Head role so easy, and for everything else in all the other places we've been in together. @ACapitalChicago, @Rangerjase, way too many to count. Other people who are just such great people I couldn't not end up friends with: @mer, @Nhamlet, @SouthPaw, @Wally (and all the shit we went through that was well worth it).

I'm just listing names at this point and this could go on forever, please don't take offense if I haven't named you. Some of you fit in many of these categories one way or another but just elude my mind right now because there's too much for my brain to handle and I don't want to go through the list of users on this site just to make sure I haven't forgotten anyone. It's not like I'm going anywhere anyways, there'll be plenty more occasions for me to tell you I love you.

Oh wait, I almost forgot one.

@sköldpaddor. You know I love you, far beyond anything that relates to the SHL at this point. The League could fold tomorrow and you'll still be one of the most important people to me forever. If trips is the reason I got back in the league, you're the main reason I stayed. I'm so happy that I get to finish my SHL career with you, just the way it started, hopefully with a Cup again. I don't know what else to say that I haven't already told you 1000 times and that I won't tell you 1000 times more, and people will think I'm being obnoxious and dragging this out because I don't want JUST to go but I need to stop rambling now.

On to the proverbial Corpse Season, and be on the lookout for the next one soon

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2023, 08:36 PM by Ruggsy.)

the JOAT

you're a real one

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

Happy retirement, glad that I was awake at 10:30pm to read the forum message you sent 632 days, 19 hours, 19 minutes and 48 seconds ago as I write this message

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

happy retirement, JUST!!!

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Bonne retraite, toute une carrière mais surtout quel belle personne!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

best of luck!!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

i still cant believe you tricked me into taking that regina co-gm job

thanks for that btw jurt, i've met so many amazing people because of it <3

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

On aura notre temps! Je suis relativement nouveau ici, mais c'est un réel plaisir chaque fois qu'on croise nos chemins! On reste proche en âge de joueur, on aura certainement le temps de croiser le fer sur la glace! Bonne retraite!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

It's been our absolute pleasure having you in Winnipeg. <3

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Hell fucking yeah! I'd retire and recreate for you any day!

*Jess don't look*

[Image: Wally.png]

I CRY FOREVER

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

03-07-2023, 09:13 PMWally Wrote: Hell fucking yeah!  I'd retire and recreate for you any day!

*Jess don't look*

my podcast will hear about this

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

im not crying, ur crying

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

It's been an absolute privilege to get to play with you in Winnipeg (and technically Finland). Congratulations on the career, and I hope we get to play again in the next one!

_/ _/ _/

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Was a pleasure winning a cup with JURT, best of luck w/ the recreate!

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers