Create Account

Sim #2's Hattrick picks (3 stars of the week)
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2023, 05:56 PM by Seany148. Edited 3 times in total.)

Welcome back to this small series! After a quick 2 or 3 games sim to start off S70 in the SMJHL, we had a long 4 to 5 games per team (on average) simmed yesterday, and one tenth of the season is now completed! Some player stocks went up, some crashed, and some stayed more neutral than Matiss Ozolinsh’ +/-. This sim saw Nevada ending up with a .500 point percentage after a solid start, while Great Falls took control of the league via point% (Maine still leads hehe). We had even more options this time around, but I believe the three players I have chosen for the league represent hard work and dominated in their own spheres of the game! So without further ado, let’s start (Is this becoming my catchphrase?)!

Sim #2: League

From Great Falls dominating even after losing Hai Nam Hoang to Quebec City not dominating after their star player Jack St.-Clair graduated and joined a worse Canadian city in Edmonton, a lot happened this sim, and it’s my duty to name three star performances. First off, we have the wonderful and amazing Derek Martin, with a solid 8 points in only four games! With this, the Kraken player and fellow Los Angeles Panthers prospect is now the league leader in points, with teammate Johnny Wagner-Svenson being the leader in goals. Those 4 goals and 4 assists caused a 1 point lead on the #2 in points, a player we’ll soon talk about… Despite some tougher matchups, Martin’s inspired play led the Squids to 5 points out of 8, losing two points to the Maine Timber and dropping one to Regina in a shootout loss. As the only player currently at the 2 points per game mark, Derek Martin hopes to keep up the hard work and continue at that rhythm, S70 being his last season of junior eligibility, and the Carolina Kraken looks to show to the league the team can be a real threat. Next, we have a player I’m very familiar with, myself! I’m not biased (hmm…)! Edžus Ozolins, a 3rd year left winger in Maine, has had a good season so far, even though it is still early, and he had a very good sim with 9 points in 5 games, which includes 3 goals and 6 assists in that period of time. This, combined with his 4 points from before yesterday, puts him right behind Derek Martin in the SMJHL scoring race. The tall power forward surprisingly decided to wake up and do something this year, and this led to a 3-1-1 record for Maine in those 5 games. Another impressive statistic, Ozolins has a point streak of 8 games, as he recorded at least one goal or assist in every single game since season start. To end our top 3, we have a Great Falls player. Polyvalent in theory, unidimensional (somewhat) in practice, the passer Tiberius Kane closes this hattrick. With 8 assists in 4 games, and 12 assists in 7 total games, he has one goal in mind, to help others achieve their goals. And he does that very well! While Kane did not find the back of the net yet, his solid passing skills have been a main factor in the great 3-1-0 record Great Falls had during the sim. The Grizzlies needed someone to replace Hai Nam Hoang, and Tiberius stepped up. Whether it’s in a defensive or offensive position, he excels, with, on average, 4 minutes per night on the powerplay and an insane 3 MINUTES on the penalty kill!! Being such a good two-way forward, there’s not much else the management can ask from him, except maybe the goalscoring side of things. Even that is not enough, though, to stop it from being this sim’s 3rd star.

The three stars of the week/sim:
#1 Derek Martin, CAR C
#2 Edžus Ozolins, MET LW 
#3 Tiberius Kane, GFG LW

Sim #2: Team

For the second week in a row, one of the hattrick members is a Timber, and this time, it’s my turn to be the one automatically getting first in the team’s top three. Ozolins, as said previously, is having a very good season start, with 13 points in 8 games. Surprisingly, while he trails Derek Martin by one, the same can be said for 2 of his teammates, as Peter Tingle and Mushu The Dragon both have 12 points. Because I don't like talking too much about myself, I’ll directly go to the second tree of the sim, Ozolins’ linemate Patrice Bergeron. The all around two-way forward had a wonderful sim, with a solid 8 points in 5 games. This includes a 1 goal and 3 assists game against the Yukon Malamutes as he contributed to EVERY. SINGLE. GOAL. scored by the Timber. Trusted by his coaches to play in risky situations, Bergeron had a +4 while playing 4 minutes of 4v5 in that matchup, showing how polyvalent and hard working he is. He basically caused Maine to win that game and was responsible for most of it! What can I say other than that the Ozolins/Bergeron duo shows a promising future for the next two years! I do not have the exact stats for this sim, but Bergeron has had a 53.4% faceoffs percentage as well as a 71 game rating for the season so far. Finally, our 3rd and last tree to be mentioned is Mushu The Dragon! The first line winger started with a decent 3 points in the first sim, but followed up with 9 in 5! Despite being on the first trio, Mushu has a lower average TOI than many other forwards, yet he contributes a ton to the team's success. He also was a +8 in this sim, which is simply great work from our favorite dragon. I could honestly talk about the entire team, considering how good this group is, but unfortunately I told myself I’d only do 3 so there we go!

The three trees of the week/sim:
#1 Edžus Ozolins, LW
#2 Patrice Bergeron, C
#3 Mushu The Dragon, LW

If you’re reading this that means I’ve finished this article in time, which is impressive for me so wooo! Thanks again for reading this entirely, and I’ll see you all tomorrow for my sim #3’s hat tricks! 

1056 words (how.exe)

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]