Create Account

S70 PT #2: The Noodle Incident

Quote:Written Task: What exactly did that reporter ask you, and what was your response? Did you cover the guy's ass to be a good member of your org? Did you put him on blast like he's a Montreal fan and you're Nikita Kucherov after drinking half a bar? Did you pick a fight with the reporter because you found the question inappropriate? Or did you just dodge the question? (150+ words)

"So, here's the thing, not every interaction that gets caught on camera is something that needs to be blown out of proportion. This is an issue that is seen across every major sport across the globe. With the SHL, and especially here in Los Angeles, we see a lot of young players try to make a name for themselves in the league. On top of that, they watch the league's top players and teams growing up and while developing in juniors, and they notice the interactions that players have with the media. So, last week, myself and our video coach had a disagreement over what we saw on tape. I won't get into what the situation was that we were looking at, but I will admit I let things get a little too heated. We've talked about it and everything has been settled. I have a massive amount of respect for the work that he does for us and what he is trying to help us do as we look towards the future. I think I speak for the rest of Los Angeles when I ask that you guys stop assuming you all have some sort of inside read into what goes on between us and the staff. The McCloud has put together a stellar organization from top to bottom, everyone has a massive amount of respect for one another. If there's an issue, its dealt with before anyone in the media knows about it. That's all I have to say on the matter."

-Aleksi Kettu

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Wide peepo happy 3 koivu hates asking the questions after games, he just wants to sit down and reflect what he could help the team win the game and prepare for the next game. He just doesn't like to answer questions to a bunch of media people and it si an annoying part of the job. Normal people don't really need to answer questions after every single day for their job. They just go to work and get the job down and if they do something wrong or there is an area where they could help, then they have to talk about it and find ways to improve upon it. He wants to just get better and not have to worry about being correct with the media it shouldn't be a problem. plus I log a lot of minutes and get very tired after an hockey game.

[Image: hallsy.png]