Create Account

S70 PT #2: The Noodle Incident

ISFL Affiliate IsaStarcrossed

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

PBE Affiliate - Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

philippe eko eel always has time for reporters in the postgame scrum and at this point his openness to questions is so well-established that all the reporters in the locker room are aware and often don't even waste their time trying to get information from the surlier players and come right to the eel instead. Eel does have a certain way of dealing with interview questions though - he's sick of the generic boring nothing questions that often get thrown around like "looks like you won today how does it feel?" or "didn't have your best out there tonight huh?" - he responds to those questions by prompting the reporter to ask a better question. not in a mean or condescending way just to be like cmon you can do better than that buddy! at this point eel is a regular in all press conferences and a favorite at the scrum. reporters know to bring the thought-provoking questions to eel's arena.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Every day in the morning, in the case that he is met with press or media in his activities, Ray rolls a dice to see how he behaves. Sometimes he will comply and answer what they want him to, sometimes he'll just take the microphone and walk away, or anything in-between. You may be asking why, and it is simply because Ray decided one day that it would be funny. He has a whole closet with a giant collection of many microphones from various different reporters and companies. For an interviewer, it can be very high risk of losing equipment but also high reward because it provides a large amount of content which is obviously a very beneficial thing for the company. Plus having a chance to interview such a superstar (0.5 PPG) can be an extremely lucrative and endearing offer for some companies needing coverage opportunities to boost viewership.

[150 words]

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - Media scrums quickly became a source of anxiety for Valieva. The media in Russia is not the same. It is propaganda media, and Ekaterina used to enjoy it a lot when she was an Olympic athlete. In Canada, the media is less complacent. And because Valieva had no experience and her time in Canada was more tumultuous than expected, she maintained a certain distance from the media. She's made headlines a few times in Kelowna, and rarely for good reasons. In her fourth season, she is taking more of an initiative, protecting the younger players and tending to keep the attention on her on tougher game nights. The letter on her jersey goes a long way to explaining this decision, and Valieva is growing a lot this season, even her offensive production is a concern. She continues to be interviewed by the Russian press, however, where her on-ice exploits are greatly exaggerated and her off-ice antics are ignored.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

PT PASS - SIMMER

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

The reporter was up to his old antics once again, pestering Vaseline Podcalzone about just about anything that he can think of. Podz is probably very much used to this by now, but this time around the reporter got incredibly critical and personal with regards to just about everything that he had to say, critiquing the Argonauts' players well beyond the realm of simply their performance on the ice. Naturally, Podz took offense to this. When the reporter then asked Podz why he was making a fuss over "valid criticism", that was when Podz simply started to dismiss his questions and pestering, ultimately taking questions from other reporters.

The next few days saw significant criticism over the reporter. Sure, Podz got some flak over how he may have handled the whole incident, but he still handled it much better relatively speaking. Podz decided to take the high road with regards to the media's inquiry on the matter, simply stating that "it was just a very heated moment for both sides".

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts and feelings on reporters and pressers in general! Do you like taking the questions after the games, or do you dread your number being called? Why? If a teammate gets asked for after a really bad game, would you voluntarily go in his stead? (150+ words)

I do like to take questions after a game, I do kind of feel rude if I don't answer any questions, you know they got a job to do and it's a hard one they're all scrambling trying to get their questions answered and them asking those questions puts food on the table so I can at least answer like three or four questions. Now it's those sneaky questions that I don't like to answer, like if a teammate gets into controversy or something stupid like that and they want to ask me my opinion on it you got to say "next question" you got to have some loyalty when it comes to that or else it's going to really take a toll on your relationships in the locker room, never fall for any of those sneaky tricks. But nice questions like "how do you feel the team played today?" or "How are you feeling after that game?" I have no problem answering those questions no matter the circumstances.

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

SSL Affiliate

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Dirty Boots is always happy to take on the media whether it's after a big win or a big loss. He's the first to praise his teammates for a big play or for being a big part of a win and always quick to defend anyone if the media tries to call someone out for a bad play. The media usually enjoys getting to talk with Boots because he'll give them a better answer than regular responses like, we got to keep our sticks on the ice and get pucks hard to the net. He's usually jeering his teammates on a bit if they're talking to media and give those types of answers. He knows the fans want a bigger reaction and more entertainment from interviews and he does his best to provide that.

Boots will often get asked by teammates to go talk to media for them and he usually will, but will do his best to get his teammates to give it a go and speak for them team as well. He knows he's not the face of the team alone and that others deserve to say their piece as well, but will gladly step in he needed.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Red Kirkby loves dealing with the media. There is absolutely nothing better than facing up to the same regurgitated and unimaginative questions week after week year after year. Is there any life easier than that of a sports journalist? So whenever Red goes out to deal with the scrum he likes to give the most obtuse answers possible. Sometimes he likes to mix it up and act down when they win or super upbeat when they have had a particularly hard game. He enjoys how mad it makes the journalists. On the very odd occasion he gets a question that interests him then he gives it the merit it deserves but mostly he treats media time as a giant piss take. This often means that it is not him that is called for media duty but he does not stop him from getting out there and his team mates are usually more than happy for him to go in their stead.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Creative Prompt

There is a big difference between what's going on behind closed doors and the fights you might have there, and what is said in public and in conversations with the press. Your locker room and the general team and staff facilities are supposed to be a safe space in the best possible sense of the word, in that you support each other but can also speak harsh truths or have arguments, with the goal of resolving them and be better off eventually because of that. So while that staff member and I might butt heads in a team enviroment, maybe even with some yelling or shoving involved, I would not carry that out into the open unless certain lines are breached and inexcusable things have been said and done. I don't believe we are at that point yet so I will try to downplay and be as non-committable in my words to the press as possible, while trying to resolve this issue internally.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

My player has no issue with reports in general, they bring the story of our amazing game to the people and really help spread awareness. It's not always fun, for example, if you're having a cold streak or anything like that but they have a job to do and they do it well. My player isn't really too worried about having his number called. He'd prefer to not have it called but doesn't find it a chore to get up there an throw out some good old hockey cliches. If a teammate has a particularly bad game and they aren't wanting to go out there, my player will go up there and try to be very political about things and give some neutral answers that will be annoying to the people watching. My player likes to be honest though so he is often giving answers the people like even if it's self deprecating to himself.

Code:
155 words

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png]

Written Task: Tell me about your player's thoughts and feelings on reporters and pressers in general! Do you like taking the questions after the games, or do you dread your number being called? Why? If a teammate gets asked for after a really bad game, would you voluntarily go in his stead? (150+ words)

It is no wonder people hate being in pressers during in after games. These guys out on the ice get no help if English isnt their first language. Then they get softball questions like "What were you feeling when you scored that goal?" I make it my job to step in when I see my non-communicative teammates (Cup Noodle) get targeted for these kinds of things because it is just a sham on the part of reporters. Why can't we be asked serious questions that let us demonstrate our skill and mental agility? I look to protect my teammates on the ice and off the ice in all matters. There have plenty of times where I will just add myself to the conversation or crash the reporter bench when I see my teammates faces just fall when they know they are getting summoned. Why? Because I love to talk and make the reporters foolish for asking their asinine questions.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Slavakov is not particularly a fan of media scrums, but at the same time he knows he has to do it as a leader of the Pride. Wearing the A means taking on additional responsibilities and his number gets called for the scrums more than anyone except for Svenson and Bordeleau. It would be nice if we didn’t have to do it right after a game and could do it the next day, but Slavakov understands why reporters want to get players takes right after the game. When it comes to the post game interviews, Slavakov does prefer being able to sit in the press room and do the interview versus answering questions at his locker since he wants to be able to de-stress in his own space before speaking to the press. If someone has a bad game, usually @Caleb because he’s a bust, Slavakov is more than willing to talk to the media in their place.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!