Create Account

S70 PT #2: The Noodle Incident

Prompt 2:
Daniel Grumathan does not like the press and the media. Like at all. It is not that he hates them or anything, but rather he is just a shy introverted guy in general so having to answer all those different questions is just a little nerve wracking and then you also have to think how the public in general is going to perceive that answer. Are they going to take it the way that was intended? Are they going to make some big publicity stunt with it? So yeah basically, Grumathan is just not a fan of the media. Luckily he has mentors and teammates that have helped me get slowly better at it. Or at least better are giving short and general answers that work for basically every question. So that all being said, I think it is kind of a given that Grumathan would absolutely not voluntarily go in anyones stead.

PLAYER PROMPT

Kaapo Kampainen has a love/hate relationship with the media. He doesn't mind them, but doesn't like them either. When he wins and when he's playing great, he doesn't mind speaking to them and laughing at their jokes, but when the team is losing or he's in a bad slump, he would rather be somewhere else to be honest. What he hates the most is when the media tries to create false narratives or try to force him to say a specific answer they're looking for, for their headline. He will never throw his teammates under the bus (like we've seen some people do around here, no shade) and will always stand up for them. When a particular teammate is taking shit from the reporters and sports columnists, he loves to go out there and troll them, just to get under their skin. He knows it comes back to bite him at some point, but at this point in his career, there's nothing Kaapo hasn't seen.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Graphic Task: Show me your player hiding from the media!

[Image: ng74efK.png]

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

The whole task of having to do post game reports does appear to be a necessary evil. There's not typically a lot that can be said especially with the art of media training. With it, players and teams continue to be 'on brand' and show a general level of blandness that appeases what people might want to hear as opposed to what might needs to be said in the moment. Unfortunately there's an element of speaking for the team and the teammates which is both a huge and potentially unnecessary responsibility. I would go with the idea that there could be an opportunity to have a deeper discussion and free the responsibilities of alway needing to say the 'right' thing, celebrating the differences when those opportunities come up. With that being said, that does mean there are going to be select individuals who will shine more in that sort of situation. I would lean towards them being the one to step in front of the microphone if they wanted.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

The staff member that was getting a lot of hate recently for the Philadelphia Forge is none other than their general manager, Max Brannagan. A story came out that exposed many of Brannagan's coaching and general manager methods as being akin to "JK Simmons in Whiplash" and that it has made several Philadelphia players scared of him. Ricky Koivu was questioned on this in a press conference today, and he took the side of Brannagan in an attempt to quell the controversy surrounding the rumours. Koivu stated "Max is pretty unconventional as a coach, but everyone learns to accept how he does things and you grow as a person once you look past it. At the end of the day we won a cup, so who cares really?" Fans across the league were not a fan of the deflection from Koivu, with many saying that success as a result does not excuse the mental torture the Forge players have to go through on a regular basis, but as of now no major problems have arisen in the Forge locker room as a result. (184 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Written Task: Tell me about your player's thoughts and feelings on reporters and pressers in general! Do you like taking the questions after the games, or do you dread your number being called? Why? If a teammate gets asked for after a really bad game, would you voluntarily go in his stead? (150+ words)

paul koivu always hated anything related to media, he is not one that is very much vocal about stuff to start with, and he is not particularly fond of speaking of personal stuff with people. So when reporters come and ask him questions about himself, he already hates it to start with even if the reporter is being very nice and polite. And often reporters are actually not nice at all, they will ask any questions and draw the wildest conclusions to generate clicks. Pul is not about that though. He is very straight forward in his answer and does not leave any space for interpretation, like this no one can speculate on what he meant. he also only speaks on things that he is 100 percent sure of, he will never guess things or speak about stuff he is unsure of. But he will cover for a teammate if need be, he knows how to deal with journalists when they are trying to shoiw people in a bad light.

170 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

My player is actually a fam of media scrums and loves to interact with reporters. When his number gets called he loves answering everything thoroughly and as friendly as possible. He will also defend his players when any of the reporters say something negative about another player. He will take responsibility for a lot of poor performances with the exemption of any of scoochie blunders. If scoochie fucks up them that on him and he can figuerw that question by himself. That being said he's undefeated this seasons so not many chances for the media to mess up with our team when hes on the ice. In the end my player loves to treat his favorite local journalists to a donut and some coffee and they in return scratch my players back by being respectful and helping with PR opportunities for the team (god knows we need them) to do well in the community and for the fans

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE -

When Slip got up to the microphone, he had some explaining to do about his personal assistant, Fall. First of all, the personal side of his moderate celebrity status is not for the public to comment on. However, if this incident increases his level of celebrity and leads to more money for himself (not for Fall), then the public is allowed to engage on this discussion.

Slip needs Fall to be at the top of his game in order to keep Slip at the top of his game. So Fall is only allowed to be distracted by this Twitter attention if it can pay for a second assistant to assist Fall assist Slip. If anyone in the audience wants to be an unpaid social media intern, now is the opportunity to make the case. Again though, we are not interested in making this public unless we can profit.

After making this whole episode about Fall, the press was very confused. As it turns out, the heat from "fans" would be more accurately described as heat from "fan". The reporter who was first to the mic was a Slip McScruff superfan who had been engaging with one very vocal Twitter user who was upset with Fall.

This was all very dumb and no one learned anything. Anyway, this reporter is now the unpaid social media intern for the Slip McScruff brand and the offshoot Fall "Bill" Williams brand.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

you know what? fuck it. the reporter asked e e why he was a fuckin awful hockey player and a bust and so e e unhinged his jaw and swallowed him whole. other reporters were reportedly 'in awe' of the performance . it was kinda weirdly sexy, said one, who defo aint into vore. but honestly, like, can you really blame e e? mandem needs his protein! and also every other nutrient in the human body, as well as like clothing and glasses as shit. Fuckin nerd ass reporters. Fuck em. e e has no remorse and wil not go to jail because he is built different. they're scared to press charges. What if he eats the cops? the judge? the prosecutor? whatever other legal goobers pull up?

but yeah, they'll probably ask him again tomorrow and he'll just preach at em about the healin power of e.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Edžus Ozolins is a team player, so he will never expose a staff member, especially since he loves every part of Maine’s management. He will surely try to deflect the question, as Edžus does not try to enter fights and arguments that are unnecessary, but if the reporter were to insist, he would fight back to protect his friend’s honor. Even if Ozolins had issues with them, he’d never publicly put the spotlight on someone else due to an internal conflict and would solve the issue with the person, without needing to let the fans know. A question that might be asked is what exactly was the conflict, for example, and that does not concern anyone other than the involved people in the situation. Nevertheless, the Latvian youngster will never ignore a journalist’s question because he also respects their work and will usually give them something, like a quote, that they can use for their articles to replace the drama.

160 words

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Yeah Noel hates it when the media asks for him to be available for post game interviews. He is just not really the kind of guy who has ever liked doing public presentations and whatnot so doing press conferences can be pretty rough for him. Especially after a rough game and some tough questions thrown his way, he can get a little flustered and isn't the best at answering things in those situations. He does his best not to answer with all the typical hockey player cliches but that can be hard too when you're on the spot. Regardless of a win or loss he just doesn't really want to do the media availabilities. If it's a tough loss he just wants to shower and get out of there, and if it's a nice win he wants to enjoy it with his teammates. So either way, dealing with the media sucks.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

player promtp

ya ok so you wanna know what the main stream media in this league is like then well buckle up cause theres quite the layering of swamp that needs to be drained a couple dozen times over to get at the core of these shitapples so first of all i will always take questions from the media and do everything i can to protect my team from their insufferable agenda and isms i have many years of battling the left wing agenda on many social media platforms and having to see all these stupid tik taks of zegrees and other curly headed skin and bone americans daring to call themselves hockey players flipping the puck around like this is that dumb ball game that pretends to be hockey with its jock straps with netting on sticks running around like goofs anyways i will always take on the media because rejecting the new age fake news is my life and hockey is just a bonus

Hockey reporters for the most part are either boring and ask the same dozen or so questions, or something so stupid you feel like it’s a joke.  There are hockey journalists who do great work in either explaining the game of hockey in terms of strategy or management, or shine a light on the “excesses” of the sport, but most ask complete air.  This doesn’t even get into the reporters who are trying to provoke a reaction to get engagement like that one reporter who ended up saying “why are you so pissy?” to Leon Draisaitl.  Even then reporters won’t rock the boat too much.  You don’t see many reporters really grilling players like Provorov or Reimer about their bigotry, it’ll only be a “why do you think that?” and nothing else.  This is pretty much why I’m as generic as possible when talking to most press cause they’re just as boring.

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

Vrana prefers to allow his on-ice performance to do the talking, but he is contractually obligated to engage with the media post-game from time to time. Petr considers himself a leader in the locker room, with his multiple seasons of SMJHL experience at this stage in his career, so after a poor team performance, he is willing to step up and take accountability/face the music for the team result. Vrana certainly does not jump for joy at the opportunity to speak to these individuals looking to stir up conflict and click-worthy articles, but if a teammate is uncomfortable or unsure of what they plan on saying to these journalists, then Vrana is always more than willing to improvise and put on his poker face for the media. There is always a member of the media that follows each team in the league that has no respect for the players, the game, or the organization and stands up to push their own agenda, and Petr is unafraid of calling that individual out when they cross a line.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2023, 02:20 AM by diacope. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'll be honest my player is shy and has tried to avoid any reporter ever in their career but there has been some great questions and good laughs to help create more of a story so they aren't all bad. The types of questions I enjoy getting asked are the simple ones, how are you, what did you have for lunch or anything more general because it helps cut the tension in the room and helps a overworked mind come up with better answers when a hard one comes, obviously if I'm having a bad game I would rather not answer anything so nothing helps in those situations, I end up scrambling, have shorter answers and sometimes repeat myself so I try to keep it to a few a season and watch how my teammates speak first to get the team vibe.. Can't say in any situation would I step up for my teammate though, instead I'll teach them how I've dipped and dodged through the cameras and flashing lights xD

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon