Create Account

S70 mPT#2: The Bookworm

Both Grogu Mandosson and Duncan MacKenzie have learned a trick from Eero Makela and sit with their noses so deep into a book that you can see what’s on the pages in their eyes. And it’s not text. They always hide a magazine inside their “fancy” book so they can sit and watch ladies while traveling.

Words: enough

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Well, he's not on the team anymore but it was Slip McScruf for awhile. The dude would bring these massive (800+ page) fantasy books and would just disappear in his seat for the entire trip. Sometimes a coach had to prod him to break his trance, he got so involved in the novels!

Good books too!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I hate to admit it but it's me, Jeff Lewis, who has his nose in the books during plane rides and down time. Usually they are programming books since that is also a hobby of mine when I'm not playing hockey.

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png]

Its me, I'm the book nerd. You can always catch me with a classic Agatha Christie novel featuring the detective Hercule Poirot. Cannot get enough of the old murder mysteries honestly.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

The nerd in our group is definitely Ivan Lacksamus. I mean, hes pretty lacking in some areas and is always looking for that edge that no one knows about.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

The one who reads the most on the Pride is Toasty. He’s always reading wrestling biographies so he can learn the best way to live the party lifestyle.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

High scoring LA Panther's rookie Adam Prpich is the biggest bookworm on the team. He is repeatedly caught reading books such as "How to play hockey for dummies", "Top ten tips to trick your teammates into thinking you are a good player", and "What is a goalie: A beginners guide to hockey". It is always great to see the rookie taking the time to learn the sport!

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

the biggest nerd on the anchorage armada is probably daniel grumathan. whenever we're in the locker room having a break or some shit like that danny's got his nose in some stupid book

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

It would definetly be Uskjal himself. Wheter it is light novels like Dune, ASOIAF or material such as All the light we cant see or Ask the Dust, he reads them all. Since books are a collection of the worlds wisdom which you can hardly absorb aswell through another medium.

I have seen Crystal McLeod (@echlyrica ) reading the Art of War a few times. I have tried to encourage her that these tactics don't always translate well to the game of hockey but anything to get that competitive edge she says. Knights

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I've had a couple people mention me already, but they're probably right. Wisconsin herself would also be that way, except she wouldn't really be reading manga like me, it's more like she'd be reading poetry or maybe something non-fiction. Now that I'm thinking about it, she'd be like that old man who just really likes reading up on wars and such. It's not "comforting" to her, but it's something she understands.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Petr cannot halt his thirst for knowledge, as such it is he who constantly reads on the plane and the bus between games, on his journey to became the greatest player to have ever lived.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Viktor and myself are the biggest nerds on the team. We have a book club where we get to chat about our books of the month during our team travels!

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

Makrus "The Tater" Jager is the nerd of the wolfpack. He's always reading something about pokemon, and if he's not reading it then he's telling someone about what he read.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Probably Pork Tenderloin, although some of the new recruits might give them a run for their money in being a book worm. I could see Levin Schattenaxt with their nose firmly buried in a book as well.

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]