Create Account

S70 PT #4: Mano a Mano

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Please note that this year's "Story Mode" description does NOT mean that you must tie the PTs together in order to receive TPE! You are also NOT committed to one prompt chain - feel free to hop between them from week to week!

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - It's all coming to a head, the personality clash cannot be ignored anymore. You and your organizational rival have a direct conversation to settle this.

Written Task: Tell me about your player's conversation with his organizational drag. How does it go? Do they see the light? Are they an ass to the end? Do you realize he was right about some things all along? Or does the conversation go to hell in a handbasket and the situation becomes completely untennable? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player argiung with a skills coach, or anything similar!

PLAYER PROMPT - How does your player feel their career is going?

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player with their favorite personal trainer / skills coach!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, April 23rd at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Dear Diary,

I can hardly believe that it's been years since I first started playing hockey. It feels like only yesterday that I was a young boy, lacing up my skates and dreaming of one day making it to the big leagues. And yet, here I am now, a professional hockey player with a career that has had its ups and downs. When I was playing in the junior leagues, everything seemed to come so easily to me. I was a star player, racking up goals and assists left and right. I won awards, was named to all-star teams and became the 3rd best forward to ever play in the SMJHL points wise. I thought that success would follow me into the big leagues, but it hasn't been quite as easy as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I've had some good moments in my professional career so far. I've had some big games, and I've even scored a few game-winning goals. But overall, my career hasn't been quite as successful as I had hoped it would be. We've only won one playoff round in my entire career so far. It's frustrating to work so hard all season long, only to come up short when it matters most. I know that I'm not the only player on the team, and that we win and lose as a team, but it still feels like a personal failure to me. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to achieve the kind of success that I had in the junior leagues. But then I remind myself that I'm still young, and that I have plenty of time to turn things around. I just need to keep working hard, staying focused, and believing in myself. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to lead my team to a championship. Until then, I'll keep pushing myself to be the best player that I can be, both on and off the ice.

Sincerely,
Oles

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Player Prompt

There is a lot to be happy about with how Jack St. Clair's career has progressed to this point, and a few things that he wishes could be a little different. When it comes to regular season success at a personal level, JSC feels that he has a lot more to offer. Over 4 seasons in his minor career, the statistics put up are really just meh. Only once was he able to achieve a point per game which came in his final season with Quebec. The trend of meh seasons has certainly carried over to his rookie season in the SHL where he is far off the mark being put up by his fellow rookie class. 

On the other hand, playoff JSC is a whole other beast and I certainly am not going complain about how that part of his career is going. Three finals appearances in four seasons, finally winning the cup in his last shot where he set all sorts of records on his way to winning playoff MVP. 

Internationally, never able to get it done at the WJC level but was able to help bring home gold for Team Canada in the IIHF tournament.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2023, 11:44 AM by Eggcracker.)

Player Prompt:

I feel like Alvin Wong's career is heading in the right direction. He has already seen drastic improvements in all statistical categories in his sophomore season in the J. With the help of the GMs and coaching staff, he was able to trim some bulk and focus in areas that really accentuated his strengths on the ice. All this work has paid off as he now leads the Yukon Malamutes in points for the season. In terms of areas that I may have wanted to change or do differently, there isn't much I would change. I feel like my progression is going well, and am now in the top 10 of my draft class after climbing up from 19th spot during the SHL entry draft. Already having an opportunity to play in the postseason and the WJC tournament, there has been a lot of learning opportunities in my career so far. The only regret I would have is not winning a cup for the Yukon Malamutes in the SMJHL.

171 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Player prompt

I could technically already call this player my "chance to do it all over again" because I'm playing goalie again. I'm coaching myself, so for everything I do or don't do I only have myself to blame, but I wouldn't change anything. So far I wouldn't say my season is exciting, but I only have one other season to compare it to and in both seasons I am/was the backup goalie so there isn't really much data to look at. Of course you always expect a great season and you always expect to improve since you're upgrading attributes little by little, but the 350 TPE cap in the J doesn't help here and I practically haven't upgraded anything this season. I'm contributing to our overall team wins, I support the starting goalie on my team - who luckily has a much better season - and that's all I can ask for right now. Next season when I can go up in TPE a little I hope for a slight improvement.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

PBE affiliate

DorkDipplet -> DirkDigglet PBE Affiliate claim

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Player Prompt

I feel that my career with Jack McCarthy has been off to a decent start. Individually, you will not find McCarthy filling up the stat sheet night after night, but that is not the player I was going for. This season in particular, I feel that I have individually took a step forward as I have been able to be more solid on defense while adding some more offense to the team. There are still plenty of areas I can improve on, and I will continue to work this season and in the off season to really get where I want to be. What matters more to me is team success. So far in my career, I have experienced highs and lows. In my first season, we were able to finish high in the standings and advance to the second round which was a success. Last season, we struggled a bit more and this season we have not been able to stay consistent. Before my SMJHL career is up, I am going to do all I can to get Regina a championship and until that happens, I'll have a tough time being fully satisfied with my SMJHL career.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

PBE Affiliate 

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=573114

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

Simmer PT Pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently?

I am quite happy with how Tibuk's Development has continued to this point. There was a point earlier on in his first year of Junior where I was questioning were we making the right decision but at this point I am satisfied with the results we've been able to produce. One of the things we've really working on is Tibuk's hockey sense and positioning. We really wanted to nail down the core technical skills before moving onto more athletic based skills. I think those core skills have provided a better chance at success and have given Tibuk a really good foundation to build off from. There are of course plenty of area's to improve including some skating and puck handling abilities. Skating is the more pressing skill we'd like to develop because obviously we are playing ice hockey here not field hockey so lets get that up. Puck handling has always been a bit of lower priority component of Tibuk's game that I think can be worked on as we get into the higher tiers of core skills.

(185 words)

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights