Create Account

S70 PT #4: Mano a Mano

i cant be unhappy with how connor o'byrne's career has progressed so far, given that he has had 3 straight point per game seasons and this past year with the calgary dragons he massively improved his ability to score, leading the shl in shooting percentage, at 26.2%, nearly doubling his previous seasons shooting percentage, while still maintaining solid playmaking ability and getting plenty of assists. that being sad, i do feel slightly disappointed connor o'byrne wasnt more of a two way player, as in the smjhl connor was an excellent defensive center while providing solid offense, but once he made the shl the defensive strength went away in favor of scoring points and contributing to the offense of the team more like a traditional center and now connor is a much less unique player and is more like your average center. it is slightly disappointing connor didnt develop into a great two way player but i am happy with what he currently is.

Player Prompt:

Theo Kondos is an old man now, and he knows it. I had a deep thought this offseason on what I should do, retire, chase 1000 career points. Well considering I am still playing you can assume the answer. My hope was to average close to a point per game this season, but I was far from it. With the season in the books, my quest to 1000 just got longer, baring any season where I can over produce, but the chances of that slim. My career started off great, and first 6 seasons were great. Winning rookie of the year, 2 challenge cups with the renegades. However, the back half of my career has been a bit of let down outside of winning the Darr award. Point production has been struggling, and team success in the playoffs has not been where we all have hoped. This season will be another deep thought on how I plan to continue or retire with Kondos.

160+

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Written Task:

Hey, its me again.

This has definitely been an interesting first 2 seasons. I fell way further than the draft than I honestly expected to. Heading in to it I knew I would not be taken in the first couple of rounds. But as the night went on and the names kept coming up that were not me, I began to feel very discouraged. A team eventually took a chance on me in The Quebec City Citadelles. My first season was a great one, as a rookie I was one of the biggest contributers and even was nominated for and given awards on a championship winning team. My second season while it has been good for me, Quebec City is really struggling. While I am discouraged by the bad season, I know that we will rebound within the next year or so. After that it will be on to Toronto and begin my SHL career.

[Image: smurfunkel.png]
Sig By @enigmatic

SSL Affiliate

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Fitted believes his career is okay as chat got get basically runs his life at thisnpoint because Twitter ate kybsandhwich I took for break today all in all it was an okay time cuz. My phone screen also broke because that's what being tough and hard is all about baby ,. Need to get your weight up to get on my level. So for all u scally wags that wanna talk low on fitted name come see me cuZ I'm all about that action and yinz are not cuz yinz are soft as cream of wheat. Come time for the weak to get wicked it's all about damn time to see fitted just killing it out here you can't come find the kid. So please can you for one second try to find out where daddy is. When will breakfast be ready please excuse me for my childish antics and wahoo. Keep it in your mouth next time you punk I'm the peak of men

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Player Prompt

Ashford is fairly happy with his development, he definitely had his breakout season this time. Vancouver are on the rise and after two disappointing outings they are a force to be reckoned with now. Hopefully this trend continues. His entire goal was to be an offensive force, able to score and help his teammates score, dictate the pace of the game and just be a threat everywhere. He was able to improve defensively at the same time this season and it helped his team put up some big numbers. Not quite sure if he's ready for the big league yet but he's definitely more ready that he was a while ago. Things have been developing about as well as one can hope at this state of their career. Even though he has been contemplating hanging it up recently, even though he's playing great his heart is definitely not in it anymore. Not sure what the future holds honestly.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

This career has been quite a ride. A long stay in juniors was exactly what I needed to accelerate my trip up into the top 6 after arriving in the league. While I have been a bit disappointed in my overall offensive production throughout my career, I also believe that our team success had been a result, in some part, due to my attention to the other half of the ice. Being a defensive minded center for a top team in the SHL is never a fancy role, but is absolutely a critical part of any good centers toolkit. Winning in both juniors and the SHL has really given me perspective about what I want out of my experience as a player and the entirety of my career. If I could wrap up my career as a journeyman who finds his way to yet another cup final and be part of a Challenge Cup championship roster, that would be the perfect sunset to what has been a pretty great career.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

You see opposing team having success. It happens, you can't win them all and that's just a certainty in life. But you play for LA, the Panthers, and you bleed orange and teal. So when that team happens to be a couple hours away and dons a stupid lion on their tarps, it just makes you sick to your stomach, its as simple as that. There can only be one team in California, and it can only be the Panthers, that's all there is to it really. When I saw @Toast walking by, all smug, smiling from ear to ear after beating us 7-1 back in November, I couldn't help but intervene, nip that attitude in the bud. I don't play for the Panthers yet, but i'm proud to be part of the organization. ''Toasty? the only thing toasted about you is your ability to add 1 and 1, maybe slow off on taking hits eh?''. I think I struck a cord. Head down, he waltzed away, but I saw it in his eye, I should probably watch myself when I get to lace the skates for LA next season.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2023, 08:42 PM by Sebster. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL Affiliate: Sebster

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

Egli has always been a team player, personal achievements are great and all, but at the end of the day it isn't worth anything if you can't bring home the cup. The Maine Timber also have a pretty incredible locker room, there aren't too many guys in there that out themselves before the team.

All except one.

Now, this happened a few seasons back but Egli couldn't let it slide any longer. That Cale Salad guy had to be put in his place. As the captain  of the team on a long run in the playoffs, Egli had to make an example of Mr. Salad. It all started in October, everyone was excited for Thanksgiving and being a foreigner Egli was invited to a dinner with a few different members of the team - and that's when it happened. That night he saw Cale Salad eating his roasted turkey with ketchup. Like a fucking Barbarian. Can you believe that shit?

He had no choice but to let SoithPaw know.

Do you think it's a coincidence that Cale was called up the next season?

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

This is me during a training session... my wife is my favorite trainer.

[Image: XQszuB2.jpg]

[Image: gurbs.gif]

When asked to reflect on his development thus far, Bergling had this to say:

"Well I feel like i had some good stretches this year and similar during my time in Newfoundland but it's been a little too streaky for my liking. Ideally I'd like to bring a game that's consistent at both ends of the ice and right now it's inconsistent at both ends. I don't know if that's because I seem to be taking leaps in my development at spread out intervals instead of a slow steady increase like everyone else, or if it's just the way things are going right now and maybe it will sort itself out as my career continues to play out. I don't think hindsight is particularly helpful here, I can't just retire and start my career again so we'll just keep it going and see if I can get the ship tightened up here for the playoff run. That's the goal and I'm sure it'll be helpful for my development too."

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

My (Pablo Salvatici my player not me as a person which I'm sure you gathered from the context that this prompt is phrased in) big rival in the Atlanta Inferno organization is the general manager @hotdog because he kept telling me to train but I kept telling him that I'm old and out of my prime so I don't need to train anymore. This came to a head this season because he told me he would trade me if I didn't train but I got mad and said I was still scoring so what did it matter if I trained any more. He eventually won out so I trained and look at that I scored even more points. So in the end he was right and I accepted that I would have to train if I wanted to continue scoring points. Then we hugged it out and made peace and became friends again and he said he wouldn't trade me.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

ISFL Affiliate
Username: Jumbo

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

We're getting a fair bit into my career here, and have spent time across a couple of organizations and a s a result have had a few different batches of ideas into the game instilled on me. I think generally, the braedth of opinions has served my career well, as it allowed me to focus on parts of my game that I never would have without the guidance. The management of my teams have been crucial to my development as I begin to be a more successful player at the pro level. There is still obviously a ways to go, but I am confident that they will help take me to where I need to go.

Time management skills were something that had caused me an issue in the past. Continually putting of training, gym or related activities which had me crushed for time and sometimes not getting in all the work that I need to. I've been working on that so that I may develop better, and get to the gym and training sessions on time to ensure that I become a more valuable part of the Dragons organization.

While overall I have been very happy with the guidance from higher ups in my orgs, if I were to get another chance, I would make sure to work harder in practice and the gym to really try to max my potential

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]