Create Account

SMJHL NEWS HOUR #3

Welcome to another episode of SMJHL news! We are rapidly approaching the finish line now SMJHL fans and there has been a ton of action of recent. Teams are starting to make big moves as they look to get their rosters into playoff ready shape and the League has been set ablaze by a new points leader. Let’s dive right in!

PUNISHMENT:
Nothing to report in punishment. GOLD STARS for everyone! Keep up the hard work and keep it classy SMJHL friends and family. If you all keep this up you will receive cookies at the end of the year, but if one of you is bad…looking at you @Ruggsy, no one gets anything.

TRANSACTIONS:
There has been a lot, so bear with me…:

Colorado Raptors were quick to nab Defenseman David Anderson, despite a generic name, David has come out of the gates looking like a superstar. He is the exact image you would expect when you think of two way defender, incredibly talented in both ends of the ice. Coming from London Canada and billed at 6’4”, 210 lbs, he is everything every SMJHL team looks to build around in the back end of a team. Good luck David in you SMJHL journey, when you are tired of wearing the blue dino on your chest you can put in the trade request to play for another team.

The Newfoundland Berserkers finally had an opportunity to add a free agent and they picked up a left winger that was hang around the market. Heem Team, Heem is a two way forward billed at 6’4, 235 lbs, a mountain of a man. Despite having the size of a semi-truck, Heem doesn’t hit like one. Talented in almost every other area of the ice, essential so Heem can play a solo game, on him’s own team…thank you I will be here all night. So far Heem has a slow rise in stats but that could pick up by the time the Playoffs roll around.

The somewhere up north sinking ships…I mean Anchorage Armada managed to pick up a future star! I am not sure what happened, probably blind folded, tied him up and dragged him all the way from his home in New York to Alaska but here he is Johnny Shuffleboard. At 5’10” 180 lbs, Johnny is a bit smaller for most defensemen, and while good in his own zone, he is a MACHINE in the offensive zone. The future QB for Anchorage’s powerplay has arrived. It will be interesting to see how they grow around him in the future.

Ummm…has anyone been checking on cheating scandles in Maine. They signed ANOTHER rookie UFA! WHAT THE HELL. For those of you needing to keep up, they have signed to rookie UFAs, traded for another (one more we will talk about soon), and drafted 3 talented players. They went from a good rookie year to a banger of a rookie year! This time it is Doug Varela 5’10 center weighing 179 lbs soaking wet. To say Doug is undersized is a fair statement, but this is the SHL, size counts for nothing at all. To be honest it is early for Doug, I am not sure where he is going right now in his SHL journey. He has a cannon of a shot and solid offensively for a rookie. Defensively he has some great things we have seen but needs to read the plays better. Keep at it Doug, you have the makings of something special.

Kelowna has found a new key cog to their offense and brought in a steal. Welcome to the Knights KEVIN KIM! Kim is an offensive machine, MACHINE! He has all the makings of an elite center billed at 6’, 200 lbs. The boy can shoot, reads plays extremely well and is good at getting open, with incredible speed. A future goal scorer for sure. With an addition like this the Knight’s roster was carrying a +1 and needed to make some room.

Odd person out was Morgan Delfield a fellow center, in a solid move by both team’s management they Maine Timber and Kelowna Knights came to an agreement and moved the previous 5th round pick for a future 5th round pick in season 72. Morgan an active member in the league still learning the ins and outs could become a steal of an addition to the Maine if they can get Delfield on track. That being said, right now, Maine’s loss (of a 5th round pick) is Kelowna’s Gain!

DAMN THERE HAS BEEN A LOT GOING ON AND WE HAVEN’T EVEN HIT THE DEADLINE YET!!!!

CONGRATS:
To Bender Junior, first person to cross the century mark this season! 100 points, 49 goals, 51 assists, 226 shots, 21.68% shooting percentage, 163 hits, 18 power play goals, +32 rating…all top ten, most top 5 in the league for these categories! JUST GIVE THE GUY THE MVP FOR THE SEASON! Well if he can keep this up.

The Kelowna Knight’s Goaltending Duo! Individually they are both having a top 10 seasons in the league, they are the combined best duo in the league, and it can’t be understated how impressive that is. The Knights do not sit in a playoff spot if either of these goalies faulter. The fact they both have stood on their heads to keep the Knights in it playing an even spread of games making it difficult to find a groove and keep it is outstanding!

OOOH I’M SORRY:
Johnny Shuffleboard, you have come into a tough spot in Anchorage. I think you are going to be their franchise piece moving forward they build their team around but you have a tough finish to the year to go through first. GOOD LUCK in the draft and I am expecting big things from the boats next season.

We are down to the wire here folks I can’t wait to see how the rest of the season shakes out as teams fight for the president’s trophy or footing into the playoffs. 10 games to go and 4 days left! Good Luck to everyone but specially the Kelowna Knights!

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

I'm highly offended that my placement on Anchorage isn't considered a punishment

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

04-18-2023, 02:35 PMmee Wrote: I'm highly offended that my placement on Anchorage isn't considered a punishment

Right now you might be the golden child. With Finn and Barg lol

Sig by Lazyeye
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

04-18-2023, 01:04 PMspidey Wrote: PUNISHMENT:
Nothing to report in punishment.  GOLD STARS for everyone!  Keep up the hard work and keep it classy SMJHL friends and family.  If you all keep this up you will receive cookies at the end of the year, but if one of you is bad…looking at you @Ruggsy, no one gets anything.

That you know of

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

04-18-2023, 03:52 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: That you know of
Ninja

Sig by Lazyeye
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Yeah! The Kelowna duo is amazing! Great people, great goalies.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!