Create Account

A Guide for Newbie Users to SHL
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2023, 03:27 PM by spidey. Edited 2 times in total.)

Don’t be an asshole, you may be surprised that would be the first thing I have to offer you as advice, but if there is only one thing you take from all of this as a new member and apply it to your everyday life within our community it would be this.  The people who go about trying to ruin the lives of others often find they are best case ignored, worst case removed from the site and not welcomed back, so don’t be an asshole.

We are a social group, introduce yourself and interact with all of us.  We chat about everything, do not hesitate to join a conversation, you will get a chance to meet new people and create long lasting friendships. 

You will need money, a lot of it in the SHL.  The second thing you will need is TPE to improve your player.

Do not worry if you miss something or feel overwhelmed, no player has ever completed every task while earning every possible TPE available.  There is so much to do, even I feel like I am missing important opportunities from time to time.  That is ok, you don’t need to be perfect here, you just need to be active and have fun.

Start Chriping right away, it’s the easiest way to make money in the league which will be important for your player’s build. https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=758

Be creative, write media articles, do graphic designs.  Even if they are terrible (look to a lot of mine for example) or repetitive (look to a lot of mine for example), this is where most of your money will come from.  Need some ideas, write about your players journey, hopes and dreams, where do you think you will go in the draft, talk about the logos of each team, why you joined the league, conduct an interview with an existing member.  https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48

Look to Player Progress, there will be a few items you can do right away as a new player, this one will earn some of that desperate money, https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=45210. Typically, you will find a lot of tasks available throughout the season, keep an eye on this area once a week there should be something new to do.  Completing these tasks will provide free TPE to improve your player.

You can find the bank over here https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=96939 this is where you will buy weekly training, more TPE! 

Don’t worry soon you will be drafted and you will have your own team’s locker room to join.  The conversations and relationships build much quicker within the locker room.  You will meet some great people.

If you have some free time, want to help contribute to the league, or feel the need as you grow to take on a job there are always plenty available.  You will see posts show up sporadically through out your time.  Jump on board.

If there is ever an issue with another member, try to talk to them civilly first on a private message, don’t drag it out across the server or in media, it just makes both of you look bad.  You would be surprised how often a calm conversation can help alleviate an issue.  If it doesn’t reach out to your GM, a member of our head office, they can help get resolution.  Here is a list of HO personnel:

SHL HEAD OFFICE:
Chevy
Frenchie
Fluw
NYR73
Lore
RedCapeDiver
ACapitalChicago

SMJHL HEAD OFFICE:
ACapitalChicago
lespoils
Ace
notorioustig
Bayley
TheDangaZone
brickwall35
Toast
aleks

Don’t be afraid of the extra’s the league has to offer I.e. fantasy league.  It’s ok to not know the players, jump on and copy other submission from other fantasy leagues or just ask for help.  We will all be there to guild you.

Choose your nation carefully in IIHF, there are advantages and disadvantages to any country out there.  Some are difficult to get into because they are log jammed with talent.  Missing out a month of play time because you can’t crack a roster is not fun.  Some are easier to join but can find it difficult to compete.  You may also become the key cog that builds a nation to become more competitive.  There is no right or wrong answer, just make sure you pick the right answer for you.

Have fun!  If nothing else make sure that is priority one otherwise why are you here? 

And as I said before, don’t be an asshole you will find everyone here wants to help you succeed and help you along the way, only if you are not an asshole.  We are all excited to have you be a part of the SHL.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Such a great read! I always like your medias about the upcoming prospects. (I had 38% for learning comprehension)

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

This should be pinned and be seen to every new prospects.

Thanks for this Spidey Smile

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

05-02-2023, 12:14 PMAnthique Wrote: This should be pinned and be seen to every new prospects.

Thanks for this Spidey Smile

Honestly I was kind of hoping it would be. I really put some passion into this one.

Sig by Lazyeye
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Really different from the funny ones you made, but yeah with a little tune in we can put it somewhere to be seen by everyone.

Some people already have made something similar, so we should look at them and made one and maybe send the link by private message in the welcome one?

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

In the end that is an HO decision. But I think there is merit there.

Sig by Lazyeye
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

05-02-2023, 10:46 AMspidey Wrote: SHL HEAD OFFICE:
Chevy
Frenchie
Fluw
NYR73
Lore
RedCapeDiver
ACapitalChicago

What the heck man

[Image: izzy.PNG]

05-02-2023, 07:30 PMaleks Wrote: What the heck man

Litteraly copied and pasted from the site. Update the site better.

Sig by Lazyeye
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

I agree that it should be pinned!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!