Create Account

My Personal SHL Ranking
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 02:32 PM by spidey. Edited 3 times in total.)

I want to preface this by saying, I would be happy to play anywhere in the SHL. I believe each team has great people on it and in 2-3 seasons the landscape of each team and the SHL as a whole will be different. That said, lets take a look at which teams I would most like to be drafted too, and why.

1. The San Francisco Pride: pride
I just learned this week that San Francisco is a city within Puerto Rico…news to me, I guess that is the public education system that has failed me. (This is an old joke from slightly before my time, just made aware of it recently). In honesty I love the logo, the name and I am excited at the prospect of playing alongside a lot of the people there. They are an up and coming roster that should be starting to peak as I am coming into the SHL, meaning there would be a ton of opportunities to make a run at the cup.

2. Calgary Dragons: Dragons
I called Calgary home for a lot of seasons on my first run. I love the Dragons, the history in the organization and there are some great people currently in the locker room. I am really interested to see the direction Boom takes the Dragons as the new GM. I have nothing but faith in her.

3. Seattle Argonauts: Argonauts
Another logo and jersey I really like. I think the Argos are a great team and could be on a cusp of a major rebuild. It would be a lot of fun to enter the SHL and kick start a rebuild. This is a team that I believe will be a complete wipe when I come into the SHL and becoming the absolute focal point for the offense moving forward would guarantee a lot of personal success.

4. Philadelphia Forge: Forge
Maybe I am crazy, but it feels like the Forge are built to be a consistently good team, they have great depth across the roster and a ton of great young players. Their prospect system seems a little spar so picking up a potential player like me could boost the pool quickly and I could naturally grow into a spot as their older talent retire.

5. Los Angeles Panthers: Panthers
They look like another good group of people, and they were one of the first to scout myself (bonus points). I love their logo and jerseys; Los Angeles is a great place to live and play…or so I am told. I don’t think I have ever been fortunate enough to be in a locker room with both Wasty and Frenchie so I would like to one day.

6. Manhattan Rage: Rage
Much like the Calgary Dragons I spent a stop here with one of my recreates for quite a few seasons. I left before winning a cup and feel like there is a ton of unfinished business to take care of. There looks to be a lot of great people there, maybe one day I will come back to win a cup there.

7. New England Wolfpack: Wolfpack
Hey! my current General Manager and Co-General Manager play for this team! I know the locker room will be a great place with good people. Their prospect pool is starting to look a little thin right now, so it would be a great place for opportunity later.

8. Chicago Syndicate: syndicate
Love the logo and the team colors are sharp! Limited prospects right now, so not a lot of competition as I enter my prime. The locker room seems to be filled with great people; I don’t really see a downside here.

9. New Orleans Specters: Specters
They have a lot of great prospects coming up in their system and a good buddy of mine in @Jiggly_333. Their roster is also built to see a lot of players leaving the team in the next 3 seasons or so, so there could be room to work myself up in the roster. Plus have you seen their third jersey! LOVE THAT JERSEY!

10. Baltimore Platoon: Platoon
They have one of my new favorite people in our league just joining their team next season (@MikeLuit I will miss you on the Knights). He has spoken highly of this team and his GM, and I trust him. The logo is solid. Besides Mike almost everyone else on the roster is new to me, and I enjoy meeting new people, could be a fit?

11. Winnipeg Aurora: Aurora
If we were going for logo and jerseys alone, this team would rank much, much higher. I really love their logo and jersey. There seems to be a lot of room for a future player in the next few seasons which is nice, but I feel like they will hover somewhere between a rebuild and a playoff team with their current prospect pool and their current roster’s age.

12. Buffalo Stampede: Stampede
I love their logo, hate their jerseys…not sure what else to tell you there. I am not sure how I feel about their roster’s build. They have a few players in their prime doing well, a lot about to regress, and another group of young active players about to fill all their future spots. I am not sure what would be available here as I progress.

13. Texas Renegades: Renegades
As a Raiders fan I love this team’s colors. I used to hate the logo as it was an obvious rip off of the Las Vegas Raiders (then Oakland). Now they have developed their own identity while keeping to their roots I really enjoy it. That said, their jerseys themselves irk me a little as I don’t find them pleasing to the eye. (The different color stripes in the main jerseys and the odd break in the third jersey). I am sure you can see I am a passionate Raiders fan. Their roster is filled with people I would love to play alongside however, so that should make them higher on the list, but the jerseys…

14. Minnesota Monarchs: Monarchs
I am not a fan of their logo, but I love their jersey…odd because they are very similar to the Stampede in color. There is so much talent right now on the Monarchs and coming up through the pipeline I just don’t feel I would get a chance to shine on this roster. I think I would prefer to go elsewhere.

15. Edmonton Blizzard: Blizzard
They have a ton of controversy right now, but honestly what team/General Manager has not had controversy? I feel like the logo is a rip off of the New England Wolfpack. Canine looking to the side off into the distance, slanted lettering. It feels like a downgrade in my opinion, but their Jerseys are amazing. Their roster is stacked with talent right now and won’t regress until I am at my peak leaving little room for me find a spot.

16. Tampa Bay Barracuda: Barracuda
I love, love their jerseys. I hate, hate the logo. I could go on a paragraph about the logo, but I focus on other reason. It feels odd placing them in this spot, they could have room for a talented winger in the future. They only have few of those in their pipeline. They also have a few of those currently on their roster. There is something about Florida I am not drawn towards.

17. Montreal Patriotes: Patriotes
You would think Montreal would be higher on my list. Aging group of forwards leaving plenty of room to grow into a role in the future. Very few prospects leaving less competition for a top role. But I am not excited about Montreal, could be the logo, or the colors, could be the uncertainty of the roster. Not sure but have little desire to end up here.

18. Hamilton Steelhawks: Steelhawks
On one hand a historic franchise in the SHL. But I have always felt they were the Anti-Dragon franchise. May have been a personal level, but I had always disliked the Steelhawks. That same hate still lives through me today. Would I demand a trade if I was drafted here, hell no! But the old hate is alive and likely the only way to change that is ending up there.

19. Toronto North Stars: Stars
As a person who lives outside of Toronto within Canada I hate Toronto by birth rite. SO…It’s Toronto reason enough to be this low on the list.

20. Atlanta Inferno: Inferno
This is a cross between the old SMJHL Prince George Firebirds (whom I hated) and the NHL team Calgary Flames (whom I hate). Two strikes already and I have not even looked at your roster, which I am sure is filled with lovely people. If drafted here, I will let you know Calgary was my last place team when I entered the SHL back in season 4, I was drafted there in season 5 and stayed there for many, many years and loved it!

Good luck to all the General Managers and upcoming prospects at the season 71 draft both SHL and SMJHL!

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Wow Texas is so low! I don't find the jersey is that bad, but good to know that you find our roster appealing haha!

But we don't have a pick in the first round, you will probably not be still around after that. But good luck!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Oh god I need to respond back to you haha. I’ll bet on that

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Are you telling me you don't want to be a "Florida man..." news headline?

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

05-02-2023, 02:03 PMchetib Wrote: Are you telling me you don't want to be a "Florida man..." news headline?
Hahahaha that is fantastic!

Sig by Lazyeye
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

The San Francisco Pride aren't based out of San Francisco, California?

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

05-02-2023, 04:36 PMRainDelay Wrote: The San Francisco Pride aren't based out of San Francisco, California?

Apparently not?

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=79929

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Fran...d_San_Juan

Don't ask me. Lol

Sig by Lazyeye
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

05-02-2023, 04:42 PMspidey Wrote: Apparently not?

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=79929

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Fran...d_San_Juan

Don't ask me.  Lol

No it is CA lol, check team info

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

sad!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

05-02-2023, 04:44 PMRainDelay Wrote: No it is CA lol, check team info
Oh it 100% is, but a user tried to argue at one point that it was in Puerto Rico, thus the link. Which I find absolutely hilarious that is the first place your mind goes when someone says San Francisco

Sig by Lazyeye
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

05-02-2023, 05:21 PMspidey Wrote: Oh it 100% is, but a user tried to argue at one point that it was in Puerto Rico, thus the link.  Which I find absolutely hilarious that is the first place your mind goes when someone says San Francisco
samee thought it was in FL, apparently.

samee doing samee things.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Oh my friend, you've really brightened up my day! You would be a perfect match for BAP's locker room.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Winnipeg will be good forever with the yeoman's work Rashford and Ace do every season

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

hey now edmonton's logo is a vulpine not a canine smh

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

As a Sens fan I can relate to the irl Toronto hate

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia