Create Account

Wilson looks to make the Jump
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2023, 04:38 PM by dustywilson22. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dusty's 3rd season In the SMJHL comes to a close and even though the playoff success didn't come. Just being there means a lot to how Dusty's adventure has been In his career. What we have seen From Dusty Is his pretty good Defensive Grade that many can say he's playing his defenseman role very well and many know if his playstyle being a defensive defenseman when out there on the Ice. So let's see what happens from here shall we?

**Beginning of transcript**

-Dusty can be seen in his Knights apartment just looking around- "It's almost time." -Dusty gets up off his bed and heads to the facility for practice-  Coach Hammer speaks to Wilson, "Hey man you doing alright?" Dusty nods, "Heck yeah man I'm doing great, just trying to stay focused as playoff time Is approaching." Hammer smiles, "It sure Is, hopefully this time we go a little further." -Dusty gets on the ice and they start doing powerplay kills-

-after practice Dusty walks to his locker and starts getting undressed- -He hears a phone call- wipes the sweat off his face with a towel and wipes his hands as well before picking the phone up and see's It's a number From San Francisco. -He picks it up- "Hello?" "Dusty are you ready to be apart of the Pride Officially?" Dusty's eyes just light up, "Are you serious? Who Is this?" He laughs, "It's me Coach Hayden of the San Francisco Pride. You know the team that drafted you?" Dusty chuckles, "Yeah I remember It's just been a minute. You know Kelowna Weather been freezing my mind haha." Coach Hayden then says, "Well what do you think of making your way here for next season?" Dusty excitingly says, "You know I'm ready Coach. I can't wait to be the best for you out there." Coach Hayden, "Hey you just do what you're best at and all will fall into place. See you soon kid." "You too Coach."
-Dusty just smiles as he finishes getting dressed and walks out of the facility to head home- He gives his agent a call, "Yo you know about me being called up?" The agent answers, "I sure do, It's already moving fast man they sent a email my way would of preferred a call but oh well." Dusty says, "Yeah man they called me directly though. Coach Hayden did." The Agent like pauses, "He called you directly??" "Mhm" "Dude That's awesome Dusty!! A Coach knowing your name means a lot man." Dusty says back, "I know man I couldn't believe It, I didn't even know It was him at first I thought someone was playing a prank on me." The Agent chuckles, "Trust me i thought the same thing, but your time Is here man. Does Coach Hammer know yet?" Dusty thinks, "I'm sure he had a intuition about It as he asked how I was doing. So I'm sure some news Is going to come his way pretty soon." Agent congratulates Dusty, "Well Still man big congrats to you. Remember though Kelowna Is still your team at the moment. Need to perform." "Will do man. Talk to you soon."

-The season continued for Kelowna as they would match up against Yukon in the 1st round and game 1's and 2 would look good for Kelowna. But the their ultimate demise would see them be eliminated- Coach Hammer would walk into the locker room- "Guys this definitely doesn't describe the type of players you are. I'm so proud of how far we came as a squad as even being In the playoffs Is a blessing guys. There was plenty of times you competed even when most would of said just for you guys to bow down and accept your fate. The difference Is you didn't. You guys are really the best group of guys I've had come through here especially to you rookies. So please don't put your heads down on this one." "Yes sir!" "Now I have some news for you guys, This was my last time coaching the Knights as I've accepted a job into the New England Wolfpack organization." -Everyone claps for Coach Hammer- "Yeah Yeah guys. It's an awesome feeling for sure. But It's bittersweet with the way things ended here. So to you guys I owe you everything as you gave me every bit of heart you had on the Ice." "Knights on 3 guys!" 1, 2, 3! "KNIGHTSSSS"

-The moment was a sad one as just as many know. This game Is a business and you will see guys come and go. It was now Dusty's time to go soon as well- -Dusty would walk into Hammer's office as he calling guys in one at a time- "Well Dusty, i'm sure you know. But I got the call when the playoffs first started. I'm so proud of you man. You've come a long way really and I know you've shown the J you are a top defender. I only hope you exceed expectations in the SHL Itself. As for myself I hope you don't beat my squad over there. haha." Dusty smiles, "Yes sir. It was a pleasure having you as my coach. I never thought about ever being called up I knew It'd come one day. But now that It's so real. It's almost like im dreaming.." Hammer puts his hand up, "Dusty live this dream man. You don't have to think about the what If's anymore. You're here and proved all those wrong. Now I love you man and Wish you nothing but luck In your career."

-Dusty walked out the locker room as everyone all hugged and left the arena after a tough loss-

-The next day everyone was called to the ice and to be in full gear- Coach Hammer calls everyone to the middle of the Ice, "The reason i called you guys Is I want one last practice. Thats all i ask. I know It's over for some of you guys and some will be back next year. Just one last practice go hard and give me your all."

-The practice would see everyone just smile and give their all- -Just everyone enjoying this last time together with this squad- -Once the buzzer sounded- -everyone could be heard tapping their sticks on the ice as It was time to hang It up for those being called up or forced up- "Alrighty fellas, to those still going to be here please just stand on the center line and cheer your brothers on, to those leaving the Knights. One. Last. Shot. One. Last. Chance." -It would show the few guys going and scoring their last goal as they skated off the ice- -Dusty was up- Coach Hammer looked at him in the eyes, "One last time Dusty we know you weren't a scorer. Just one last time on this ice baby." -Dusty moves his skates on that ice as fast as he could, had the puck on the toe of his stick. He brings the stick back into the shooting motion and slaps It in one last time- Dusty feels the emotions overwhelming him as the other players stay with coach and talk about next season and who their next coach Is.- Dusty get's dressed and kisses the logo in the middle of the locker room as If to say goodbye for sure that way.-

-Dusty packs his apartment up with stuff that was truly his and left the rest of the Knights stuff up as they were going to give the apartment to another player to have- Dusty would look back at the place one last time, "It was fun, time for me to make memories elsewhere." -He closes the door behind him as they go to turn in the key to the Kelowna Receptionist-

-at the airport Dusty and his agent await their flight to San Francisco to be ready as Dusty says- "So at least It'll be hotter there?" His agent laughs, "Yeah much hotter, but lets make sure you get hot on the ice and not off it?" Dusty laughs right back as It's time to make new memories and put a mark in the SHL.

**End of Transcript**

Through 198 games Dusty put up 18 goals, 73 Assists for 91 Pts. His plus minus being 18. 199 Takeaways to his 54 giveaways. 242 Blocked shots, 438 Hits, finished with a 64 Grade overall. His defensive Grade average being 71 and his Offensive grade average being 55. Fans should expect the defensive numbers to go out right along with maybe a better offensive output in the future.

So Far Dusty hasn't been bad, but could always be better and that's just what he expects from himself. We watch with close intent in how his career with the Pride shall go!

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]

05-07-2023, 12:41 PMdustywilson22 Wrote: Dusty's 3rd season In the VHLM

sus

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

05-07-2023, 04:00 PMLime Wrote: sus

Hey man im defenseman in both and couldnt focus ill fix it now thank you!

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]

Great career so far!

We'll see you on the ice, I won't make it easy for you Wink

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]