Create Account

Los Angeles Announcement

[Image: Rz9e0eN.png]

For an organization that has existed 65 seasons in the SHL, the Los Angeles Panthers have not celebrated the achievements of important players and users from its history as much as we should have. Through 65 seasons this organization has seen 3 Challenge cup victories, multiple Hall of Fame players, and a great number of award winners. Members who have left a lasting impact on the organization and the SHL community as a whole. We as an organization have not made it known how much we appreciate all those who have helped shaped Los Angeles into what it is today, but that changes moving forward.

Today, the Los Angeles Panthers are introducing the Los Angeles Walk of Fame, not to be confused with the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but similar in theory. Highlighting important players and users throughout the organization's history, these players and users will have their names enshrined in the history books for their contributions to the organization, whether in the sim or in a different capacity. We will be announcing throughout the upcoming season different players and users who will be given a star on the Los Angeles Walk of Fame, starting today with a few notables from the organization's early seasons.

Where would there be a better place to start than the organization's first win. On July 8th, 2011, the Los Angeles Panthers made their regular season debut against none other than the Vancouver Nightmare. Following three hard fought periods, the Panthers came away with a 3-1 victory, headlined by a stellar netminding performance from none other than Eddie " @efischermann " Fischermann. Fischermann stopped, from my count, 28 of 29 shots to claim the first victory in Panthers history.

[Image: LAP_legends_fischermann.png]

When you win your first Challenge Cup, you don't forget it. Unless you're the SHL and you forget to save indexes, in which case, you forget a lot of what's happened and how its happened. Thanks to the bit of tracking the SHL has done over its history, we may not know who scored the game winning goal for the Panther's first Challenge Cup win, we do know the user who built the team who won it. Deener may have only been the General Manager for two seasons, but it was the first two seasons of Los Angeles's existence, and he managed to turn a 13 win expansion team into a 38 win Challenge Cup champion squad in their second season, winning the Presidents' trophy as well. He may not be around anymore, but he will always be remembered in the organization.

[Image: LAP_legends_deener.png]

The third inductee to the Walk of Fame is a name that many of you may know, and many of you may still associate with Los Angeles. The longest standing General Manager in Los Angeles history, @Wasty managed 41 seasons and over 2000 regular season games with 3 President's Trophy wins, 5 Finals appearances, and 1 Challenge Cup victory back in S17. When I entered the league, Wasty was as synonymous with Los Angeles as JKortesi is now with New Orleans, if not more so. Los Angeles would not be Los Angeles without Wasty's contributions to the organization, as the two current logos were products of Wasty's imagination and creation.

[Image: LAP_legends_wasty.png]

Keep an eye out as we plan to induct more players and users into the Los Angeles Walk of Fame over the course of this season. With such a long history, we have a lot of time to make up for. Congratulations to the first three to be inducted into the Walk of Fame!

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Oh that's cool! Let's go!
Panthers

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

I like the idea of a walk of fame rather than banners in the rafters. (Or in addition to)

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023, 06:00 PM by Zerg. Edited 1 time in total.)

I love this as a way to learn team history for those of us new to the org, too. Great stuff so far, love the writeups!  Panthers

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Nice idea!

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

I'm so incredibly proud to be a panther and to get to call this team my home. I'll bleed orange and teal until I lace them up for the last time! Panthers

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

05-15-2023, 07:01 PMFrenchie Wrote: I'm so incredibly proud to be a panther and to get to call this team my home. I'll bleed orange and teal until I lace them up for the last time! Panthers
If you bleed, please contact a doctor.
Go Panthers !!

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Pretty awesome to be recognized like this...as a member of the inaugural Panthers team this is pretty special to be back for this kind of recognition. Thanks man!!

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Awesome addition, go Panthers <3

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

[Image: yes-blake-shelton.gif]
Thank you @FuzzSHL

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

This is awesome!!

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Congrats to all. :D

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

GOATs

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Great stuff!

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

@Wasty

Cheers

Well deserved for the man with the sexiest knees in the SHL

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]