Create Account

Chirper Payouts

I have been tracking this for a bit, hoping it would get back on track, but felt it was time to post.  By my calculations I am short $2,200,000 from Chirper.  I have gone back and checked every one of my posts against the week of that Chirper release and provided it in this spreadsheet.  I know for many this isn't a large amount however I don't have a lot of time to devote to the game so I depend on this to help better my player.  I don't want to be left behind so I actually took a cheaper Coach training this season since I didn't want to wait any longer and affect my player or team  I know at least one GM has brought this up to the attention of management but I haven't seen any progress so I thought I would bring it out here. 

This isn't just a "We're a week behind" situation, I haven't been paid out for the last 4 weeks of Chirper, which is listed in detail in the spreadsheet.  Please take some time and review.  It's always possible I made a mistake however I don't believe that's the case here.  Some of us really depend on this source of income for our players.  Thank you for reading.

PS - Posting back to back is still silly.  Just make a single post a day worth $200,000.  It's the right thing to do.

Very interesting. It looks like I was paid 2 weeks ago, but not last week. Certainly some inconsistencies!

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

I haven't posted last week and I haven't been paid I demand justice

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

This is currently being investigated.

I don’t know about it being the “right thing to do” to lessen the engagement required, but we can maybe talk about making a rule that you can’t do it back to back.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2023, 06:35 PM by sköldpaddor.)

05-29-2023, 06:34 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: This is currently being investigated.

I don’t know about it being the “right thing to do” to lessen the engagement required, but we can maybe talk about making a rule that you can’t do it back to back.

Also, for what it’s worth, to the best of my knowledge this uses an automated grader of sorts. I promise nobody is being excluded or shorted money deliberately by a human, but there might be something wrong with the sheet.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

05-29-2023, 06:35 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: Also, for what it’s worth, to the best of my knowledge this uses an automated grader of sorts. I promise nobody is being excluded or shorted money deliberately by a human, but there might be something wrong with the sheet.

Please understand, I am not suggested any of this was being done deliberately. It just didn't seem to be going anywhere through other channels.

Quote:I don’t know about it being the “right thing to do” to lessen the engagement required, but we can maybe talk about making a rule that you can’t do it back to back.

I'm not suggesting to make it require more time between posts, trying to fit the requirements that existed in twitter doesn't make sense for Chirper. If you require time between posts in the same day that would be worse in my opinion. Think of this from a user standpoint. There is very little to no benefit in making someone post twice in one day, immediately back to back or staggered. In twitter it made some sense as it exposed the site to users that aren't already a part of the SHL community. There is no external audience in posting to Chirper on these board with no way to draw in more users. There is no benefit to your current users in positing twice, only inconvenience.

05-29-2023, 07:54 PMWheels Wrote: Please understand, I am not suggested any of this was being done deliberately.  It just didn't seem to be going anywhere through other channels.

I'm not suggesting to make it require more time between posts, trying to fit the requirements that existed in twitter doesn't make sense for Chirper.  If you require time between posts in the same day that would be worse in my opinion.  Think of this from a user standpoint.  There is very little to no benefit in making someone post twice in one day, immediately back to back or staggered.  In twitter it made some sense as it exposed the site to users that aren't already a part of the SHL community.  There is no external audience in posting to Chirper on these board with no way to draw in more users.  There is no benefit to your current users in positing twice, only inconvenience.

The hardest part of anything we do is getting it "graded" and getting it "paid out". As much as those limitations would be nice and I totally agree they would drive more engagement. Its not easy to code a "grader" for that. Back when I first started as a banker Twitter was all Manual submissions. You would have to post your tweets, keep track of the links, and then submit a custom transaction for money and link the information.

Bankers would have to check that all 3 tweets were done within the stated week. They would also check to make sure you didn't submit for the week before. In addition, you could tweet for weeks, and then post numerous weeks of tweets back to back. 

A big thanks to @luke who ended up coding a twitter grader that helped to automate that task (and who currently runs the chirper grader). 

If you ever want to talk suggestions, please feel free to shoot me a DM. Happy to chat more to make things better if at all possible!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Hey I wanted to revisit this. I just received a payment of 500k for what I confirmed is supposed to be Chirper 475 (#17) by Ferda.

I did some digging and this is the group I was paid out 500k with:
6 chirps: Aephino, leviadan, Marcul_le_depanneur
5 chirps: Anthique, EmoLeBron, JT3, Southie, Z0REM
4 chirps: Reedy0rNot

This is a small sample size of some inconsistencies with the autograding.

I also noted that if this latest payment was for 475, I was paid for one un-dated Chirper since 472, meaning one payment was missed (unsure if it is 473 or 474).

I'm really not trying to call anyone out; I just want to bring to light the Chirper payouts. <3

06-13-2023, 02:15 PMAephino Wrote: Hey I wanted to revisit this. I just received a payment of 500k for what I confirmed is supposed to be Chirper 475 (#17) by Ferda.

I did some digging and this is the group I was paid out 500k with:
6 chirps: Aephino, leviadan, Marcul_le_depanneur
5 chirps: Anthique, EmoLeBron, JT3, Southie, Z0REM
4 chirps: Reedy0rNot

This is a small sample size of some inconsistencies with the autograding.

I also noted that if this latest payment was for 475, I was paid for one un-dated Chirper since 472, meaning one payment was missed (unsure if it is 473 or 474).

I'm really not trying to call anyone out; I just want to bring to light the Chirper payouts. <3

Code:
Ferda — Yesterday at 7:27 PM
so i named it all wrong as chirper 474 when its 475
but it is done
ppl get money thast whats importante

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2023, 02:44 PM by Aephino. Edited 1 time in total.)

06-13-2023, 02:23 PMRangerjase Wrote:
Code:
Ferda — Yesterday at 7:27 PM
so i named it all wrong as chirper 474 when its 475
but it is done

Just to confirm so we're all on the same page:

1. Ferda posted 500k under "474" (Chirper #16) payouts, but they relayed to me that it's supposed to be 475 (Chirper #17)

2. I compared the Chirper 475 payout group to the Chirper #17 posts by user and listed above the correct amounts

3. I realized that if the last payout was 475 and not 474, I am missing a Chirper payout (and others likely are as well)

quick outline of my bank account for further clarification. yes i realize i look a little insane Smile

[Image: CHIRPER.png]

06-13-2023, 02:58 PMAephino Wrote: quick outline of my bank account for further clarification. yes i realize i look a little insane Smile

[Image: CHIRPER.png]
Is there anything I'm supposed to notice?

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

06-13-2023, 03:12 PMSeany148 Wrote: Is there anything I'm supposed to notice?

1. Chirper 475 (wrongly named as Chirper 474) payouts may be incorrect for users (in my case 500k instead of 600k)

2. One of Chirper 473 or 474 has not been paid out for all users (to the best of my knowledge)

06-13-2023, 03:16 PMAephino Wrote: 1. Chirper 475 (wrongly named as Chirper 474) payouts may be incorrect for users (in my case 500k instead of 600k)

2. One of Chirper 473 or 474 has not been paid out for all users (to the best of my knowledge)
It was a joke with the big text
Just do like me and forget Chirper :D