Create Account

S71 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?
Written option: 150 words on the above
Graphic option: Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S71 SMJHL Rookies (S72 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, June 11th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

In my opinion, every team in the league above my team is a rival. we are always doing everything we can to get ahead of the next team above us by getting more points and more wins. I can't speak for the rest of my team of course, they will have their own thoughts on this subject. i believe the reason were not doing as good as we should, is just the fact that we have rookies, such as myself that just got drafted and are still adjusting to the team dynamics and trying to find a place on the team. There may be team that we have a bigger rivalry with due to maybe we hit a player to hard, or there was a bad call they did not like. it could also be that they just wanna show us rookies how they do it in the big leagues and show off. whatever the reason may be, the entire league is considered a rival in my books.

[Image: 6bk5sdD.png]
                                    Sig by LazyEye

The St. Louis Scarecrows are a bunch of hockey players who I could call many bad names. We do not like them in Detroit. Just the way it's always been. There may even potentially, hypothetically, be a discord emote to remind you in case you forgot. It was one of the best experiences to beat them in 7 games on the way to a Four Star Cup back in the S53 playoffs. Now we fast forward to this season. So far, we started by beating St Louis 6-2 and 7-2 at home. We haven't played away, but we know it will be a dogfight. They'll clearly want to beat us because it's honestly embarrassing they got destroyed by us. Even in a season when Detroit is just trying to avoid last place, we have the rivalry fuel our team. I wrote a Deep Dive how based on expectations at the time of writing, Detroit and St Louis were poised to meet in this season's playoffs. Whenever these two teams play it is electric, so we would in store for an all-time series.

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

I have not followed the league as much in the recent seasons to tell if there are any actual rivalries going on, so I am (possibly) creating a new one. A good rival has to be someone with a similar status in terms of where the team is at. Looking at the standings, Anchorage and Colorado have the same exact record (8-12) as Quebec City, so those would be good ones. But as Colorado is even in the Michael Fitted Division with us, that would be a sweet rivalry. Colorado and Quebec have some other relation in the hockey world, but I can't put my finger on it. So nothing personal against anyone in the Raptors, but we are rivals now, that's decided. I am looking forward to facing you on the ice and bringing my A-game. Hopefully we can face each other in the playoffs during my stay here, because it would definitely be a fun matchup!

[Image: sulov.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2023, 09:38 PM by trashae. Edited 1 time in total.)

Oh boy.  With the new divisional layout since the J expanded rivalries have been a bit fluid, but that doesn't take anything away from the immediate loathing I felt towards St. Louis the second I was drafted to Detroit.  I'm still learning the history of our rivalry with the Scarecrows but our games against them are something else.  Each one of them feels like game 7 of the Four-Star finals.  Since S53 we've only played them twice in the playoffs with each team taking one of those series, but that S60 series getting swept in round one has haunted management for 11 seasons now.  We're in a rebuild at the moment and for the vast majority of the games we're just looking for positive signs of development from our rookies, but for six of the games this season the message is clear in Detroit: Heck STL.

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, with me being a newbie to the league and to the Detroit Falcons, all things point towards STL, that was made very clear from day one. I'm not fully sure on the reasoning behind it, could be due to a previous championship, the reasoning does really matter to me, I'll support the team no matter what. With STL being our rivals, it feels really good to have beaten them twice so far this season even though we are struggling as the season started, all is well knowing this. STL may be the teams rival, but Trevor Lahey appears to have his own rivalry with the Krakens, Sith Happens. While not much of a rivalry, Sith Happens has it out for Trevor for something that happened in a 13U Championship game many years ago. With that being said, Trevor looks forward to his next encounter with Sith knowing that the Falcons will soar above the Kraken.

SKRREEEEEEEEE

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Well, I don't really have any particular opponents in mind since I've never been one to really despise anything though I did have some strong personal opinions in the past that I don't quite weigh that hard these days. That said, as you might have seen on this thread by the point I write this, two people were already throwing vitriol toward the team I've been drafted for.

So for the time being and with full awareness that we were not the ones to start things here, screw the muppets who think making bird noises are an exceptionally clever sign of brotherhood and not just the closest thing to a second-rate Circus de Farce this side of the planet. Don't know exactly where it comes from nor do I quite frankly care for our current record but I will take pleasure in seeing them suffer once we do beat them when it matters the most. Nothing personal, just self-defence.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

For me, I think it is Nevada who is my biggest rival as a member of the Berserkers so far. You might say, "But Sean, you haven't played a single game against the Battleborn yet!" Irrelevant. I see them out there, leading the league in scoring (with the Zerks in a close second). It should be illegal the crazy amount of firepower playing for them with Ivanova, Junior, White and the list goes on. As a shutdown defenseman, it pains me to think about all that offense, and naturally, I want to shut it down.

Starting with our first meeting, 2037-11-24. I've got my focus on slowing this team down. Goals, assists, these things don’t interest me. I’m coming for the takeaways. I’ll be dishing out some hits. They’ll think they have an open shooting lane and then out of nowhere I fly in for a blocked shot. Now x10 all of that with the rest of the defensive core up in Newfoundland that are much more skilled than me.

Looking forward to battling it out with Nevada this season.

Berserkers

[Image: MV5BMTM0Y2FmYTktYWU5Mi00ZDBmLWIxZTMtZTUz...c._V1_.jpg]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Although we have already played, and lost, 3 of our 4 games against them this year, I'm gonna have to pick Regina as our rivals. We are currently 0-2-1 against Regina which would be quite the cause for concern in a rivalry, however I am confident that we will beat them in our final matchup as we have perfectly good excuses for all our previous losses, the first one with us being the away team and losing in the shootout, and the other 2 coming on the second half of back-to-backs for us. With them slightly ahead of us in the standings and our projected points being so close, our final match in Carolina will be highly important for where both teams start in this years playoffs as our two teams fight over the sixth seed. This seeding is highly important in the playoffs as the seventh seed is most likely to be placed in the same bracket as the first and second seeds while the sixth seed is guaranteed a spot in the bracket with the third and fourth seeds, a prime spot to cause upsets to get into the finals. With all that said, I cannot wait to see Regina at our home ice again, and I know we will be ready to take them on this time and fix our rivalry record.

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

I definitely would have to say Detroit would be, even from the little I have been in St. Louis I can tell the guys in the locker room don't like those boys up north. My first couple of games were against those boys and they werent pretty. I wish we would gotta the better of them atleast in one of the two games but I know we will get their number the next couple go arounds we have we those guys. The better expect hard, fast hockey against us because we are not just gonna get walked all over like that again. This rivalry will not be as one sided as it has been in our previous encounters and I hope Detroit is ready because these guys from the city of music are raring to have another go at the falcons. I may not know the history of the two franchises that well but I can assure you that I'm bound to making more history on the ice

The biggest rival of the Vancouver Whalers is the Kelowna Knights. The battle of British Columbia, i'm told. Regardless, Remington Richardson III is looking forward to mixing it up with those dirty chuckleheads from across the province.

I can understand why these two squads are rivals. Domestic disputes out the yang. This province isn't big enough for the both of us type things. It's like in RR3's home country of England. London versus Manchester. Those two cities are in constant competition for glory, just as Vancouver and Kelowna are. Through twenty-five games, it's no surprise to fans of RR3 that Vancouver is currently ahead of their inter-province rivals.

Vancouver has six more wins and eleven more points. It's a long season and anything can happen, but right now the rivalry is trending one sided in favor of the good guys. We'll check in with both sides in a few weeks and we'll see how things are progressing.

(167 words)

[Image: image.png]

OOOh buddy, we're going there! So the rivalry I'm looking forward to is my personal vendetta enemy, Detroit. During scouting, they seemed about as interested in my services as a kid would be about getting braces, best not to engage. In the super brief interaction, one that I had to chase down myself, it was left at me telling them, "guess I shouldn't count on seeing my name on your draft board..." You know, I'm happy that just yesterday we whipped their candy asses and I had one of my best overall ratings of the season against them. A rookie defender that has been all but ineffective all season was able to get a +2 against them. Guess you could say that they learned a very valuable lesson: when scouting talent, it's probably best not to poke the bear! All I can say is Sorry, Not Sorry.

152 words

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

It’s tough to have a rival when you’re a new player in a meeting. With Mr. Wolf, he doesn’t really have any rivals. He’s coming to the league, he’s been very excited and he just wants to play hard. The fact that he’s off to such a strong start, goes to show his work ethic. However, if he wants to pick arrival, I think he would have to go with the Kelowna Knights. While scouting during the off-season, and prior to the draft, Kelona reached out to Mr. Wolf and had a discussion with him. At the end of the day he didn’t end up going to Kelowna. He’s very happy in St. Louis, the team is doing better than he thought, and he is doing better than he thought he would. While the Kelowna organization isn’t in his headlight beams at this current second, I think, as his career goes on, St. Louis improves, and so does he, that the rivalry is going to become a lot more. Until then, he’s going to work incredibly hard and making himself a better player. He is excited to smack around some knights in the future.

As a member of of the Vancouver Whalers I have a simmering hatred for the Kelowna Knights. Alberta is ours and we are the kings of the realm.  Kelowna may think they're  honorable knights but the truth is they're nothing more then uneducated illiterate peasants playing pretend. The province of British Columbia belongs to the Whalers and we'll prove that over and over and over again. There's nothing these pompus Knights can do to break the strong bond between the Whalers and the community. Also, who the hell cares abut Kelowna? I bet you seventy five percent of Canadians don't even know where Kelowna on a map. Whose the most famous person to come out of Kelowna? I have no idea. Vancouver is an empire of new edge art and a world renowned tourist city. Kelowna just some place out in the sticks where a bunch of goofballs think they can play hockey against real men. \

That's it. That's all that needs to be said. Kelowna sucks, Vancouver rocks.

Quote:169 Words