Create Account

S70 WJC Awards

Hello All!

What a rollercoaster this last WJC tournament was! I first off want to thank everyone for their patience as we worked hard to resolve every issue that arose this past tournament. Putting those issues aside though we were treated to one of the best WJC tournaments that we have ever had. It was a tournament filled with upsets and teams working together to achieve history! I want to start by congratulating our Medal 

Congratulations to Team British Isles on winning the S70 WJC Tournament Gold Medal! ?
Congratulations to Team Sweden for winning the Silver Medal! ?
Congratulations to Team Ice for winning the Bronze Medal, their first medal in federation history! ?

Now comes the time where we honor the individual performances in the tournament. The five trophies awarded to the exceptional players of the tournament are:

DeMaricus Smyth Award

This award goes to the best forward of the tournament. Last year's winner was Victor Hargreeves (BI). The nominees for this year are:

Mr. Gray T White (USA) @iStegosauruz
Erik Bergmark (BI) @NYR73
Adrian O'Rugg (BI) @Ruggsy
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez (World) @Samsung virtual assistant

And the winner is Mr. Gray T White from USA! Congrats!

Harvey Danger Award

The Harvey Danger Award is given to the best defenseman of the tournament. Last year's winner was Nathaniel Barca (CAN). The  nominees for this year are:

Sven Petterson (SWE) @SledgehammerPete
Liam Logger (BI) @SloppyPainter
4 Chainz (BI) @Dewalt27
Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk (SWE) @MCP_

And the winner is Liam Logger from the British Isles! Congrats!

Peter Larson Award

The Peter Larson Award is given to the best goaltender of the tournament. Jeff Newman (BI) won the award last year. This year's top three nominees are:

Brandt Heeler (UCORCAL) @zeburgs
Sam Conroy (ICE) @Dean_Melanson
Jeff Newman (BI) @Lumosityfan

And the winner is Jeff Newman from British Isles for the 2nd Tournament in a row! Congrats!

Alex Andani Award

The Alex Andani Award is given to the best rookie, or first timer, of the tournament. William Tree (FIN) won the award last year. The top three nominees for this year are:

Johnny FourStar (SWE) @Whikadoodle
Finn Weiß (ICE) @TnlAstatine
Brock Samason (World) @brocksamson

And the winner is Johnny FourStar from Sweden! Congrats!

Brady McIntyre Award

The Brady McIntyre Award is the most prestigious: it is the award for tournament MVP. Last year's winner was Viktor Hargreeves (BI). The top three nominees for this year are:

Jeff Newman (BI) @Lumosityfan
Erik Bergmark (BI) @NYR73
Mr. Gray T White (USA) @iStegosauruz

And the winner is Jeff Newman from British Isles! Congrats!

Spotlight Award

In addition, we dedicate one award to a user that has gone above and beyond during the tournament. This award is called the Spotlight Award and is voted on by all WJC nations and the Head Office. This award is given to an individual who is dedicated to the tournament and displayed outstanding drive and passion for the WJC. The winner of this award has given a lot of their time to the success of the tournament. Incidentally, the nominees for this year are very similar to last year. As it turns out once again though, the simmers and team are very important to us. The winners this year are:

@Blitz and the rest of the sim team 

I would also personally like to shoutout my special thanks to the IIHF Head Office, @By-Tor, @Gumbaman, @Frenchie and all the WJC GMs for their help during this tournament. I know it was a bit of a bumpy ride but I look forward to the direction in which the WJC is headed! Thank you again to all who helped and Congratulations!

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

woo! go WJC!

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]