Create Account

S71 PT#4: Not My Stadium!
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2023, 06:29 AM by Froste39. Edited 1 time in total.)

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Broken ground!

As the puck drops and we find ourselves playing in a college arena, our players have mixed feelings. Some love the wild energy and crazy chants from the crowd. They get pumped up by the loud cheers and it fires them up to give their all.
But hey, with crazy fans comes some wild stuff too. We had this one fan who tried to dive from he ranks onto the player bench, only to be met by Piastri's fist. Kind of sad, that they had to boot that fan from the game, I personally found it to be very funny. (Don't hate on me Piastri)
The other way around though, when we score big, some players can't resist diving into the crowd for a celebration, connecting with our dedicated fans. The overwhelming noise and proximity to the crowd remind them of their roots and the initial passion that ignited their love for the game.
However, not all players enjoy the college stadium setup. Limited facilities can make the experience less enjoyable. For some Monarch players, it becomes a drag unfortunately. I dare to say they are pampered by their luxurious arena.

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

Player task:

William Salming prepares same way to all hockey games. It helps him to reset mentally and just focus on sports when there is some outside noise and politics which doesn't belong to it. William begins his preparation routine with some strechtes. He goes to his own bubble and after that starts to wear hockey equipment. In the warm-up Salming likes to play with the puck by himself near the boards if there aren't any common drills going on. After that he shoots pucks to the empty net. And then back in the locker room he closes his eyes for a fifteen minutes and opens them five minutes before puck drop. In his mind he goes to through some scenarios about the upcoming game. Mental preparation at its best. It really helps William to focus on just the game and nothing else. So, this is the story how Salming is ready to play all the time. Vamos and let's go boys.

[Image: salming.png]

SSL Affiliate

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Player Prompt

As a professionnal player, we have to build a shell that will protect us against bad press and things people are saying about us. We are humans are we are trying our best to win, but sometimes it's simply not working our way. It's even more true for goalies since we are the last line of defense and our mistakes are seen by everyone.
For our trip to Belarus, obviously no one on our team wanted to go there, but when your team have a game, you just can't stay home. You have to be prepared for everything when you go in a country like that and think that they are there to protect us more than anything. So focus on your game the best you can, and hope for the best so we can all go back home as fast as possible. That way we are there to play hockey and get out of there the day after the game.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Playing in a college atmosphere is different, but it’s pretty fun. Obviously the noise level is a little less as there are a fraction of the fans in the building, however the fans that are there are loving it and are keeping the atmosphere great for the entirety of the game.

I think the cool thing about playing in this smaller rink is that it kind of brings you back to the days when players are growing up and playing in local arenas. It feels like the fans are just friendlier almost, like everyone knows one another and they’re just there to enjoy a good game and have some fun. Would I want this to be my permanent arena as a pro? No. However, for a single season this seems like it could be a ton of fun, and I feel like I could get to know the fans more. I do enjoy having more opportunity to interact with our fans and meet new people.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Cale enjoys playing hockey so much that it doesn’t matter where he plays. As lets be honest some college stadiums like Ralph Engelstad Arena are nicer then half the SHL rinks. So its all about perspective. The best part of playing in the smaller college arenas is the atmosphere. Is there anything better then rowdy college kids heckling opposing teams or making it feel as though the roof is going to come down cheering so loud when you score a home goal? For all the reasons people think that it would be awful, it is actually great. Though it isn’t always great when it is a bunch of college kids that are getting a little to intoxicated. One time there was a fan who though it would be a good idea to try and scale the glass and go streaking on the ice. For 1 cold and streaking don’t go together well. And 2 there is a 6 foot tall glass above a 4 foot board that is a long fall when you are naked. Needless to say they fell and ended up not only being banned from the rink but a nice hospital bill on top of it.

Code:
WC 199

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

PBE CW

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

player

sebastien regazzoni is known on the ice for sometimes losing his head due to his stupendous chirping skills causing harm to both himself and the opposition, as he will react to some chirps in a headcase way and lose his fucking shit. this was a very big problem in juniors, until his teammate gnabe dabson (@golden_apricot) forced him to start squatting before every game. during this time, regazzoni thought it would be pertinent to start listening to headspace while trying not to reopen the hole in his butt and found that it had an eerily calming effect. so eerie, in fact, that opposition chirps stopped affecting him the way that it had previously. it is surprising that a combination of meditatve mantras and a weighted workout would lead to such a calming effect, but it also helps him lock in, knowing that the power of the squad will allow his incredibly powerful legs to dust the opposition.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE

Even if you can take this arena deal at face value and truly believe they can get the new one up and running for SHL play in just one year's time (doubtful), the disgrace for my franchise to be moving to a small capacity college arena is just garbage. The lower capacity means skyrocketing ticket prices, so fans need to be better off to come to games, which doesn't really match the Philadelphia demographic, or the Forge's target audience. Additionally, the arena lacks the amenities that you see in a professional stadium. The sports equipment isn't all pristine condition, sharing space with the college during the season itself is a big inconvenience as well. The nice big locker room is reduced to small cubbies, no spa at the far end of the room where the cameras can't get to, and no back door to avoid media vultures? No thanks, I'm still taking my first ticket out of this dumpster.

Code:
169 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Have you ever been to Finland in the winter time? The deepest days of that time, especially spent in areas that are not metropolitan, are some of the bleakest, darkest, loneliest days that exist on planet earth. You see, Igor Victory, of the Philadelphia Forge in the Simulation Hockey League, grew up on a farm outside Tampere, Finland. It was here where the pond in the backyard froze over yearly. It was always the first thing to happen. Even before the snow started to fall. You see, his area had it's own micro-climate that made it unbearably cold around the beginning of November. So from that time on, it was dark and cold. When Igor was old enough to skate, his uncle, who lived on the property as well, would take him out skating, but first, it was always a drink of Jallu to help get the blood flowing. So when Igor started skating, his uncle would give him a dimple's worth of Jallu to get him right and proper. This tradition carried on throughout his junior career, his minor league and finally to the big leagues. He got real good at hiding the Jallu. But you know when he doesn't have it, he's not focused, his skating is all over the place. So, when he gets asked to play in Belarus or Saudi Arabia or Denmark or Japan or Mozambique or Brazil, all he needs is his thimble of Jallu and he's ready to play.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Luc attempting to crowd-surf
[Image: xgqrqTl.png]

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]