Create Account

SHL Recruitment : We want to hear from you!
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2023, 02:37 PM by Frenchie. Edited 4 times in total.)

Hello SHL!

As most of you might know by now, I have taken over from @Ace as the SHL’s Recruitment Head. I want to preface this by saying I don’t expect to reinvent the wheel here but given that I have a fresh outlook on things, I’m hoping we can find ways moving forward to crank the intake dial way up so that we can keep thriving as a league! As a team, we need your help, your input and your ideas.

First of all, we’re going to keep using Reddit as a primary source of recruitment. That being said, with the current shroud of uncertainty around Reddit and to some extent its viability long term now being in question, we must look elsewhere to ensure a constant stream of new users. Therefore, we need your help and are asking all users who are involved in NHL or Hockey communities, whether that is reddit, discord, Facebook pages, blogs and any other platform to come forward. I am anxious to get in touch with you to see how we could potentially expand our recruitment efforts to these new spaces. Why is your participation important? Some people may know that over time, we’ve burned a couple bridges with some people in the Reddit space. As such, we’re looking to build more organic relationships with the moderators and administrators to avoid coming off as aggressively promoting something that could be seen as being off-topic and instead bring it up in a smoother manner from within the community. We understand it’s not a guarantee to work, but we’re hoping that we can mend some of our relationships and move forward in a more sustainable way. If you could, please DM me or any of the recruitment team members that I’ll have tagged below, that would be much appreciated!

Second of all, and this ties into the first point, but we’re keen on hearing from you on ideas to help improve the recruitment. If you have ideas on places to look at, we’d love to hear about it! We don’t know enough of the inter-webs to be 100% thorough! So all input is welcome!

Finally, we’d love to hear from you about how the league is in general in terms of its ability to attract people and most importantly retain them. How can we make the on-boarding process better, how can we improve our recruitment efforts to better reflect the league. If you have constructive criticism from your own experience, please share! In the end, we’re really aiming to avoid any shortcomings and we need to hear from you!

In the end, the more we pour ourselves as a community in our efforts to recruit new users, the better the experience gets. If that means that you assist with what is above, that’s awesome! If you help out in spreading the word among your friends, excellent! We don’t want anyone to feel forced to reach out, so every little bit helps! That being said, we’re really hoping we can start getting the ball rolling a bit more on word-of-mouth recruitment! Talk to your friends, talk to your communities from other leagues or other sports/hockey spaces! We’re thinking of tweaking the recruitment milestones a bit to help out with that, but our users in the SHL are the best tool we have to attract new users!

I appreciate everyone taking the time to read this! As mentioned, if you want to suggest anything or have a chat about recruitment, feel free to DM me or any of the recruitment team members: @Ace, @aleks, @TheRoyalEmpoleon, @Seymour and @Matteo!

Have a great day!
Frenchie

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

Applied

[Image: izzy.PNG]

06-23-2023, 02:22 PMaleks Wrote: Applied
fired

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

go to tumblr and recruit the hockey fanfiction writers I am daring you

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

06-23-2023, 02:28 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: go to tumblr and recruit the hockey fanfiction writers I am daring you
Alternatively we can try DeviantArt and recruit anyone who draws hockey related smut. RIP @Julio Tokolosh (he's not dead just IA)

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

06-23-2023, 02:28 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: go to tumblr and recruit the hockey fanfiction writers I am daring you

Blorbo from my hockey league????

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I was promised reinvented wheels.

Am disappointed.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

did you try physical media

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

r/canesfanfics recruitment when

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

have you tried posting in youtube comment sections

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

just @ me next time i'll respond

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

That paid FB ad is what drew me in... /s

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

06-23-2023, 06:09 PMPapaSorin Wrote: That paid FB ad is what drew me in... /s

Hey we got @echlyrica from FB don’t knock it

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

06-23-2023, 06:20 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: Hey we got @echlyrica from FB don’t knock it
I'm not. Literally. Unless you think a first gen J rookie/Co-Fed head is small potatoes, I'm also proof that the small investment works.

To be fair though, I saw the ad no less than 6x before deciding to sign up. First time I saw it I was like "meh...", scrolled past it a few more times before finally clicking.