Create Account

SHL Portal Announcement
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 04:42 PM by DrunkenTeddy. Edited 2 times in total.)

Hello SHL,

Back in the S69 State of the Union some of you might remember HO talking about an update portal being worked on by the development team and it possibly being 6 months from release. I am happy to announce that we have made great progress and are now targeting a release date of after the S72 playoffs, before the start of S73. We do still have a bit of development work left to do around the banking aspects of the portal, but we expect we can have that done in time for this release target. I understand this announcement will come with a lot of questions, I will try my best to answer them here .

Starting this season there is a beta test of the new portal involving select site members such as GMs, Head Office, and a few other groups who will need to use the portal for more than just updating their players. We have started with a select group to iron out any issues with the extra pages and actions they will see. In the not too distant future we will be opening up testing to everyone on the site. The purpose of these tests is to find bugs and issues with functionality. We will also be gathering feedback for future releases if any additional features are desired.

Many areas of the forum will be migrated into the portal and the processes for doing a lot of day to day activities on the site will be changing along with it. We are working with multiple teams to develop guides for updating, tpe submissions, banking, etc using the new system.

We’re aware this will impact a number of jobs, Head Office is discussing pay raises for other positions and increasing monetary rewards in other areas.

There are a few specific changes that I would like to highlight. As we worked through the development of the portal we worked with HO to discuss some simplifying of rules and procedures to allow the portal to function properly and make things easier for users. The following changes will go into affect when we switch to the portal:
- Activity check and weekly training will start and end on Sunday at 11:59:59 PACIFIC time. You will no longer be able to buy for either week between 9pm and 12am pacific time.
- Changes to builds are instant and not reversible, players will not have until the Saturday to change what attributes they are increasing.
- To retire and keep your player for a season you must retire after the offseason changeover/post (Head office will still post a thread to inform the site of the season change).
- Personal Coaching will change from tiered purchase options to per TPE purchase. SMJHL rookies pay 225k/TPE up to a max of 20, SHL and Send-Downs pay 300k/TPE up to a max of 28.
- The offseason switch/post starts regression, it will take away the appropriate amount of TPE from each player, but will ignore the current week's AC/Training if done/purchased already, this way no one loses an extra point or two by timing their AC/Training wrong. This also means all point tasks submitted into the portal before the season change are included in regression, those submitted after it will not be. No exceptions here. So the PT team and HO will need to be on the same page and be sure that the right tasks are already submitted to the portal before HO presses the season switch button.
- We will increase free redistribution for 2nd season players from 50 to 80 to match the max redistribution that is available for purchase.
- GMs will only be able to assign players from free agency to their team or players from their team to other teams. They will not be able to transfer players from other teams to their own. For trades involving players both gms will have to move the players. Roster transactions should be done on the forum as they are now before moving players between teams in the portal.

A few other notes I wanted to include for people's awareness:
- The portal will use your forum username and password for logging in
- TPE claims are handled a bit differently in the portal, you will not need to find a claim post and post a link, instead the PT team will submit that directly into the portal and your player will immediately have that TPE added to their banked TPE.
- Activity checks, training, coaching, and team training camp can be done on your player page. AC and Training will appear at all times but will be grayed out if you have already claimed them. Coaching and TTC will only appear if you are eligible to buy them. DFAs will not see either option listed, once the season switch happens they will be eligible to complete them.
- Since there will still be time to claim TPE from before the portal after we go live, we will be setting up a thread to post any such claims and they will be checked, then entered into the portal and awarded to your player.
- The bank balances will move to the new system, but the bank transaction history will not. We will keep the old system available for read only purposes.

And finally for a bit of show and tell, here is what your player page/update page will look like:
[Image: Tqx3ZhO.png]
[Image: lQbusQc.png]

Huge thanks to the other developers who have contributed to this so far: @downer @luke @esilverm @grok @Canadice

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I cannot stress how incredibly grateful I am to the entire dev team and the hours/days/weeks/months of work they've put into this. Y'all are absolute superstars and I don't think most people understand how much nitty gritty coding stuff goes into making this site function behind the scenes <3

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

downer the absolute goat

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

ive had a beer with teddy irl before

[Image: izzy.PNG]

God the amount of work being put into this is just incredible

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

07-07-2023, 04:42 PMaleks Wrote: ive had a beer with teddy irl before
[Image: oh-my-god-i-know-him-russell-hornsby.gif]

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I’m not nervous at all, it’s cool.

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

groundbreaking stuff - keep up the great work all <3

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Two words from me.

God damn.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

looks like an insane amount of work... great job everyone involved, holy

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

This is amazing!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Honestly a QOL improvement of this scale would bring a lot of people back to the site for some of the lower update or fully inactive members. Prob would be the biggest QOL improvement from a site standpoint ever to be implemented in my experience here

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Thank to everyone who put any sort of time into this, this was a huge undertaking and it will be a great addition to the league.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Amazing work all

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride