Create Account

It's Been Long Enough

Closing the TD did not stop TDs from occurring. I can’t believe it!

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

It’s the weekend so I’m mobile so this should be short for once but I do want to add another thing.

While Chevy is correct that you said absolutely nothing upon your departure to indicate to us that this was due to any kind of mental health anything - I did reach out. I did check in with you. And the thing about HO is that we talk to each other. I talked to you because I probably had the most personal interactions with you at the time out of anybody in HO, but because we all communicate, I also told others in HO that I had checked in on you. I’m not going to put blame on them for not checking in with you when a. you didn’t give us any reason to think this was because of anything other than you being angry stuff didn’t go your way, and b. they knew I (and at least one other person) already HAD checked in on you.

I thought we’d talked through some of this stuff, even weeks later when you reached back out to me again and asked me what my perception of the situation was. I gave you my honest answer. I thought we’d talked it out, and I think it’s disingenuous to say that nobody checked on you (except for the two people who totally did check in on you and had extensive discussions with you on the topic).

I hope you’re doing better.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

07-09-2023, 09:19 AMtrella Wrote: Closing the TD did not stop TDs from occurring. I can’t believe it!

If only this were actually resembling a TD

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

07-09-2023, 09:19 AMtrella Wrote: Closing the TD did not stop TDs from occurring. I can’t believe it!
not enough off-topic flaming

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Nothing HO does is good

#JPL4HO

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

07-09-2023, 09:56 AMadamantium Wrote: not enough off-topic flaming

Not yet...

...Buffalo test simmed to win the cup!

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

For transparency, thread moved to General Discussion.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

07-09-2023, 10:39 AMFrenchie Wrote: For transparency, thread moved to General Discussion.

It’s so transparent I can see right thru to the thunderdomeeeee

[Image: Wally.png]

The Threads of thunderdome

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

07-09-2023, 09:56 AMadamantium Wrote: not enough off-topic flaming
If we’re gonna talk about cliques we should be talking about HAMILTON!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

07-09-2023, 08:30 AMChevy Wrote: I had a moment like you once.  It was March of 2022 and I was GM of the Grizzlies still.  It was about, 3-3:15 in the morning and I was having a nice long blow-off about thing...about it felt like we had to be "perfect" as GM's in the SMJHL.  A blowoff that should have never happened to be honest.  I should have realized before hand that I was in the middle of a burnout.  Mentally I was not alright and I should have said something, but I didn't.  I blew up on something absolutely stupid and I still feel I owe SMJHL HO, especially @ACapitalChicago and @SDCore many more apologizes still over a year later for it since they were the ones that were there and heard it.

Mental health, is no joke and if you are, in fact, having issues you really should reach out and ask to talk to someone.  Here, in real life, it doesn't matter.  Nobody will know if you don't say something.  Despite our best efforts as humans in the evolutionary chain, as far as I know...nobody has actually learned how to do telepathy.

Now, as far as you feeling the need to make this post and have it be pseudo-thunderdomeish...I just need to stop you right here.

While you were tired of stress, or whatever feeling of ostracizing you may have felt....when you left us you made ZERO STATEMENT about being in a bad mental state or really wanting to talk to anyone.  Instead you dropped this wonderful post and split out faster than an Izzy-ism.

[Image: IMG_4197.png?width=698&height=676]
I DO NOT SEE EYE TO EYE WITH ANY OF YOU, AND I BELIEVE THAT TO BE THE DRIVING FACTOR IN THIS GROWING RIFT...
Scud, that definitely sounds more like a you issue than a fake "clique" issue.   You weren't in fact a lone minority.  There were times I recall my votes were alongside yours, and even now I can confirm in HO that I have had votes against subjects, made my arguments in support of my decision and still "lost" if you could call it that.    Its democracy.  It doesn't always go the way you want it in there.  I can say, with 100% certainty that we enjoyed having you in HO.....until you decided to temper tantrum and just....split in the middle of your HO term without even letting it ride out.

And now you want to post this "woe-is-me" thunderdomy media post.

Don't get me wrong Scud, if you've got stress and mental stuff going on, I CARE.  Many people here care.  All you have to do is ask to talk.  But I am also going to have to call you out on the BS.

Hope stuff gets better for you sooner than later and I hope to keep seeing you around the site.

I don't speak for Acap, but I hold 0 ill will or bad feelings/intentions towards you. Everyone here is a real person and I've done far worse than the things you said to me. I also have learned to not take things as personally. Plus, I've known you long enough and understood your frustration. So don't worry about me or feel a great need to apologize.

Scud, HO is demanding, unappreciated, and tough. Being a dissenting voice can be hard, annoying, and down right frustrating. In most of my tenure in HO, almost over 3 1/2 years, I played this role. So, I get the frustration of it, but this is maybe not the most constructive way to do this, though I have thought about something similar so I get the approach. I do hope you are doing better.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Make careers shorter and rebuilds faster

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Make careers longer and rebuilds slower

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

hey this was posted in media, so it should be graded as such and not moved to general discussion. if you’re going to refuse to grade it at least move it to invalid media.

[Image: sobchak.png]