Create Account

S72 PT #0: Trades, Trades, Trades

pbe affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2023, 11:21 PM by Grum.)

I honestly can not think of anytime that Tomen or any other general manager of Buffalo making a trade that I thought was bad. There is most likely some draft pick one that did not pan out or something but that is beyond my desire to search for a bad trade so I will talk about the trade that landed me in Buffalo. The trade in question looked something like this:

Chicago trades: 1st overall pick in S51 (me)
Buffalo Stampede trades: 3rd overall pick in S51 (Abel Skinner) + The Dude (900 ish TPE regressing IA defensemen)

There might have also been a 2nd or 3rd rounder randomly thrown in there but I can't remember. The reason this is a bad trade was because Chicago had no intentions to draft me at 1 and I was not going 2 either so basically Buffalo got rid of a player just so I could say I was the 1st overall pick in my draft

(this trade actually made a lot of sense but who cares)

[Image: image.png]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

PBE PT

My favourite trade tree is the one in which the Leafs traded two firsts and a second round pick to the boston bruins for Phil Kessel. Firstly, Kessel was a stud and was the first bright light for the organization on a while. A bona fide sniper, hilarious interview and overall great guy. Boston used those picks on Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton and Jared Knight. Now - they won a cup with Segs on the roster so it’s a dub regardless for them, but the trade tree gets better after. Seguin is unceremoniously traded to Dallas where he’d develop into a star in the league, with one of the main pieces coming back being Loui Eriksson. Loui struggled and has become a hockey cult icon since his stint with the Canucks. Dougie Hamilton was also moved by the Bruins before he hit his prime. I’m not sure where he was traded to. Kessel went on to be traded for Kasperi Kapanen and a first. The first was moved for Freddie Andersen who eventually walked in FA. W. Kapanen was traded back to Pittsburgh eventually, and the trade tree died.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Prompt 1: As a Washington Capitals fan my NHL fan experience has been less than perfect, although we have recently won a Stanley Cup and have had a great time watching Ovi throughout his career there have been plenty of ups and downs throughout the time i have called myself a Capitals fan. One of the lowest moments as a fan in my eyes was when the Capitals traded forwards Jakub Vrana and Richard Panik as well as two draft picks to the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for Anthony Mantha. in my eyes Mantha and Vrana were pretty close players in terms of skill so seeing that we gave away so much for so little was very disappointing. I understand there are other factors in trades like salary cap and locker room chemistry but i can not help but believe that the Detroit Red Wings management were shocked that the Capitals even considered this trade let alone accepted it. The management of the Vancouver Whalers and Baltimore Platoon would never make such bad trades. Whalers Platoon

Simmer PT Pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2023, 12:19 AM by mee. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ah yes, the Rick Nash trade-tree that built the Rangers literally forever.

Rick Nash, Steve Delisle, and a third-round pick were traded to the Rangers for Tim Erixson, Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov and a first-round pick (Kerby Rychel).

Nash was traded to the Bruins for Ryan Spooner (quickly flipped for Ryan Strome), Matt Beleskey (nothing), Ryan Lindgren (a total beast currently Adam Fox's partner) a first-round pick and a seventh-round pick.
The 7th rounder became Riley Hughes (although they received a 2019 7th rounder, they traded it for a 2018 7th rounder and took Hughes).
The first-rounder was part of a trade-up to take K'Andre Miller.

The third-rounder the Rangers got from Columbus? They used it to take Pavel Buchnevich. A player I wish was still on Broadway. But instead he was traded to St. Louis for Sammy Blais and a second-rounder (Elias Salomonsson, but the pick itself was part of a trade for Andrew Copp at the 2022 deadline). Blais was moved for Vladimir Tarasenko and Niko Mikkola at the 2023 deadline.

I'm really sorry I can't go through the Blue Jacket side, basically, Dubinsky played his career as a Jacket, Erikson was traded for Jeremy Morin who with Anisimov and others were traded for a package including Brandon Saad who headlined the Jackets' rental of Artemi Panarin (who signed in New York).

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

The easiest answer to this would obviously be the Gretzky trade tree, which lasted over several decades. One that hits home for me (for all the wrong reasons) would actually be the Eric Lindros trade tree. Philly would send a king's ransom to Quebec to get the rights to Lindros, including sending future Hall of Famers Peter Forsberg and Ron Hextall the other way. Also included in the trade was the 1993 1st round pick used to select longtime NHL goaltender Jocelyn Thibault, another 1st round pick, and several NHL players, AND $10 million in cash.. something not allowed by today's rules. The trade tree actually lives on today as we speak, as Arizona's Brandon Gormley is the only one keeping it alive. The tree had actually almost died back in 2009 but Calgary's Stefan Elliott was traded to acquire Gormley, keeping the tree alive by a single branch. We'll see how much longer it can live into the future.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

So I had to ask my GMs who we traded since I’m not familiar with all the ins and outs and goings and comings and toos and fros of the Atlanta Inferno, and apparently the only trade we’ve done recently was trading for the corpse of Leppy’s first player and honestly that’s just a terrible trade. Not only did we get a Leppy, but we also got an IA and retired Leppy. I mean, an active and non-retired Leppy is already a bad deal but at least you get a useful player. This one was a useless player and on top of that, also a Leppy. I’m not sure how hotdog survived such an atrocious trade. The team should’ve rose up and overthrown him. Now, I’m not here to drag hotdog through the mud, and I would never say such things, but there are some (again, not me) saying that he should step down.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

the Detroit Falcons are clearly in a slump right now going through transition and some down seasons as a result.  With this lack of recent success before I joined the team in the S71 draft the locker room was a quiet place and as viscous cycles go that resulted in it being an undesirable locker room to be a part of (resulting in a lack of chatter resulting in... you get it).  The best example of the price this cost the team and the resulting attrition via trade is the DET-YUM trade from March 28, 2023.  Detroit traded away promising rookie Theodore Svatos and in return got YUM's S71 1st round pick and an IA under 200 TPE.  That low return was simply because Svatos demanded the trade so Detroit's hands were tied.  Why it is the worst trade that Detroit has ever made is because that S71 YUM pick turned into the Murray, an objective shit pick and total bust.

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me about the worst trade your team has ever made. This can be your SHL team, or any professional hockey team you cheer for in real life. If you choose your SHL team, please don't use this to flame your GM - they're doing their best!

As a hockey newbie this is a tough one for me to answer since I know next to nothing. With that said, the only Bruins trade that I sorta am familiar with that has been pretty unanimously panned was back in 2013 when they traded Tyler Seguin to the Dallas Stars (along with Rich Peverley and Ryan Button) for Loui Eriksson and three prospects (Joseph Morrow, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser). With the exception of Seguin and Smith, I have no idea who the rest of those players are. From some quick research it looks as though Erikksson was solid, but eventually left as a FA, while Fraser never developed, Morrow was a 7th D at best, and Smith was later flipped for Jimmy Hayes in a second suboptimal trade. Seguin went on to be a multiple time all-star for the Stars and is still with them today, while the B's retain none of the assets they acquired from the deal. Bad business indeed.

My current favorite trades are in the SHL junior league. First, Regina Elk traded their season 72 3rd round pick to the Carolina Kraken to help make up the difference between 2 draft picks being exchanged. Then, Carolina promised the later pick of Regina 3rd and Carolina 3rd to Detroit. Then later the Regina 3rd got traded back to Regina along with a Kraken 4th for a player, Alexandros Mograin. However, they opened up a chance for having to give Detroit a pick they didn't have if the conditional didn't work out the way they hoped, so Carolina was able to trade back for the Regina 3rd pick and then, in that same trade, trade back to Regina the earlier pick of Regina 3rd and Carolina 3rd to complement the previous trade to Detroit. The standing cause the Regina pick to be earlier in the draft, so Regina got back Regina 3rd. And that's the wild tale of how Regina kept their 3rd while almost causing Carolina to double trade.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Code:
PROMPT 1: The Trade is 1 for 1

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me about the worst trade your team has ever made. This can be your SHL team, or any professional hockey team you cheer for in real life. If you choose your SHL team, please don't use this to flame your GM - they're doing their best!

This is a bit hard to answer since the Dallas Stars haven't made a whole lot of egregious trades recently, and I became a fan well into the Jim Nill era of the franchise where we were on the good sides of trades (see: Tyler Seguin). From looking through some older trades, I do have to agree with some lists that the trade for Alex Goligowski from the Pittsburgh Penguins was pretty bad. For him, we gave up James Neal and Matt Niskanen. While Neal has pretty much washed up in recent years, he was a very solid forward earlier in his career, even potting 50 points in his highest with the Stars, and Niskanen was still fairly young. Trading even the production from Neal for Goligowski was a bit of a miscalculation. While we did keep him on longer than the Penguins did Neal and Niskanen, he wasn't exactly a monster on the score sheet (this was firmly in Benn and Seguin's prime, and Klingberg was actually good).

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]