Create Account

S72 PT #0: Trades, Trades, Trades

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

PROMPT 1:

This is 100% just for fun, please don’t take it to be true. I was going to write about how the Edmonton Oilers pissed me off when they traded Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson. I just think Taylor Hall on that team would’ve been dynamite as the years went on. I don’t think moving him was necessarily the right move. I really wish I could make it to the NHL GM that would be a lot of fun. However, I would also like to talk a little bit about the SMJHL and stay relevant to the league.

I think the trade that a lot of teams are gonna be kicking himself in the ass for not making is going to be the 41st overall trade in the SHL draft recently. This is where my player, Konig Wolf, Was selected by New Orleans. I’m going to be a very good player, but there was a lot of teams before me that overlooked me. This also included New Orleans, but fortunately, they selected Me. I am going to rain down magic on the league like I did last season in the SMJHL. It’s my mission right now to become a very very very good hockey player. Well, I do it? Honestly, who the hell knows. I’d like to think I can and it would be a lot of fun if I could.

Prompt 1

The worst trade that my team, the Boston Bruins, has made in my memory is the Joe Thornton trade back in 2005. The Bruins traded a peak Joe Thornton to the San Jose Sharks for Marco Sturm, Wayne Primeau, and Brad Stuart. The Bruins used Jumbo Joe as a total scapegoat because of his bad playoffs the year prior. But in the season they traded him, he was already better then a point per game. To add some more salt to the wound that season, in San Jose Thornton played at an almost 2 points per game pace. Of the three players the Bruins got in return, Marco Sturm was the only player to kind of maybe sort of have any sort of impact on the team. Those three players combined scored 1016 career points. Joe Thornton had 1539! Imagine what Joe could have done in Boston with the core they would eventually develop over the next couple years. What an absolute travesty.
(163)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

I know you said to not use this as an opportunity to flame my GM, but I want to! The single worst trade ever made in SHL history was moving my player, the great Johnny FourStar, from Winnipeg to Toronto at the start of this season. Wow, after all the time I had spent developing! After an amazing showing in the WJC (by the way, are we getting one of those this year?)! After numerous seasons playing well for the Vancouver Whalers Junior Hockey Cadets! After late nights talking about our hopes and dreams! I was shipped off for spare parts, a concession stand boiled hot dog, and a bag of pucks. How could they have done that to poor, poor Johnny?

Well now Johnny has a chip on his shoulder, the biggest chip the world has ever seen! Like a really really big Pringle. And he's gonna show the entire league what a big, dumb mistake Winnipeg just made!

(161)

ISFL Affiliate IsaStarcrossed

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

The Winnipeg Aurora have not made a single bad move or trade over the past 10 seasons. It's amazing. Since I can't talk about them, I'll talk about my Canes. 

Nothing immediately sticks out in my mind and the Canes are usually pretty light on trades or are the winners. After consulting Google, I may have to say trading with Florida for Vincent Trocheck in 2020. While Trocheck had a fine stint with the canes, we gave up quite a bit for him. We gave up Erik Haula, Lucas Wallmark, Eetu Luostarainen, and Chase Priskie. Other than Haula, they were all on the early side of development. The young ones, especially Luostarainen is coming into his own recently with Florida. 

Basically a rental because he left the next year for NYR, the deal has become a tad sour because of the young talent we lost. Now, if the Canes were to actually get the deal done that year and win the cup, we would be talking about this as an amazing trade. Trocheck was good, but his lack on longevity with the Canes hurt us on this trade.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Oh god. Please don't get rid of the role playing prompts. I have no clue about what happens in the league so I have no idea how to write 150 words here. I also don't feel like googling "best Habs trade trees for my fake hockey league PT".

I've been a part of the Citadelles organization since it saw the light of day so obviously in my mind getting traded out of it is not particularly pleasant. Is it the worst trade ever? From Québec's side, yes probably. Now my awesome self will be known as a Scarecrow alumni until the end of days and you definitely want to be associated with me. Sure, they got two high draft picks for a 1 year rental but when the rental is ME, you have to pay the high price. I'm sure most Citadelles fans fell down to their knees in a Belle Province while reading the trade news, and honestly? I probably would have reacted the same way.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Prompt 1-

This isn’t my team making the bad end of the trade, but I’m sure everyone remember the mczerl trade. You know THE mczerl trade. I am not going to name names or teams because you said don’t flame anyone, but anyone who knows what I speak of, knows the involved parties. It was a tremendous trade for one side. No so much for the other. Some times people are not ready to be in charge of a fake hockey team and make silly and rash decisions. This was one of them, and. O thing against the player either. He’s a nice guy who never gave me any reason to believe he is not. I was going to make it about being drafted by west Kendal only to be traded to Texas then Seattle before even playing a game. Then Seattle moved to Tampa before I got called up. Did not make me feel good as a person or a player. Trades are dumb most times.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Its not the best trade for me personally, but a long long time ago in a league not so far away. My player Zoltan Topalo was traded from the Buffalo Stampede to the Tampa Bay Barracuda. The biggest name in this trade was Matt Kholin on his way to Buffalo. With this asset buffalo was able to win multiple challenge cups in the FHM 6 Era. Tampa was in rebuilt which wasn’t a problem for Zoltan it all. Personally if was a great trade for me. I was able to as a newer player in the league, help establish a locker room with the GM’s and it really helped me find comfort and my place in the league. Zoltan would eventually spend his entire career, having played every single game for the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Its hard to find a player that shows that much loyalty to spend their life and career with just one team. Looking back, this is something I’m definitely proud of.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

So first prompt and usually trades involving me in PBE have been pretty even. Good picks or good youth type vibes. Same for the 1 in ISFL so really they are not applicable and in SHL the only majors 1 I was involved in was a sign n trade which I feel the Blizzard got quite a good deal in picks. (Unsure who they got for them tbh)

The worst trade ever though has to be when I was Vancouver Whalers Captain and it was confirmed I was going up to the Chiefs. I was looking forward to going up and the Whalers were struggling but I did not mind. Players were earning, locker room was fun and it was a great time. Whalers GMs decided to trade me for a 2nd rounder without telling me which fucking hurt cause I did not want to leave, yet alone to the rival team.

That 2nd rounded was a very high 2nd rounder and they managed to get! Nobody! He went IA almost immediately. So lost a confirmed recreate for themselves and got the "i dont wanna play for you" message. I went onto become Raptors captain for 3 seasons loving every second. Just really funny to see them do shitty trades.

[212 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Flaming @HabsFanFromOntario  for his trades is one of my favorite hobbies! That being said, if we're looking at his *recent* trades, there's one in particular that stands out as perhaps the biggest price tag ever paid for a single player. On April 29th, a long and controversial process came to a conclusion, with Edmonton acquiring Alvin Wong from the Toronto North Stars. The cost? See for yourself:

To Blizzard
Alvin Wong

To Stars
72 WPG 1st
73 WPG 1st
75 EDM 1st
73 NOLA 2nd
72 EDM 3rd
73 MTL 3rd
73 EDM 3rd
75 EDM 3rd
73 EDM 4th

Shipping off quite literally every pick left in the cupboard, HFFO made a statement and brought in a co-GM after seasons of churn at the position. From a value standpoint, was this trade a good idea? Of course not, no player is worth three 1st round picks, and that doesn't even include the picks taken in the tampering punishment that went with it! The value isn't what makes this the worst Blizzard trade, though. Since taking over as our co-GM, @Eggcracker has become a vicious tyrant, whipping us weekly to do our tasks and ruling with an iron fist. These are dark times in Edmonton, and we can only pray that someday HFFO puts down his controller and stops playing Diablo long enough to notice how badly we need him back.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

The worst trade the Wings ever made was trading for Kyle Quincey. The idiots gave up a first round pick and Sebastien Piche for a guy who at the time had only 23 points in 54 games. They made the move to try and make a run in the playoffs, Did it work? Hell no, they got bounced in the first round by Nashville. Detroit kept that waste of space around for 4 seasons and he didn't do shit in Detroit. Why was this so bad besides the obvious fact they gave a first rounder for this clown? Tampa then used that first rounder to take Andrei Vasilevsky. They got arguably the greatest goaile of the past several years for a retread, It makes me sick to think of how many more cups Detroit could have won or how much further along they'd be right now. And people wonder why I drink. Screw you Holland.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Prompt 1:

For me personally, the worst trade the Edmonton Oilers have made in recent years is the trade that sent Ethan Bear to the Carolina Hurricanes for Warren Foegele. Now I only think this trade is awful because I liked Ethan Bear and thought he played well for the Oilers. Looking objectively at the trade for Edmonton, they got the better end of the deal. Foegele is a player that is perfect for the bottom 6, something that the Oilers struggle with every year. That said, in order to bring Foegele in, they had to give up Ethan Bear, who plays defense. Defense is always an issue for the Oilers, where it seems they had 2 solid defenders and the rest are 7th man type guys or AHL at best. It was a trade of a solid defenseman for a solid depth player. The issue being that at the time, the Oilers needed to have solid defenseman that could play both sides of the puck.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Prompt 1

The Calgary Dragons take Duncan Mackenzie for things. How could they? Just monstrous. DMack, along with Grogu Mandosson were the heart of the team for many seasons. They led the team on the ice and off, building it up from the ground up. Sadly, the time had come to rebuild again and DMack and Grogu were prime assets. Grogu was flipped in the offseason and DMack suddenly found himself in a locker room he no longer recognized. Who were these people??? But then, the new GM, a seemingly decent person, decided it was time to pull the trigger at the trade deadline. DMack was made aware he was on the block and the GM was very kind and professional. He was given the opportunity to slightly shape his destination.

The return was probably pretty good. Draft picks and a player. But it is unlikely that these players will be equal to what DMack brought to the team. The intangibles. Filling out the team history page and the all time scoring list. That kind of stuff.

I wish Calgary all the best and by no means think they did the wrong thing! It was time to move on.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora